2.0 Etiquette

Serena

11 minutes ago, VDM0598 said:

Mechanics and how they will "quick fix" everything without a propper look on the car, and the tips are ridicules,  and people who use the mechanic service and complaining why their car isnt fix within 10 secconds. Its no rp at all just small talk.

I've been here since the mechanic shops were added and came to the conclusion that its because a lot of people who do the mechanic job really don't know all that much about cars. Sometimes if i see someone actually trying i will help them by telling whats wrong with it and how i would fix it. But i do agree, i would like to see more rp when it comes to mechanics.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VDM0598 said:

Mechanics and how they will "quick fix" everything without a propper look on the car, and the tips are ridicules,  and people who use the mechanic service and complaining why their car isnt fix within 10 secconds. Its no rp at all just small talk.

Theres some mechanics that will actually diagnose the vehicle which i love to see, even if it doesnt make sense (maybe they arent into cars that much) its still s o m e t h i n g

YAS to all of these subjects. I have a few of my own but naturally most of them seem to drift towards interactions with Police.

- Allowing a conversation to develop before immediately snapping to aggressive, hostile mannerisms towards the police. Let yourself develop a reputation or some form of story-line with the cops before defaulting to the age old 'Fuck the pigs.' Where we are ready to deal with some hostilities naturally, there seems to be a significant portion of the population who just make life hell for people RPing as cops for little to no reason.. Sadly some are PD members themselves. I'd love to have some meaningful story-lines with some of the criminals/criminal factions within the city but we all need to have the patience to allow that to happen instead of resorting to senseless hostility and violence right from the start.
- OVERKILL - Not emptying a clip into someone to ensure they are incapacitated. I have been shot once or twice and tried to RP the injury by spluttering and limping etc but the other party just lays into me to 'down' me. I'd love to see some form of 'deterioration' with injury mechanics. Bleeding out, dizzy spells, loss of vision etc. To promote prolonging the RP encounter instead of just 'downing' someone and 'winning'.
- Like Serena said with the mixing IC and OOC, I'd like to see people embrace new characters that other people quite often take a lot of time and care in crafting and bringing into the city for entertainment. There is very much an 'Us and Them' mentality that quite often leads to newer characters being shunned or abused for no good reason. Some of these characters may be controversial or 'annoying' to other people but they are characters none the less and RPing as something that is naturally going to attract negativity can be very draining when faced with mindless and over the top aggression or abuse. Adding to this point also, I believe that a fair few people seem to take aggression/animosity that they feel towards one of a persons characters and apply it to another completely different character. And this is incredibly unfair and unreasonable.

I spend time in the cities that Badlands provides to roleplay a multitude of different characters, some serious, some silly, some old and some from out of this world but at the end of the day I'm here for fun, I'm here to hopefully provide some entertainment and laughter to the community of Badlands and hope that you are all here for that reason somewhere deep down also.

• Like 8

My points: (Its gonna be ranty ngl)

-While i understand the dislike for referencing "in head" i do feel we need some form of code word/activity for AFK in city. Like a /emote afk where your character just ragdolls and makes snoring noises or something. This way if police find someone asleep, When people "come to" They can be fined with sleeping in a public space or something. Aswell as it helps people trying to RP understand "oh they aren't here". And before someone goes just leave city, Sometimes you just need to go put water in a bowl for a cat/dog real quick, Not enough of a reason to go to a garage, take a flight out, spend the 3 mins filling it, fly back in, pay the money for a vehicle and go back to what your doing. But then its like you need to inform people around you that you are not there somehow because if something happens or they got questions, you just look like a mute ***.

-Disallow abuse of mechanics. Example: Tackle hand cuffing someone who has you gun point x2 = punishment for abusing gameplay mechanics. Abusing mechanics doesn't actually go punished here, So your free to rapid repair your car in mechanic shops mid chase or if you evade the cops for a second and get there. Your free to do it until your caught. I feel this should be changed.

-Powergaming entrance teleports to kidnap, taze, neutralize, or evade people. This one makes me so angryyyy. Chasing someone through these is so cheap. You take someone to them, You go inside and pull a gun and clap the person following you before they can even see what they are loading into.

-Police still being able to radio/handcuff/tackle in when having an item disablement kit used on them. It makes no sense to me honestly. I just took your radio, gps tracker, weapons, phone etc but you still have it and use it... Whats the point of investing in this kit if it only works partially?

-VLR. I would REALLY like to see some VLR around here. Not saying like responding to threats with "Do you realize who the hell your threatening?" isn't caring but more of a no balls statement to them, But like people going "Just shoot me and get it over with" are like... Seriously? Your REALLY just not giving a damn at this point huh?

-NLR, New Life Rule, Currently only stands for no hostile activities between either involved parties for 15 minutes. Meaning you remember who just clapped you. I dislike this honestly and i feel it should be changed to 15 minutes of no hostile activity to either party aswell as you forget the past 15(Or so) minutes depending on the situation.

Hostile situation = major memory loss, no idea who did it/who you were with, Just little bits n pieces of information like you got shot at some building or in some building.

Fell down a cliff = minor memory loss, i got this major sensation from falling in the air for a bit and then when i felt the rock hit me, its just blank, i can't remember my fall but i know it happened.

You shouldn't word for word know what happened to you during your injury. Ngl, My first fight back in 5th grade, i remember fighting, I threw a bike at him(Perks of being the tallest in class), Blacked out and then when i came too we were both surrounded by police being restrained. To this day i have no idea how that tire bent half way in that fight but it did its job, i think.

Last but not least tho, I do sometimes @Serena find it difficult to RP what happened to my character as there has been times where so much just happened in the past 5 seconds i dont know where i got shot or if it was a pistol whip that got me or what. So its just a shot in the dark sometimes based on the blood on my clothing. Like earlier today i got shot at and pistol whipped at the same time, So i don't really know which got me but i was able to get up right away so i guess it was the latter? It was just a mess ngl. It would be very helpful if there was some indicator on what was wrong that one could base how to react to a situation off of like "You are bleeding out" etc.

40 minutes ago, VDM0598 said:

Sometimes i see that people are using the ID HUD into their advantage, a few days ago i was hiding in the bushes after a few failed drugsales, and i see a cop driving straight saying that he saw me going there and it was suspicious (while i was there 1.5 minutes before he even showed up).

This is changing in 2.0 to be turned off and has to be toggled on, but likely will notify people that you've done so. 

40 minutes ago, BertJohn said:

-While i understand the dislike for referencing "in head" i do feel we need some form of code word/activity for AFK in city.

I don't want to advocate for something we enforce like this. I think it just would take the community some training on how we want to reference to it instead. I personally like what some have said of, "Daydreaming". To be honest though, my point of referencing "in head" is not the comment of "in head", it's the explanation that comes afterwards. It's totally out of character.

42 minutes ago, BertJohn said:

-Powergaming entrance teleports to kidnap, taze, neutralize, or evade people. This one makes me so angryyyy. Chasing someone through these is so cheap. You take someone to them, You go inside and pull a gun and clap the person following you before they can even see what they are loading into.

This should be reported, it is disruptive behavior.

42 minutes ago, BertJohn said:

-Police still being able to radio/handcuff/tackle in when having an item disablement kit used on them. It makes no sense to me honestly. I just took your radio, gps tracker, weapons, phone etc but you still have it and use it... Whats the point of investing in this kit if it only works partially?

The disablement kit removes all those, the only "mechanic" available is discord, and they have strict SOP's to follow when this happens that means they cannot utilize their radio. However, I feel that this point is very offtopic to the intention behind my OP.

43 minutes ago, BertJohn said:

-NLR, New Life Rule, Currently only stands for no hostile activities between either involved parties for 15 minutes. Meaning you remember who just clapped you. I dislike this honestly and i feel it should be changed to 15 minutes of no hostile activity to either party aswell as you forget the past 15(Or so) minutes depending on the situation.

