Firearms with no License

Merr Khan

Not sure why in 2.0 we still can not equip a firearm with out a License. Yet, police will still charge you with possession of an illegal firearm, and take it. 

I don't think this is right, as most police SOP is set on hard coded mechanics, since the weapon is un-usable (no firing pin) by coded mechanics, it should not count as a live firearm and should not be illegal.

Or weapons should be able to be equipped by criminals and used by criminals, and punished by the law accordingly.

Limitations like these, all though put in place to stop players from, some sort of abuse, or that friends will share guns...... Ok, this happens IRL every day and is more then 1/2 the debate on gun control.
Maybe its time for serial numbers on guns, so when you do trade one with a friend, or if you are the one supplying them, you can get busted for illegal gun distribution and do life in prison.

There is an entire market in the city economy not allowed to be used at all because of this one restriction. There is no profit in gun running, Both, If players can walk into the gun store and buy one for the same price or less, And people who can't afford a lic, lost it, or simply want to RP as a real criminal and not have a firearms lic, can't use them at all.

With the addition to large caliber guns, I would love to see the addition of small arms running too. IMO a true RP'er, RP'ing as a gun dealer would have selections of guns, not one gun fits all.  

i  agree with this but not serial numbers. you should be able to use (not legally buy) a gun without a license and it should just be an extra charge, unlawful possession of a firearm instead of illegal firearm. realistically some hoodrat drug dealer isnt going to have a legally owned firearm and license. they should have the option to ride dirty if they want. I feel like this is a leftover from old badlands and would be an opportunity to give a little more trust to the community.

Edited by Coach
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 4/12/2020 at 3:56 PM, Coach said:

i  agree with this but not serial numbers. you should be able to use (not legally buy) a gun without a license and it should just be an extra charge, unlawful possession of a firearm instead of illegal firearm. realistically some hoodrat drug dealer isnt going to have a legally owned firearm and license. they should have the option to ride dirty if they want. I feel like this is a leftover from old badlands and would be an opportunity to give a little more trust to the community.

+1