Bank Jobs / Heist

Merr Khan

lets go for a two'fer. or is it a Three'fer? 

I want to run the bank, people want to work at a bank, players want to rob it, and most of all cops want SWAT gear, right?

So here we go,

This is something many people have had the chance to be a part of, but i would like it to be more of a permanent operation  

Phases of operation:

• The "Desk" - Where the big deals are made, Hiring employee's, Setting the security door code - https://imgur.com/a/83lXViy
  • HOLD THE DOOR - Both access doors need to be locked, This is the door to the 2nd floor balcony and the door to the cages. (employees can use both) - https://imgur.com/a/qHvqFdm - https://imgur.com/a/twOCF2x
  • Security door for vault stairs - I would like to be able to program a 2-3 digit code set from the Desk (info and secrets are priceless)- https://imgur.com/a/nGdADIm 
  • The Vault - Where $ can be deposited by the Banker - https://imgur.com/a/7fHLJxX
  • Money can be removed by banker & mangers, AND thieves, slow rate $5k per 10 sec, only after Banker "Opens the Vault" (Banker presses f1 to accept the robbery attempt, this is an RP skill check, can't be hacked or abused) this action trigger's cops to a bank robbery. (Any player can also call cops), 

Employee's:

Position - Clothing - Job description 

• Banker - Suit & Tie - To oversee operations and accounts, handle investments with wise investors, maintain employee pay
  • Manager - Suit Business casual-  To assist the banker in overseeing day to day operations, making sure cash draws are full by getting money from vault, set up investment opportunities.   
  • Teller - Business casual - Sit behind counter nicely in a chair, greet new customers to the bank, go over options (deposit - withdraw slip same as every bank, just a person to talk to while you do it), Hand out promotional deals, refer customers to manager for investments opportunities.
  • Security - Securo-Serve - Not what your thinking, No guns or violence here, we have insurance for that, this is for when a customer is feeling insecure about an investment opportunity or banking in general, your job is to wine and dine a potential investor..... That's the scam. (Has access to vault stair codes to use "feeling security cameras") 
  • Janitor - Overalls -  The most humble position in the bank. They clean poop (has access to vault stairs for cleaning) 
  • Customer - Shirt & Shoes required -  Use bank as you would anywhere else, walk up to a teller, use withdraw/deposit, receive an incentives bonus, invest in the stock market!!!  

There is no real cap on employees, but I can not afford to hire everyone at once.

Bank vault will hold anywhere from $100,00 all the way to $1,000,000 at any time while open for business.  

Robberies close the bank for investigations and employees get payed holiday for the trauma they suffered.  

If caught by Police the $$$ would have to be taken and returned to bank, more of a 2.0 thing if money is going to be an inventory item. 

Please +1 if you would like to see this implementation. 

Edited by Merr Khan
  • Like 9

+1 i love this idea, its reasonable, it makes sense to not take all the money at once, and its an actual business for rp. having actual people work there instead of atms generates RP. ESPECIALLY when i know a lot of people need to pull out money for many reasons. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The original idea behind this was to promote RP, and human to human interactions. With a building that supplies legal jobs and both legal & illegal opportunities for civilians. Something that has already been done, just wanted a little dev support to complete the magic trick, and to lock a door.  

This was meant to be strictly controlled by the WL Banker, to maintain the highest level of RP in the scenario's. 
I encourage anyone to want to create their own RP, if you can then you will have no problem doing it at your own location.

The legal parts of the bank like the jobs, civilian banking, and investment opportunities are the pinnacle part of this job, its what creates the immersion of a real business during a bank heist, you can't fake it .........  and can not be coded in to replace the banker.  

The manor in which a criminal group could rob the bank changes every shift, and required the group to plant employees to learn this info, and figure out how to open the safe, again it changes everytime, and (backstage) is opened by the Banker pressing f-1, not a forcible mechanic, and much more went into it.

The purpose of this post was to create a system that can not be abused, power gamed, and friends can't meta info to each other over discord as it changes every time,  it is a human making the decisions to pay out and not a computer coded mechanic that can and will be figured out.

To add - A human controlled system is one that can scale accordingly to the level of RP, character commitment, and general atmosphere of the whole situation..... regardless of how many cops are on, why get payed less if you do a really good job at RP, just cause there are no cops on? (only a person can make that call) 
I have been there many times, spend 1-2 hrs setting up while 10 cops are on duty, get a hostage, and when you get to the store..... "No cops on"...... It happens, but The banker would still see that effort and reward accordingly... 

It was also meant to get rid of the "I have hostage, i got free" type of RP play style. (as this would get a $1 payout)

Additionally the money would not be conjured up with 1's ans 0'1,  It would be real money earned by the bank from investors, clients, and so on.
Being a bank robber would label you a real criminal, with the civilians population being the victims. Not a glamours role, or one you brag about doing In character, That money belonged to people.  

I thought with 2.0 we could move away form hard coded mechanic grinding jobs or robberies, and move to more of a WL player controlled job environment. 

Sort of like ems, cops, lawyers, Judges, taxi's and mechanics..... it is a player in control, and they are only open when they are on. Can't get one 24/7 that's life.....

The bank, just like all banks, is open 24/7 for atm, but to invest, or rob...... should have to be open and full of people.

Otherwise whats the point? 

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime". <---- I wanted to teach RP here, OOC the bank was a school for RP, not a restaurant)

Edited by Merr Khan

Merr, what you are asking to be developed is quite complex. Me adding a bank heist (which has been promised for 2 years) does not mean things can't change and things being added later. Yes we are moving having jobs be more player interactive but this will take time. I also appreciate the outline of the job you provided. I want to remind that the next phase is the development of all the logic to go along with this and this is where a lot of time needs to be committed. The community has waited a long time for heists and I don't think it is fair to make them wait any longer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like this idea. Ive always thought about starting a security business in a server, but don't know how to code to help get it running. If you8 guys goo through  with this idea, I would be more than happy to get things in order to start a security company in this city. OI might do it anywys even with the limitations.