Abandon local properties

hyperassdude

I've been looking for a in game property that I could use as a hub for my business.

I have found a bunch of locations that are perfect. Unfortunately no one seems to respect the effort I've made to find and the time my char Philly has spent taking to locals trying to rp the rental of the said vacant spaces.

Cops threaten trespassing arrests. Other players say it's not my property and they don't have to leave. Normally I wouldn't care, i would just continue doing my thing and ice anyone who trespasses. Since there is no option to legitimize me being in the area other than role play. This will lead to my arrest.

Can we please figure out a way to rent properties that are already in the game. There are so many that would lead to unique role play scenarios and player investment in the server.

Also would be quite simple to implement. I  have no game design back round but understand the hurtles you DEVs go through. A simple sticky forum thread with properties listings and a ingame realtor would be a great start. There are easy a hundred already available locations that would be great for this, the thread would give the police the ability to govern and the money given to the realtor could be used to stimulate the in-game economy, through events like boxing matches or car shows. Down the line mabey an option to spawn vehicles there, to store clothing models or goods. Some players have money with nothing to spend it on. This would give them something to work towards. 

There are youtube videos with all locations listed, you would be suprised how many there are.

My two cents.

I personally don't mind people claiming NPC houses as their own, but having a forum thread dedicated to this I can only foresee some obvious problems:

• People claiming the same houses due to lack of research.
  • Lots of verifying for the police (and CIVs) to check whether or not the player is speaking the truth.
  • People who leave the server (unannounced) still having claimed a property.
  • People only claiming houses such as Franklins and Micheals.

I "own" a house in Sandy shores, though I never once have had to ask someone to leave. Most NPC houses are not visited by players (so only the people you bring there know it's yours). If you claim Micheals house for your business then you can expect people to mess with you and not listening when you say they are "trespassing"

While I do like the idea of setting houses and businesses in a more permanent manner I think it should be in a more controlled manner. So when the business update hit, make it so people can claim houses or places for their business but they would have to meet certain requirements. Like.... At least 5 employees, business plan and idk a freaking logo.

as for player housing, I don't think it really needs to be formalised (as of now).

my two cents.

• Like 2

Yea I agree a residencie shouldn't need to be claimed. While on my search for Seco PMC head quarters I ran into many problems. Attempted robberies at a store front by people not wanting to leave "private" property, so deciding to just rob a PMC being the obvious solution.

Police threating to Arrest me and my associates for  trespassing during a unfortunate accident with the edge of a building.  I have a good and unique business model, And want to make it as legit as possible. I think people would benifit from this in general knowing that the services provided would be by a group that put in the work and have the funds for the building there operating from. I think showing your business model and informing the government of your employees names and job title would be a interesting and useful addition to the idea.

5 hours ago, Muroko said:

dibs on Fort Zancudo (aka military base)

@Muroko I thought you would call dibs on something closer to a liquor store....

Anyway @XZiggsX made quite some good points. Also I think there is somewhere in the forums a post about businesses. And some locations can be quite popular so many will like to claim them or even share them. I think it's a cool idea since most seem to live and work  at legion square. Sure properties and other dynamics will be neat so players spread more and then small cluster of RP happen all over the map.

Edited by Tomas García
adding tag for Anton
  • Like 1

The biggest thing is to make business more legit. Having a actual government oriented location, will make players more comfortable spending there hard earned funds there.

I'm happy my idea has some interest, Thanks for the input. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=643s&v=oNNKClZdWN4

A bunch of locations that you can access without exploits.

@SneakyAzShiite what if we have a real estate agency, run by people as a business. where players come and state what properties they want to buy (not apartments, whatever house/building they want to claim) then that person owning the business pretty much tells the staff which houses are being sold, where they can add a garage manually? These properties could have affordable prices, since they wouldn't all have interiors, or all the benefits of owning an apartment.
I know its a lot of work for the staff... but if you have someone coordinating that in-game, maybe it makes it a bit easier for you?

Buyers would have their address changed to whatever location they are buying, so no more trespassing issues.

Related to the thread @hyperassdude started here. I have seen a lot of other players claiming properties for RP purposes, including me and tommy.

Regarding the cleaning, i dont know anything about scripting so this might be stupid or impossible, but what if instead of buying, you rent, and once you have set the garage there, they can have a menu to pay and renew the rent every week? once they dont pay, that becomes available for the next player.

If this makes it hard to connect the address to every player ID... maybe when you rent you dont have a physical address in your ID. but at the property, the menu would maybe say that so and so owns it.

1 hour ago, SneakyAzShiite said:

@Flori still run into the issue of how to clean them up when a person is inactive. Serpico and I did have a discussion a little bit back about different opportunities relating to housing/properties. What is the main purpose of a house that you cannot enter? Just to have a physical address?

Inactivity scanner, once the owner is inactive for 12-30 days, it gets removed.

10 hours ago, Tomas García said:

On this topic, I would add that would be neat if it doesn't add many color circles in world (like the ones at garages or jobs). Sure some indication on world could help, but I rather text on the screen, than visual things all over the city. But that's just my opinion.

We arent in a rush to fill the map with a bunch of circles and colors everywhere you go.

I dont mind the people RP that its theirs but if said property came up for sale/rent and someone other that the person claiming it puts up fuss about it since they were beat out of buying it or couldn't afford it. There was some discussion about this in OOC it should be a first come first serve basis I understand a real estate agent but if the person didnt put a down payment to hold it or said ill buy it but cant for 3 days a whole lot of IF's can get people mad really quick 

Edited by Thorgs