Insurance

Serena

Car Insurance:

• 1-time purchase per owned vehicle (re-purchase if car is sold then re-bought)
  • Transferring vehicle ownership to another player does not transfer insurance coverage (new owner must purchase insurance)
  • Insurance is not mandatory, but if a cop pulls over player that does not have insurance, the vehicle could be sent to impound
  • Like 3

Just now, Richie said:

Would there be any type of benefit to buying the insurance rather then just adding extra cost to vehicles?

Well it's a realistic thing that we'd have, but perhaps it could help with repairs if you take it to a repair shop, it would be accounted for by the mechanic?

Perhaps part of the fee is paid for by "govt." instead of straight out of pocket for player.

11 hours ago, Serena said:

Well it's a realistic thing that we'd have, but perhaps it could help with repairs if you take it to a repair shop, it would be accounted for by the mechanic?

This is a pretty good idea, perhaps it could act "like" a balance for repairs and and needs to be re-bought after a major crash/write-off?

• Like 1

I dont mind the Idea of insurance, but having to pay 10K per storm, not really, I already sold all my cars that cost more then 1K storage fee, mainly because the scuffage is to common now days. not to mention you pay a high fee to get your car out and you then have to go and fuel it up because it has 20 fuel in it.

If there was a system that would have it help with repairs it would be nice, but it would not help with the current system, most people only work off Tips(LAME CRAP). I have heard that Mechanic shops are getting reworked for over 7 months now and the only thing I have seen as far as a rework is a crap ton of cameras added at 2/6. There should be a system that makes the mechanic charge a customer from their bank for them to repair, just like when a cop fines you, if you refuse the mechanic can not repair the car.

Also in the lines of recovery/Impounded cars, if insurance would cover part of the fee, that would be cool as some have said with cars that are scuffed or vanished due to server issues it would be a lot better. This could also work with Tow truck fees if you needed them to recover you car.

In all a 1 time fee for insurance for say 10% of the cars sale value I feel would be a fair price.

7 hours ago, keebler_mfn_elf said:

If there was a system that would have it help with repairs it would be nice, but it would not help with the current system, most people only work off Tips(LAME CRAP). I have heard that Mechanic shops are getting reworked for over 7 months now and the only thing I have seen as far as a rework is a crap ton of cameras added at 2/6. There should be a system that makes the mechanic charge a customer from their bank for them to repair, just like when a cop fines you, if you refuse the mechanic can not repair the car.

I think the reason why the whole "tip" economy for mechanic shops took off is because it became an introduction to Badlands for a lot of people including myself. Its a great way to meet new people and make connections; the downside is people begin to expect tips rather than charge based on required repairs. Having a way which could enforce a more realistic RP of mechanic work like insurance could do would be a big +! Its always irritating when people get a repairs then drive off without paying or even saying a word.

7 hours ago, keebler_mfn_elf said:

In all a 1 time fee for insurance for say 10% of the cars sale value I feel would be a fair price.

I like the idea of insurance being a % of a cars sale value, it would mean people would take care of their vehicles more and drive a bit more realistically; although there should probably be a cap as super cars having an insurance of 100k+ (from current economy price) seems a bit extreme. Perhaps if insurance was either a reoccurring payment you had to make or a balance type system rather than a single payment? That way there it would still encourage risque driving while not being too off putting and driving like a grandma everywhere while also providing more options for a mechanic rework?

On 9/5/2019 at 6:19 PM, Serena said:

• Insurance is not mandatory, but if a cop pulls over player that does not have insurance, the vehicle could be sent to impound

If insurance is Not Mandatory, How can the Cops Enforce something that is optional? I can understand if you dont have insurance and they are witnessed getting into an accident or hitting someone. But Forcing someone to buy insurance so they dont get their car impounded is a bit extreme. Some peoples cars would cost more than 10k to get out of Impound. To me, just seems like a Money grab for the City and/or Insurance Company.

I am not saying it should be $10k, that number has been brought up randomly, I don't know what number would be fair. Perhaps a % of how much the car cost, so it's related and according to the value of the vehicle rather than a set number.

If you drive without insurance in real life you could get in trouble for it/have repercussions, doesn't mean you have to have it. It's figuring out how we want to have this interact with the server. I think it's a step in the direction of more realism, from interacting with cops who ask for it, to getting into the accidents with other players where you may want to roleplay "exchanging insurance", which could be totally doable if we figured out how to make this work.

It may be a small thing, but cops deal with people all day every day where this would be a vital part of the realistic roleplay.

• Like 1

I like the idea of having insurance. In character I've attempted to initiate interactions with players while on EMS duty by advertising insurance at the hospital. I think it'd be interesting to have insurance all around. We could have a monthly fine/bill to pay, nothing crazy, maybe something like 10k? Of course the "monthly" thing would be based on our time as it is. Maybe once a month, every month, on the first? You could be fined for failing to pay it! 

6 hours ago, Quentin Noble said:

I like the idea of having insurance. In character I've attempted to initiate interactions with players while on EMS duty by advertising insurance at the hospital. I think it'd be interesting to have insurance all around. We could have a monthly fine/bill to pay, nothing crazy, maybe something like 10k? Of course the "monthly" thing would be based on our time as it is. Maybe once a month, every month, on the first? You could be fined for failing to pay it! 

Are we talking about charging people money just for the purpose of charging them money for something? I’m not opposed to “insurance” but I think there needs to be some sort of benefit to it rather then just “people pay for it irl so they should be charged IG for it aswell”.

Vehicular insurance and like a life/health insurance might be a thing, i like the concept of it. Could spare out some money for those who get an error and need to go to the recovery again and again. But i honeslty dont know what kind of price it should be. It must be affordable with a legal job. And with jobs like mechanic, sometimes you live on your wellfare cheque... so yeah

• 2 weeks later...

I am down for both, Maybe health insurance means you get better care, and maybe they don't lose all of things from your pockets, or you don't lose your work at the gym,etc

And for the auto like stated before it pays the mechanic X amount based on the car's value and you could tip/pay on top of that, It could also reduce the impound fee's and maybe negate the recovery fee a certain number of times per storm etc, I think putting a limit on it per storm would make it more realistic as if you make to many claims IRL it either raises the price or they potentially drop you for being a high risk client