This is very offtopic from the thread OP. We are talking about quality changes in how people behave, not about issues you have with the rules in place. They are in place for a reason and have had multiple discussions about why we've taken this route. 

It is your prerogative if you want to follow the memory aspect of it or not, however, don't complain when others remember something you don't.

Let's keep things on topic though, please.

IC vocabulary; Instead of saying "Having head issues, need to Re-Fly" be creative!

Need to re-log? say,

On duty - Ive got a really bad headache, 'ma take a Tylenol n go on break
or
Bob's shit faced and needs a ride home, be back soon

AFK?

I need to piss, pull over (cop emote in bush)
or
My old mans calling, hold on (call fake number, walk away and say "whats up pops")

Edited by Oscar Wilde
  • Like 4

I’m not sure how this hasn’t been stated yet...

Can we get a realistic sense of driving? I myself as a cop will not do unrealistic driving maneuvers to keep up with somebody. There’s nothing worse than being in pursuit and someone takes a jump @150mph flips 3 times then continues driving. 

On the other side of chases when I run from cops I try to refrain from unrealistic driving. So taking a car off-road if it’s not meant for it (ex: SultanRS on a dirt road) when you do that you typically drive a little bit slower to not lose traction or damage your vehicle. The most notorious jump people take is the Upper Power Street jump which lands onto Elgin. All of this needs to be taken into account with IRL. You do that jump you’re not gonna be moving, no street car has shocks meant for that, it’ll hurt ALOT and kill TF out of your car

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ozzie Ozbourne said:

I’m not sure how this hasn’t been stated yet...

Can we get a realistic sense of driving? I myself as a cop will not do unrealistic driving maneuvers to keep up with somebody. There’s nothing worse than being in pursuit and someone takes a jump @150mph flips 3 times then continues driving. 

On the other side of chases when I run from cops I try to refrain from unrealistic driving. So taking a car off-road if it’s not meant for it (ex: SultanRS on a dirt road) when you do that you typically drive a little bit slower to not lose traction or damage your vehicle. The most notorious jump people take is the Upper Power Street jump which lands onto Elgin. All of this needs to be taken into account with IRL. You do that jump you’re not gonna be moving, no street car has shocks meant for that, it’ll hurt ALOT and kill TF out of your car

This is less on the player and more on the devs to implement, imo. Last-minute decisions are made in pursuits like you're talking about, sometimes choices are made that are less than realistic, but the thing stopping these players should be the knowledge that their car will break if they do xyz, not that it's unrealistic. 

Edited by Serena

4 hours ago, Serena said:

This is less on the player and more on the devs to implement, imo. Last-minute decisions are made in pursuits like you're talking about, sometimes choices are made that are less than realistic, but the thing stopping these players should be the knowledge that their car will break if they do xyz, not that it's unrealistic. 

But that level of RP can enforced through proper punishment or repercussions. The server I came from had a very strict set of rules on the driving and what was expected. It was honestly kinda nice most people hated it however because they all just want to ramp @150mph. I’m not saying anything crazy should be done but maybe either driving unrealistically results in a heftier charge when criminally caught? Or maybe even a staff sit down, 2.0 is to aim for the increase in RP and nothing breaks immersion more than this.

I believe this is more on the players than anybody else, devs can’t fully code everything we expect ya know? They make the cars too weak and the next stop sign you hit disables your car, make it too strong and you get the Toros pre-nerf. The player base should be held to this standard especially in a whitelist. But this is simply MY OPINION (plz don’t hate me ppl)

28 minutes ago, Ozzie Ozbourne said:

But that level of RP can enforced through proper punishment or repercussions. The server I came from had a very strict set of rules on the driving and what was expected. It was honestly kinda nice most people hated it however because they all just want to ramp @150mph. I’m not saying anything crazy should be done but maybe either driving unrealistically results in a heftier charge when criminally caught? Or maybe even a staff sit down, 2.0 is to aim for the increase in RP and nothing breaks immersion more than this.

