Chop shop/ used cars.

This is an idea I just came up with while driving a tow truck and towing abandoned vehicles. Tow drivers should have the ability to run their own impound lot/ junk yard/ used car shop. For example if a player decides to abandon their vehicle in the roadway, or on private property, and a property owner or police request a tow, the tow truck operator can take it to their lot/ junk yard. They then hold it for a set period of time, and if the owner of the vehicle doesn't claim it, the tow owner can then junk the car, or claim ownership of it to sell as a  used vehicle.

I see so many ways this can be abused and taken advantage over if someone either have to leave for an emergency or crash and have issues getting back into the city.. Think of all the complaints and comp requests we will get.. *shivers by the thought* I do think there is other ideas out there and in the works for the chop shop.

• Like 2

I can see that being a problem, but me personally, if they explained and I looked back at the log and see they crashed id just release their vehicle, try to be fair. But I can see how some people would abuse

8 hours ago, DTheOneD said:

I see so many ways this can be abused and taken advantage over if someone either have to leave for an emergency or crash and have issues getting back into the city.. Think of all the complaints and comp requests we will get.. *shivers by the thought* I do think there is other ideas out there and in the works for the chop shop.

Have it set to a timer if the vehicle is abandoned for more then 10min then its towable and the person cant complain because that is more then you have time to get back to the game. The tow truck operator will have to do a status check on the vehicle before they can do anything with it and if it's a player vehicle then it will have a timer counting down. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...