XZiggsX

Just now, speed said:

Interesting idea. I could see something like this being added down the road. Dirty money as a reward is a good idea @yNzx_ 

Maybe be assigned to hunt a specific car to prevent people just sitting at the shop stealing every car they see?

That could work very well, hunting specific cars. Like the Simeon missions in vanilla GTA online (though that was pretty unclear which cars were in demand, as in the notification of which cars are demanded).

Though I do think you should still be able to sell other cars (even for a tiny fraction of the money). It would be a shame for RP sake to not be able to chop the car up after a successful heist (so the cops have no leads and cant track it or anything) or not being able to steal a supercar parked in an abandoned garage.

@Muroko was just talking about wishing they would have this. TBH it would be good if you made it go steal this exact car and get some money based on how rare the car is. Dirty money of course but it would be interesting for sure. I will always be up for more hands-on jobs that don't have you sit and wait too long. 

I like the idea, after all quite fits with the game's name. Sure needs to limit the models somehow, agree the list of cars you can steal should be bigger than the few Simon gives in GTAO. But agree with @speed that if you let steal any car then things might go a bit crazy. That or make the cost_of_lockpick+time_invested for low level cars not make it worth it. That way people have to at least look around for the specific models. And the dynamic is more about find + steal + deliver.

I think that an extra step could be added for high end cars. And that should be disable alarm. It could be implemented by adding an item 'electronic kit' or alike, that players could use after stealing the vehicle to disable tracking. It would be a bit expensive so players could try to steal the high end cars, with high risk, leaving the tracking on that might alert the cops. Or investing on using one of those kits as soon as they can to keep a low profile.

About the cost of GTA money/time in jail, probably will need to be adjusted, depending on how much this new activity happens. Will be great to make it lucrative but also give motivation for players to do it stealthy, instead of blunt and then 'Just toss me into jail' if caught.

27 minutes ago, BrandonM said:

One sale per server restart seems pretty reasonable as well.

That would be very weird, that would force people to do other things than stealing cars. While being a car thief could be a fun alternative to grinding peaches.

Making it a single one per rotation would force you to do those other (more boring) jobs anyway.

A select few cars that are desired sounds good, like @Tomas García said: more about find + steal + deliver. Though I really really wanna stress the fact that other cars should go for a little as well, it would be weird to spend 500 on a lockpick and not get 500-700 from chopping the car, even if its a common car like the Sabre Turbo. Getting that tiny profit wouldn't be enough to grab every car you see, but accidentally getting the wrong car shouldn't mean you lose cash due to the $500 lockpick.

*edit : But fuck panto's, nobody should get cash from those little monsters.

Edited by XZiggsX
addition of *edit

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Seeing as there appears to be a system to already steal cars with the use of a lock-pick and to modify cars, why not enhance it a bit?

Central idea: Lets say you feel like taking the role of a criminal and a thief. Or maybe you just see a nice car you like on the street and want for yourself or would like to sell? Well for these special RP occasions a short of illegal chop shop should be implemented into the server.

Whats the place like?: Well it would be against the law to be near here of course, giving the police a reason to pull you over due to known thievery around the area. Although for criminals it would be a place where you could steal a car (low end) on the street and bring it there to make it yours or even simply sell it for profit. (You cant modify cars here) 

Make cars yours?: This would only apply to low end cars of course (maybe $30,000 or lower) and would charge you around 40-70% of its original cost to actually make yours.  Actual owned player vehicles though wouldn't be able to be owned. 

Sell cars for money?: You of course wouldn't make what the car is actually worth (10-30%), and again this would only apply to low tier cars. Player cars would be applicable to this though, but a max profit of around $1,000-$20,000 depending on the car.

