Duty Stopwatch EMS/PD

Matthew King

I’ve been thinking about this for quite a while and I just felt that now’s the right time to share my thoughts. I think it would be useful to add a timer on how long you were on duty so that for the people who comes to do a specific amount of time can tell and makes it a lot easier on him/herself. Some people would say, “shift tab look how many minutes you played on the top left” yes that works but that’s if you directly clocked on as soon as you entered the city. Overall, it’s not something big but I see it beneficial and useful for keeping up with time. Please +1 if you think this is a good idea, thanks. - Matthew King 

• Like 3

I actually brought this up at one of the Q/A meetings, asking if there was a current way that EMTs and everyone could look at their "time sheet" but other than being a Senior EMS, or reaching out to one, there really isn't a way to know.

I think this would be a great addition to the system, even if it comes in with 2.0. 

• Thanks 1

i'm aware, but my point is that tokovoip requires everyone to be in the same channel while in the server, whether you are on duty or not you are in the same channel (so this would make it hard for a bot to track when you are on duty) and instead use 'radios' to talk to seperate factions, e.g PD want to contact LSFD, they will change their radio frequency and vice versa

ultimately, it's OOC knowledge that your SOP requires a minimum shift time, and you as a player are in charge of keeping track of that

I do not see a need for this tbh. If you're wanting this because you're worried about making your shift minimum requirement then don't worry bout it guys (or set a timer yourself). If your a under your minimal from time to time life will still go on. I realize things happen and not everyone will be able to do their minimal every time. Don't worry bout things like this and just go out there and have fun playing the game.

• Like 2