Trying to get started

Sorry for the noob question. I’m really new to pc GTA and even newer to RP. I’m trying to get started in Badlands. My main question is. The whitelist application. I’m assuming that’s necessary before I join correct? Also I did the whole team speak amd tokovoip thing but it would tell me my plugin was offline. Is that because I haven’t filled out an application? I’m looking forward to join and be active in the near future. Thanks in advance.   

1 hour ago, Cris Sanchez said:

Sorry for the noob question. I’m really new to pc GTA and even newer to RP. I’m trying to get started in Badlands. My main question is. The whitelist application. I’m assuming that’s necessary before I join correct? Also I did the whole team speak amd tokovoip thing but it would tell me my plugin was offline. Is that because I haven’t filled out an application? I’m looking forward to join and be active in the near future. Thanks in advance.   

Hi, currently Whitelist is offline. This means anyone can currently play, however we do have some situations were whitelist is turned on i.e. Hackers come in and test periods. If Teamspeak is giving you issues with Tokovoip make sure you're in the teamspeak server before connecting to the server at: ts3.blrp.net:10005 

Then when you've done that, connect to the server. If it still gives you issues with Tokovoip then try and reinstall it for Teamspeak while Teamspeak is closed completely.

Hope this helps! :D

If it doesn't, Serpico the Developer and Community Manager made this for newbies :)

• Thanks 1

On 5/3/2020 at 11:36 AM, Bill Brady said:

Hey man welcome to Badlands and GTA RP.  It can be a lot to learn to get started so let us know if you have more questions.

I do have a question. So I manage to join. Got my character. Where do I go from here as far RP? How do I get to be a drug dealer or drive a car and get a place? Also I notice that I can’t see where other players are in the lobby. Is that normal?

15 minutes ago, Cris Sanchez said:

I do have a question. So I manage to join. Got my character. Where do I go from here as far RP? How do I get to be a drug dealer or drive a car and get a place? Also I notice that I can’t see where other players are in the lobby. Is that normal?

Hey there! First off welcome to badlands! 

I would suggest walking or cycling around and find someone you can ask questions too, most people are more then willing too help you.

And it is totally normal that you can't see other people on the map.