Why should this be implemented?: Well this would not only give players the urge to watch their cars and not leave them randomly around but also gives a bigger emphasis on criminal life and trust. Adding an entirely new way to make money in a risky fashion, a new reasonable way to lose money, a way to get cars (instead of the shop) at a somewhat cheaper cost, but also gives cops a place to patrol to catch car jackers. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Storrent said:

walks up to legion
steals someone's car
worth too much
abandon it
nobody wins

game crash
someone finds your car
worth too much
abandon it
nobody wins

buy 50 lockpicks
lockpick 50 cars worth $30k
chain-sell them
repeat ad nauseam
the economy loses

How about we don't

Regarding legion, players tend to be spread all across it so stealing someones car simply wont be easy as im sure someone will stop you, and regarding the spamming of this mission their can be time limit of how often we can do this. Maybe once every 30-60 minutes. Also prices can be set to whatever seems fair, maybe 1-10k.

Edited by BoJack Horseman

i like the idea of a chopshop to sell stolen NPC vehicle's for risk but maybe player owned vehicles should be off limits give a little more incentive to hold lock picks as well as run as a crew to steal vehicles and maybe make the chopshop itself like a job to where you have to physically chop the vehicles for a payout like a mini game before you recieve your payout.

6 hours ago, BoJack Horseman said:

Hopefully this can be a reminder then since that was posted all the way back in October and seems like something not too hard to implement. 

This has been tried to be coded and has seen to be harder than expected. its not just making a chop shot its also how to incorporate RP in to it. 

Would be great to see, not sure why you can't steal cars either. just give police a notification about it and everythings good, adds more RP for players and cops. Also makes it more realistic. Not seeing a downside here, been on a lot of other servers that have car thefts/chopshop and its a great time. Would love to see it implemented here.

• Like 2

On 9/30/2018 at 7:27 PM, Storrent said:

walks up to legion
steals someone's car
worth too much
abandon it
nobody wins

game crash
someone finds your car
worth too much
abandon it
nobody wins

buy 50 lockpicks
lockpick 50 cars worth $30k
chain-sell them
repeat ad nauseam
the economy loses

How about we don't

Great input....very friendly approach....

@ original poster; I do enjoy the thought, I think if it is to be implemented , and as mentioned by Daniel Bos, RP has to be taken into consideration. With that in mind, you don't need an actual chop shop coded into the city in order to RP one out of your own. Not to mention, it would probably be a lot safer to do that anyways, because this would allow you to select your own location, and to advertise discretely, and RP out scenarios if trouble is brought up. Now, personally....I'd like to see the idea incorporated into the city with the proper coding to prevent the economy from going into shambles. Best way to possibly approach this is allow it to be an illegal business that must be purchased, and that can be shut down upon discovery of illegal activity, but, without knowing coding, and without additional in depth processing, I can see that being a little bit of a pain to get setup. Overall......RP is the important aspect here, and a lot would have to be incorporated in order to provide RP to the city. 

RP Wise, its a criminal activity, which I definitely think would be a great addition towards the active criminal factions throughout the city that are truly RPing being a criminal, not grinding that $$ =). 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This idea can include two locations, One location is the scrap yard in the city and the other location is the scrap yard near sandy.
The idea of a scrap yard can include the process of having lock picks on you and when you see a marked vehicle driving around or parked, like the gang vehicles now. If you have lock picks and see a gang vehicle you could go up and lock pick it and steal it. If the car is dropped off at one of the scrap yards then you can get some cash for it. This is illegal so stay hidden and follow the road laws because if a cop pulls you over in a stolen vehicle then you are in some big trouble.

Location #1:

Picture on the ground - https://imgur.com/a/fnvlLG1

Picture of the Map - https://imgur.com/a/Vk5DNJt

Location #2:

Picture on the ground - https://imgur.com/a/0K6iabz

Picture of the map - https://imgur.com/a/eEzfRCC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

https://forum.fivem.net/t/release-esx-lenzh-chopshop/458261 Bringing this back, I found this really cool thing that would need tweaking and re-balancing but honestly it looks really good! With the obvious lockpick a car and start driving we could potentially have a system were lockpicks actually act like a drug system were 6 times out of 10 it will call the cops alerting them of a Stolen Vehicle on whatever street (giving car model name and colour if possible) this would give cops the chance and balance it out for both factions. Obviously the prices would be up to the Dev's and everything else can be done with feedback from the community.

• Like 3