Gloves and weapon residue

Denver

I'd write a super long story, but it would be cool if the game detected whether or not you're wearing gloves and if you would take the gloves off after shooting the cops wouldn't be able to see that you shot off a gun. 
(If you would re-apply the gloves before the residue came off the cops would be able to see that you shot off a gun).

I don't see it from a balance standpoint.  /gloves 1 to put gloves on then I shoot someone then I /gloves 0 to take off and it gets rid of every sign of a gunshot? Without giving cops or other civilians any counter play I just feel it would be OP. Now maybe if there were a way to make gloves an in inventory item where you could use and put them on then when you took them off they either A) dropped to the ground leaving behind trace DNA on the inside of the gloves or B) stayed in inventory until you deem its safe to get rid of the evidence and still leaving behind the trace DNA.

45 minutes ago, r3v0Lt55 said:

I don't see it from a balance standpoint.  /gloves 1 to put gloves on then I shoot someone then I /gloves 0 to take off and it gets rid of every sign of a gunshot? Without giving cops or other civilians any counter play I just feel it would be OP. Now maybe if there were a way to make gloves an in inventory item where you could use and put them on then when you took them off they either A) dropped to the ground leaving behind trace DNA on the inside of the gloves or B) stayed in inventory until you deem its safe to get rid of the evidence and still leaving behind the trace DNA.

That would make it better, yes. Maybe add that if dropped they can be found and traced back to you (DNA check)

Edited by Blueman_Gaming

GSR isn't just localized on your hands, tho I see what you are getting at.  If you remain in the same clothing without them being laundered, GSR can be on your clothing as well.  GSR can also travel roughly 3-5 feet give or take as well.  Something to keep in mind .  Also, if you were to take your gloves off, would you be leaving them on your person? Or planting them else where?

I personally think that if the gloves are to be ever used. @r3v0Lt55 said it best. 

Actual Gunshot Residue as Riddle mentioned isn’t localized on just your hands, having the option for it to be only on the gloves would for certainly be OP. I’m cool with the concept, just needs tweaking to allow for a counter. Gloves come off, they get dropped where you take them off, hopefully you take them off in a smart location.