Physical ID card

Merr Khan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So while in theory this idea is sound and makes sense from a realism stand point I think there has to be a level of abuse that would need to be looked into.  What's keeping me from preying on new players, or people I don't like by robbing them for their ID only to troll them by giving them false criminal records? I can steal a new players ID get pulled over in a "rental" car for a small crime show the officer this stolen ID of some innocent player so that cop correlates the name with my face. Then I go and commit a real crime such as an armed robbery, kidnapping, or even murder make sure the cops see me do it then get away.  The cop recognizes me and puts out a felony record for Joe Blow that had nothing to do with the actual crime because earlier he ID'd me at a traffic stop. Since theirs no picture records, only names, now this guy is totally fucked once the 1 cop that correlated the face to the ID goes off duty and the record is still standing.  Even finger prints aren't going to stop these kinds of things from happening.

Edited by r3v0Lt55
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, r3v0Lt55 said:

So while in theory this idea is sound and makes sense from a realism stand point I think there has to be a level of abuse that would need to be looked into.  What's keeping me from preying on new players, or people I don't like by robbing them for their ID only to troll them by giving them false criminal records? I can steal a new players ID get pulled over in a "rental" car for a small crime show the officer this stolen ID of some innocent player so that cop correlates the name with my face. Then I go and commit a real crime such as an armed robbery, kidnapping, or even murder make sure the cops see me do it then get away.  The cop recognizes me and puts out a felony record for Joe Blow that had nothing to do with the actual crime because earlier he ID'd me at a traffic stop. Since theirs no picture records, only names, now this guy is totally fucked once the 1 cop that correlated the face to the ID goes off duty and the record is still standing.  Even finger prints aren't going to stop these kinds of things from happening.

Doesn't this happen IRL, not really with the crimes you are saying; more along the lines of opening up lines of credit in their names. but more or less the same thing. 
but also with what you said, it could open up more RP for civs and Cops, you get robbed and they take your ID, you call the cops and report it. 

On 10/7/2019 at 11:50 AM, r3v0Lt55 said:

What's keeping me from preying on new players, or people I don't like by robbing them for their ID only to troll them by giving them false criminal records?

rule #1 - Don't be a dick 

If you have Hr's of video footage showing that the person wronged you, and that this was an elaborate way to exact revenge with a long con type of style, then fine.

but with out the character development, and story telling, taking people's ID's to simply "be a dick" that is just lame and should get you banned as fast as..... 

Edited by Merr Khan
  • Like 1

On 9/11/2019 at 7:29 PM, keebler_mfn_elf said:

I 1 up this and would like to see fake IDs also

instead of getting it from the court house or DMV, you would get them from the black market for a medium fee

Possibly add fake tags for cars as well sold at a decent price from black market, this could add some RP for police they would have to go more based off vehicles description and player description instead of being able to identify a player by the car and place a warrant even if the criminal escapes. And would have police do stops on vehicles suspected of the crime. Possibly add a feature to not allow vehicles used in crime to be stored or customized for X amount of time forcing them to either abandon or keep using the vehicle. (Police can remove fake tags after chases to identify the owner if found abandoned or caught and using fake I’d)