Gang Rules

Sharquisha

I've been informed that Gangs must wear practically the same outfits to rep as a gang. This should be removed.

Additionally Gangs are not allowed allies, which is not realistic. I think we should be allowed allies that can back us up in fights.

Reasons against it: 

• No diversity in outfits
  • No ability to difference ranking of gang members

Counter reasons for it:

• Players should understand that if they mess with someone wearing a gang color in gang territory may be shot. The reason this exists is to allow players to know that they are messing with a gang. 
Edited by Sharquisha

42 minutes ago, Sharquisha said:

I've been informed that Gangs must wear practically the same outfits to rep as a gang. This should be removed.

I believe there is a misconception of how you view the term "gang" and how Badlands defines it.

"Gangs" in general are defined as an organized group of criminals.

Our definition is: 

Any organized group of players that engage in hostile RP together is considered to be a gang.

To understand this definition, you need to understand how hostile RP works, and that there are certain parameters that need to be established before partaking in it, such as initiating hostile RP.

Initiating hostile roleplay on, or being initiated on by any active member of a gang constitutes initiation with all other active members in the immediate area.

In order to initiate:

• You must verbally state clear and reasonable demands to an intended target, and give a reasonable amount of time for the target to respond. If a player complies then you must provide a valid reason within RP to use force against them.
  • Hostile roleplay is valid for 3 minutes from the point of initiation.

This changes when it comes to gangs, because we don't expect that every single person in a 4-person group will make a demand of their intended target, and rather will have 1 person that can speak on the behalf of everyone else in their group. However, that means we need to understand and establish who is within that group, which means there needs to be identifiers that can be quickly understood in a fight.

I hope you can see how unfair and toxic it can become to allow an unlimited number of people assist and ally with other gangs, making that 4 become 8, then 12, and so on. The key wording is:  

Gangs may not ally with other players, gangs, or security groups to increase their effective size.

This means perhaps 2 gangs ally, but the only have 2 people from each group come together and find a middle ground uniform to wear that matches appropriately.

I don't foresee our allying rules changing. I do believe our gang attire rules have become more lenient, as people do not need to be matching, however, there's no harm in doing so. 

Lastly, Badlands has already stated that we will never cater to gunplay over roleplay, which often gets lost when it comes to gang hostility. A lot of our rules have been set in place due to players not knowing where to draw the lines, so we made it very definitive.

• Like 7

I hate to say this but when i gang gets ran up on by 8 people in another gang that isn't following rules at all with no way to prove they did it even tho they did we should still have the ability to call in another rival gang to that gang to help out! and realistically speaking a gang is a group of organized criminals yes but they also don't all were the same clothes as long as there wearing that gangs colors doesn't matter and shouldn't matter obviously if your in a gang area and you see people wearing that color chances are there in that areas gang

51 minutes ago, nxrblaster said:

WTF is a replay buffer not everyone streams or records there game let alone has time to do that when there's 8 people and no ems id rather fight and win then die bc 8 people role up its common sense

There are tools specifically designed for those who can't record everything. It keeps a buffer of what you are playing, and you can clip out the last 2-3-x minutes if something happens, then just upload it to youtube for the report. 

I can’t be bothered to quote it but the whole dressing thing you stated and differentiating ranking. You can easily differ that you just have to be a little be creative. For instance my family aka the Ozbourne Family is known for our bright red hair, so due to that we mainly rep the color when doing any crime so we are identified as a group and if the cops know us they know it was an Ozbourne. However never do we wear the exact same thing we just stick to a theme. 

As for differentiating for ranking that can easily be achieved as well. So pick out an outfit and change certain things about it. For ex a lower rank wears a trench coat and a higher up wears a nice button up vest that means business. Just get creative is the moral of my ramble