Driving police as car as a crim.

I was just thinking about something and i'm not even sure if it's a good idea or not it's something that just popped up in my mind. I feel like criminals should be able to drive a cop  instead of there being a security system installed. Let's just say you get in a chase with a officer and he's the only one on scene after your car breaks down from the chase.  You end up pulling your gun out before he could now you got him hostage but your car is messed up, we should be able to maybe drive it away in situations like that. Another thing is I know you can still impersonate officers with the outfits, but imagine if you can even do it in a real cop car... also try figuring out a way for people not to abuse it.. let me know what you guys thinking, just a random thought.

Edited by Daniel Jenkins
  • Like 1

I see the plus sides of this plus the downsides. 2.0 would usher in a different type of city that I definitely think this would fit better into, but as of right now this would most likely be done at close to every traffic stop officers would perform. While I definitely understand where you come from as a criminal, I think it would bring more negatives than positives in the current state.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Vega said:

I see the plus sides of this plus the downsides. 2.0 would usher in a different type of city that I definitely think this would fit better into, but as of right now this would most likely be done at close to every traffic stop officers would perform. While I definitely understand where you come from as a criminal, I think it would bring more negatives than positives in the current state.

100% agree with this. In current state it would be awful, think of how many people already hop into a cop car just to mess with people. Perhaps in 2.0 when things are a bit more serious and there's an overall higher level of RP it would be a good addition. (still should only be done on rare occasion)

• Like 1

Here's my twist on this: For any civ or  PD vehicle, you can only hop in the car and drive off if they leave it running with the doors unlocked(key in ignition). Otherwise, they'll need to give you the keys to the car (RP it out and demand their keys, and they give you keys from inventory using the in-game mechanics). 

Additionally, offer LoJack (provides GPS coordinates of vehicle and disables it) as a high end upgrade to vehicles at Los Santos Customs, as well as a standard security alarm system (cheaper upgrade).

These would surely make some interesting RP encounters and aid in adding realism. Would also teach folks to secure their vehicles. 

On 10/22/2019 at 2:41 AM, Rocketeer said:

Here's my twist on this: For any civ or  PD vehicle, you can only hop in the car and drive off if they leave it running with the doors unlocked(key in ignition). Otherwise, they'll need to give you the keys to the car (RP it out and demand their keys, and they give you keys from inventory using the in-game mechanics). 

Additionally, offer LoJack (provides GPS coordinates of vehicle and disables it) as a high end upgrade to vehicles at Los Santos Customs, as well as a standard security alarm system (cheaper upgrade).

These would surely make some interesting RP encounters and aid in adding realism. Would also teach folks to secure their vehicles. 

I see where this could be a good addition but you also have to think unless it was in 500K range like speed bombs, there would be no reason for someone not to put that on their car. It would then become abused and the RP of stealing someone’s car in general would go away because everyone knows that the car is just going to get disabled right after your happen to drive away with it. 

If there was a way to balance it out then i would definitely see the added benefit to police chases as Daniel was trying to present above! That’s just my opinion in the matter though.