I believe this is more on the players than anybody else, devs can’t fully code everything we expect ya know? They make the cars too weak and the next stop sign you hit disables your car, make it too strong and you get the Toros pre-nerf. The player base should be held to this standard especially in a whitelist. But this is simply MY OPINION (plz don’t hate me ppl)

You're setting up an environment where people will scrutinize what is a rule break and isn't. It's also putting pressure on admins to make a judgment call about something that could easily be just configured on the development end. It is overcomplicating a system and mindset that could much easier be changed mechanically. A car offroading may not drive as well, and the devs can make that happen just as we have for motorcycles.

1 hour ago, Serena said:

You're setting up an environment where people will scrutinize what is a rule break and isn't. It's also putting pressure on admins to make a judgment call about something that could easily be just configured on the development end. It is overcomplicating a system and mindset that could much easier be changed mechanically. A car offroading may not drive as well, and the devs can make that happen just as we have for motorcycles.

That's valid but as for the stupidity in jumps and stuff, I am not sure the devs have a way to combat this without it affecting driving in other ways? That's the biggest thing IMO the offroading doesn't matter as much because people will try anything to get away IRL just wouldn't handle as well, however you'd be deterred from crazy jumps and stuff. I do see how this is something extra for staff which is why I also suggested it being enforced harder by PD but I guess that belongs in PD forums

32 minutes ago, Serena said:

Crazy jumps that would realistically "kill" a player that doesn't, those are actionable.

Yup, or just front end crashes above a certain speed like 110+ will increase your loss of health, and if you are bashing in to something with 140+ you will be downed even when you have your seatbelt on. even on those speeds it isn't even realistic because if you do 75 and you are crashing in to something, you should be glad to be alive at all.

35 minutes ago, Serena said:

The offroading, hitting some blockades and damaging a vehicle should be on devs to fix.

Samething, if you hit a barricade on the highway at 140, most cars should be totalled or even on fire because every fluid in the car is leaking as fuck. and with the metal getting hot as it wil crush the molecules that create certain metals. 

But thats something maybe for the suggestions in stead of here because it is a development thingy. 

I would like to see more human like qualities brought into characters.

For example - You can have a character that can drive like a NASCAR driver, but shoots like a granny, Or a character that only walks, and does not own a car. Or if you only drink red-gull and smoke butts, you cough while running and can only go a short distance. 

I don't think this needs to be coded, but maybe a set of perks where you can choose one when you make a character, and it gives a bonus in that skill? 

You can choose to be a good shooter and it makes you more steady, re-load faster, but your driving is shit, you go in reverse when you press W some times, grind gears, and you flood the engine trying to start it. 
Or on the flip side you choose good driver, ok car acts better, but you load the wrong ammo and your gun jams. 
You can choose to be a fast & short distance sprinter or a med speed & long distance marathon runner. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UnknownRNGS said:

Not sure if this fits here but i would love to see off duty cops act as if their off duty cops. Not running with gangs or dealing drugs on the side because it doesnt really make sense

All of that is changing in 2.0. Cop characters found doing illegal shit off duty could get fired from their job. Basically, you need to make in character choices that are relative to the character's life.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Serena said:

All of that is changing in 2.0. Cop characters found doing illegal shit off duty could get fired from their job. Basically, you need to make in character choices that are relative to the character's life.

this is really interesting point the only issue i've seen with this as the city stands right now and i don't know if this applies to every person but it happens to me is that people actively do not wanna RP with in my case (arron king) because hes a cop regardless of if his on duty or not because all they see is oh hes a cop even if arron king is being a civ thought they have every right to not enter an rp scene with me, but now for me at lest if i play as arron king all he can do is do cop work (granted i can do civ things like being a mechanic or any civ job but even then if im doing civ stuff and (not being a crim) people still dont wanna interact with someone they know is a cop off duty or on duty out of fear of they being snitched on or ratted out or ect how are we gonna change this mantallity (im mainly talking about people who ive arrested or met wile on duty that "know" me to the point i'm a cop but don't know my character if you know what i mean my question would be this 

how are we gonna change this mantallity?

