2.0 Off Duty Medical Assistance

Charles Hill

I wanted to through this idea out there to @Serpicoand everyone in the department to see what everyone thinks to possibly implement in the upcoming 2.0. But I have had several occurrences where somebody gets knocked down for whatever reason and EMS is extremely backed up due to the volume of calls, which I know how crazy it can get. They end up dying/seeing the light due to EMS not being able to arrive on scene but what if there was a mechanic in the city where like say Paramedics or CP and above were able to call for a medical heli in extreme cases, like the CFR for PD, for a high price if the patient wants to pay it. 9 times out of 10 you usually are getting knocked out by your friend or someone you know. I personally think it would be a pretty useful option to explore in cases where PD can't help and EMS is backed up beyond our control. 

Let me know what everyone thinks.

• Like 1

I honestly think that people should be responsible enough to keep themselves alive, now there are certain situations that lead to death such as robberies and other illegal things, but I think instead of the proposed idea, there should be a way for people to pickup downed people and carry them to the hospital so that they can get proper treatment. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, speed said:

Sometimes people die. That's part of the game.

Yea fair point, just sometimes you get downed due a faulty game mechanic or situation that you couldn’t control. Even like people able to carry your buddy to the hospital could possibly be an interesting implementation. I see where you are coming from though

I would personally love to see the addition of just normal Medkits in green stores for like 2500 dollars to keep them expensive, and what they would do is simply stabilize a person for X amount of minutes

Or maybe they can allow you to move a downed individual but it speeds up their bleedout time and you can only carry them for so far. 

Edited by UnknownRNGS
  • Like 2

I agree more EMS would be ideal, but that also isn't in the spirit of rp to softly strong arm people into a job that may or may not come with pros or cons to their character. There's plenty of situations where a PC can go down to mechanics or locals through no fault of their own and having no pd or EMS around leaves only one outcome right now. Having more possible outcomes leads to more diverse and organic rp options in my opinion. I would love to see the option to move a downed player or provide limited first aid.

All that said I really appreciate all the pd and EMS people we do have.

Edited by Edward M.
  • Like 1