Potential FailRP rule definition add

Taking someone hostage is pretty stupid at MRPD, the main PD. I've just had a situation before to were a cop was taken hostage at MRPD in broad daylight... It just makes no sense to me and feel like it should be considered with FailRP, bare in mind the RP entails that MRPD is the main PD so there'd be a lot of cops around it, in 2.0 i'd like to see this somewhat implemented.

Edited by Reuben ~ Reckonity
  • Like 3

We're taking a slightly different approach to "failRP", largely because I literally can't stand the word. I also don't like players trying to dictate what does and does not constitute "failrp".

The rule in question:

Unrealistic Gameplay

• Players should not perform actions which would pose a significant threat to the player's life in situations where one would not realistically perform that action

I would say that taking a cop hostage in a police station would realistically be a very good way to get yourself shot.

• Like 6

Driving a million $ plus super car..... it should be on a flat bed truck at all times, and only taken off at car shows to rev eng.....

See how subjective fail RP is?  

I agree with Speed here, Fail RP is thrown out so much, and is such a toxic word.

When more often then not the player's don't have the same level of RP skill to recognize the RP in the first place.

A player not doing what you would do, is not fail RP. 
But doing something that No Body would do, or doing something that would 100% end in death and expecting or acting like it doesn't?

That's Unrealistic. 

And remember "Life" is not just breathing and standing..... It's your job, your transportation, your clothes & looks, your friends & Family, Your position in the community. 
Actions that would jeopardize any of these, With out valid character development and back story would be unrealistic. 

• Like 2

On 9/19/2019 at 8:11 PM, speed said:

We're taking a slightly different approach to "failRP", largely because I literally can't stand the word. I also don't like players trying to dictate what does and does not constitute "failrp".

The rule in question:

I would say that taking a cop hostage in a police station would realistically be a very good way to get yourself shot.

Somebody could easily argue this with "But 6 of us went in with our armor,drugs, and biggest guns to make it happen. You're telling me this isn't realistic?" I feel as though some things should used as an example to state it shouldn't happen?