Whitelisted NewsAnchor Position

DonJ0hn_

I have been role playing a news anchor a lot recently as Sonny Vaybich, I listen closely and go off of sirens and gun shots for leads and try to not stalk the cops. Any way we can see have a whitelisted position going into 2.0 at Weazel so the news anchor can have access to the police scanner. The reason for the whitelist would be to prevent the mechanic abuse of non Weazel reporters.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2019 at 6:03 AM, BertJohn said:

I feel it'd be more beneficial to just have access to the radio channel instead, Without being able to talk ofcourse but like some sort of radio scanner to just tune in to com's would be sufficient for a news anchor to keep ahead of things and ontop of it all.

I feel that could get confusing for the cops if they just hear people joining or leaving. Perhaps if reporters get notifications of certain crimes like robberies or raids (but only if there are Police online?)

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Andreas Spartan said:

I feel that could get confusing for the cops if they just hear people joining or leaving. Perhaps if reporters get notifications of certain crimes like robberies or raids (but only if there are Police online?)

Well im under the presumption that this idea would be in a 2.0 basis so i don't *think* you would hear people entering the radio channel with TokoVOIP? Im unsure of how it works honestly. But anyways i would presume you would be able to make it so you could tune into the channel without actually being able to speak in it.

But, What you said actually could work better if it only showed certain things like robberies.

On 10/3/2019 at 12:03 AM, BertJohn said:

I feel it'd be more beneficial to just have access to the radio channel instead, Without being able to talk ofcourse but like some sort of radio scanner to just tune in to com's would be sufficient for a news anchor to keep ahead of things and ontop of it all.

I like that idea, i didnt think about it like that. So it would be going into the future PD voip channel but staying muted at all times.  And yea this is an idea moving into 2.0 and for "Anchors" being whitelisted not just being any news person(boom mic/cam). I believe the responsibility should stay in the Anchors hands regarding the radio because some days ill be by myself or ill contract a crew, It depends on how the day is going. I really like the idea of just listening into the comms and figuring out the location myself instead of having a blip on my map telling me where the exact location of whatever incident is happening, it will make it more immersive.