Towing abandoned cars

Hello, 

I have seen multiple cars being abandoned by players all around the map for long times, and since the towtruckers pay is hidious for towing a vehicle in combination with the amount of towing jobs (due to a lot of cops just let them be impounded by the state) i came up with the following idea; Players who leave the city (intentional or not) will have their cars automaticly marked for towing if they are not returning within 5 or 10 minutes in to the city. Within this time limit (maybe 10 minutes) people who DC due to an error or something like that, will have a chance to get back into the city and drive their cars where they left off. I have been in certain scenario's where i was somewere outside of LS and got an error, and when i came back my car has disappeared (impounded by state due to no activity in the surrounding area). Also this will give the towtruckers some extra towing jobs and thus more diversity in their job rather then 1 or 2 towjobs every hour. 

Maybe an adition to the towtruck jobs: Cars that are marked for towing by LSPD are accecable and movable (within a certain range of the towtruck) by towtruckers to line them up. There have been several ocasions that LSPD did mark a car for towing and that i could not line up my truck due to the size of the truck or manouverability. 

Let me know what you think of this! 

Edited by VDM0598

For the most part police try to call a tow truck for impound, unless otherwise not possible. I think the idea of the time limit isn't bad; definitely for sure way to prevent abuse. I also think that the "aliens" will also come grab a vehicle if you go offline for a certain amount of time. Sometimes I've dc'd, come back and car is just gone. Allot of the times it is people who leave their cars in spots but are still online at the time. I think the issue is more on the development side, as when you leave' it removes memory for that area - making the server unaware of certain locations.

Edited by rizz

On 9/9/2019 at 6:33 PM, VDM0598 said:

Maybe even unlock and able to start the engine on cars from people who dc or are send to prison, only available for towtruck job and government peeps. This will prevent that cars are untowable for the most part. 

Just make the towing job whitelisted and then make it so that they can tow a car if it is abounded.