Soo, as we all know, every time we get knocked down the voice box would be stuck on whisper. I get it when you’re hurt you tend sometimes to be like weak and could barley talk, but, when some people are hurt they might be screaming, and sometimes when EMS arrives and treat an individual but won’t be able to pick them up, doesn’t mean they are still weak and hurt, so there must be an option or more like a feature, either let downed individuals change the voice box, or when EMS arrives and operates on someone (only ems’ CPR) they can change voicebox. Also sometimes when you’re hurt you need to call for help by shouting but no one would hear you cuz you’re whisper. Soo please consider this, thank you very much :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, luna said:

we used to be able to change our voice range while down, personally i prefer the set to whisper as there used to be so much audio clutter from people just chatting to eachother while downed

True but that would be if there were others were around, I mean realistically you would want to hear the downed ones to save them and it just makes it hard for EMT’s to hear their patients when transporting because they’d be stuck on whisper 

16 hours ago, Ozzie Ozbourne said:

I agree to an extent, I fear allowing Yell and Normal voice settings will only bring more salt out from someone downed. It's unfair to have everyone else lower their range to not hear the salt. There is probably a better way to go about this idea and I would support it fully.

I mean for starters, the server is going to be whitelisted so you won’t see trolls and salty people yelling about how they’re downed on the floor. In real life you can’t stop someone from yelling from pain. If someone would be salty from being downed as in “not going with the scenario” and complains how he got downed without the immersion, then yes it would be disruptive behavior and is not tolerated in the server. That’s why I suggested it or when a EMT specifically performs CPR since it when EMT’s transport an individual to the hospital it would ruin the immersion not being able to hear the client in the back since they’d be stuck on whisper and ruins the immersion of transporting.

• Like 1

I agree with being able to change the settings to be able to use yell. For example the other day I was up near the coke house for no reason at all, only doing some mountain climbing and tripped and fell half way down the mountain and the police were in the coke house and one ran right past me on the road, I was calling him but he couldn't hear me, requested EMS and they didn't arrive. Then the cop drove off and I ded RIP

• Sad 1

I don't see it quite being i guess "in line" with everything if you could still yell after getting the wind knocked out of you, so to speak. Perhaps after someone has performed the necessary medical  attention(CPR) could you talk normally at best.

Also i don't see the "well since were going whitelist its gonna keep the trolls etc people out", It won't. Trolls people will still be here, Trolls will still appear. What the whitelist will do tho, Is it'l weed out randoms who see a roleplay server, join and expect DarkRP Levels of RP where its all action based and not RP Based.

With that said, Salt will still be here. Perhaps in greater quantities as there is quite a few people out there who have vendetta's and well if one is to encourage RP, You must encourage not only the good, the neutral, the memes, but also the bad. If someones character is hot headed, so be it. That's what they'l be like even in 2.0.

But that's just my 2 cent's on the matter. I don't see it as all that beneficial to RP over-all. Your on the ground, incapable of even getting on your feet by yourself, I don't see why you would be capable or should be capable to yell at the top of your lungs to converse with people. Especially in a heated scenario where you just got clapped, i don't see any benefit to people being able to now start raging at the person who just clapped them from a distance on the ground. And then you gotta consider the EMS/LSPD who have to deal with 4, 5, 6, 7, even 8 people all down all conversing while there trying to do there job. It'd be chaos imo.

Edited by BertJohn
  • Like 1

As EMS I don't want to see it reverted to the old system (all voice options used to be available while down back in the day). The whisper only in my opinion is way more beneficial than some people may realize because they simply have not experienced it the other way around. My main complaint about the old system was as EMS I would arrive to multiple calls involving 2 separate parties that had just been in a hostile scene together. Multiple people would be down for both parties and instead of RP'n their injuries it would be a giant salt fest where they turn their voices to yell then just fight with each other while EMS is trying to do their job. Making patients now go into a forced whisper state also forces the parties in these situations into a "cool down period" where they are no longer able to argue back and forth with the opposing side over how the situation played out. I would legit have to pick up patients and move them entire city blocks away to get them out of range of other players so they could cool off and get back to the medical RP.  From experience the forced whisper while down is better.  

All we need now is attachable muzzles for PD that they can attach to salty people to put them into a forced whisper state.

Edited by r3v0Lt55
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, r3v0Lt55 said:

All we need now is attachable muzzles for PD that they can attach to salty people to put them into a forced whisper state.

I can agree on everything you said that’s why I’d prefer that momentarily downed members wouldn’t be able to go out of whisper unless they are CPR’d by only members of the LSFD since some maybe salty to the LSPD. Or they’d be only to change from whisper to normal tops. Thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts!