Small suggestion

I'm in favor of having separate locations for each job. It makes it where there's more traveling yes but it also makes more sense. Also sucks when you have a head issue and need to explode your head and let's say you are doing wind turbines now you have to go all the way back to the job center just to go back to pick up where you left off. 

Have something like the engineer you go pick that job at like a power plant entrance or something. 

Trucker- you select it at the docks

Taxi - at the taxi depot

Mechanic would be harder as you wouldn't want to do it at one of the shops that people can "run" 

Yes may be a little more traveling to go and select certain jobs but at same time it makes sense and more realistic.  I wouldn't go to a job center to start my shift as a truck driver.. 

Also if it's possible if the server could remember what your last job was that you keep it for x amount of time after logging out so that way if you have to relocate for a bug you don't have to break your roleplay experience to go and get your job back that you had 2 mins ago.