how are we gonna propose RP with people who wanna play be a civ to enhance there characters story regardless of if there PD or not? 

just to go into a bit of detail for my side 

if im a civ as arron king its not like people don't talk/rp with me but even then crims don't even wanna talk about they activities like drug dealing or i'm gonna make X amount here at this area heck they wont even kidnap me out of fear that (i'm gonna be salty or angry) or out of fear im gonna rat them out ect plus a few (not all) people still have this "cop state" "cops get more addvange then if your not PD" mentality if your PD even if there off duty that if i talk to a cop that's on duty they seem to think that we take shortcuts or "bend" the rules or game the system to make sure the people doing said act of kidnapping e.g an off duty cop for e.g to make sure they get arrested 

i would personally love being kidnapped for being a cop (off duty or not) if a crim has an issue with arron king because i sent them to bolingbroke that gives people who like playing the "bad person" a real motive in an rp context to carry there story on or people trying to track me down because i arrested them a day ago for X Y and Z because that builds RP and that Builds a Story for in my case arron king i just do not like being avoided in every action because all they see is the cop person 

On 9/13/2019 at 10:52 PM, Oscar Wilde said:

IC vocabulary; Instead of saying "Having head issues, need to re-Fly" be creative!

Need to re-log? say,

On duty - Ive got a really bad headache, 'ma take a Tylenol n go on break
or
Bob's shit faced and needs a ride home, be back soon

AFK?

I need to piss, pull over (cop emote in bush)
or
My old mans calling, hold on (call fake number, walk away and say "whats up pops")

yes i think we need a universal action or and in game thing "codeword" like "i need to be in my head" "i need to take a flight back in" because that's helpful for me to understand what is going on without someone just instantly logging out and coming back (more important if your a cop because if someone leaves without saying anything 9/10 people think oh "combat log" and then deal with the next thing and leave the area only for that person to come back 10 15 mins later id personally like to be informed of an issue so i can stay on scene then wonder whats going on. than that way we can notify people if there's a in game tec issue thats stops ur interacting or controlling our avatars correctly because it can happen at the best of times i dont really wanna see people get told off or ect 

On 9/13/2019 at 8:40 PM, Serena said:

Behaving appropriately to the injury a player has. Someone being shot would not talk normally, if at all.

on this point i think it would be a good thing if they expand on the ems side of things and "gameplay" if lets say i get downed and im taken to pillbox or ect they can check my body for what injuries  i have lets say i have a "broken leg" that would Force my character to hobbel (force the player into a hurt animation) they could even test how bad the injury is from low to mid to high if its high it would lock your walk animation to 30 mins for e.g Depending on how bad the injury is (it dont make sense to me that someone who just got knocked out in a car crash can wake up and drive in the same car to pillbox or ect and check themselves out and boom there fixed in the span of a few mins if we are going for a "realistic" rp you shouldn't be able to get shoot get taken to the er and be "fixed" within 5-10 mins real time and have no consierquises (debatable on how long injuries last for and to what extent or limit actions like someone who got there leg broke cant jump for e.g) 

but i like all these points so far i hope you like my thoughts and opinions

9 hours ago, Serena said:

100% you will just never see a cop off duty, all cops will live eat sleep at station. Not healthy for RP. 

If speeding can get me fired i wont drive a car. 

As long as CIv's are held to the same standard, Your a law biding citizen, and you shoot a cop, fine your fired from being a civ and your a Prisoner for the rest of your live, or perma. fine i'm ok with that. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Merr Khan said:

100% you will just never see a cop off duty, all cops will live eat sleep at station. Not healthy for RP. 

If speeding can get me fired i wont drive a car. 

As long as CIv's are held to the same standard, Your a law biding citizen, and you shoot a cop, fine your fired from being a civ and your a Prisoner for the rest of your live, or perma. fine i'm ok with that. 

I think it would only apply to felonies and it would have to be reoeated felonies. You forget that officers are often above the law ;)