Fake Plates

Spartan

I have been thinking on this for a little while but doesnt seem to have been mentioned before:

I think it would be pretty good idea if fake plates were added in at the black market. They could be $2500 and be a single use item.

Fake plates would be used the same way you would use a taco truck kit or a mobile meth lab kit. Sit in the vehicle and use and it scrambles the licence plate so it no longer comes back to you. I think this would add some depth and add in a sense of risk/reward. 

Risks:

• They would be  illegal equipment
  • Carry a (new?) fine for usage on a vehicle?
  • If caught in vehicle with fake plates, could be charged with GTA

Rewards:

• If you escape there is no plate tracing back to you

A cop could "find" the Fake Plates on the car by searching the vehicle.  Discovery could mean being charged with "Tampering with vehicle" or something along the lines.

The point is to add a gamble for criminals willing to take a risk of getting more charges when caught and possible license seizure for avoiding having their plate noted after evasion.

Edit: Couple contradicting thoughts but just wanted to get a few ideas out there

Edited by Andreas Spartan
  • Like 2

I like the concept but i see this getting used too much, especially at a $2500 price point. I could see it getting balanced out in the 5000-7500 range, so that they arent constantly used for robberies. 

An idea that could be compounded with this is the actual theft of someone else's plate somehow. While I realize the technical difficulty of implementing something like this as vehicles are tied to a persons specific reg, I think it would lead to some interesting outcomes in 2.0.