Clothing

So ive seen a massive influx in players doing a few things here 1 initiating in a fight wearing all black then running to change there entire model completely when i mean model i mean skin colour face and everything only to attack the same group again. When people are attacking other groups there not wearing same colours or outfits and are hard to tell a part as we dont have a check ID system like the cops uf we kidnap someone. When people run from cops they always scurry to a motel to change outfit and so fourth so they can walk freely undetected (to me thats unfair on the cops as people change like 5 times a day) people abusing the weapon tear down system by robbing stores with AKs then if they get away there just tearing it down and storing it practically instantly which to me again is bull as then they do the same again over an over. 

A few things id like to see is something like once you have a select model or clothing you have a timer where you cannot change for say like 48hrs or something along them lines. 

When you equip a weapon that weapon tear down is again on a cool down period of say 1hr before you can tear down any weapons again. 

Maybe civs if they zip tie someone they can just check there driving licence for there name, for example some dude shoots at us an we can tell his voice an we catch a name. We can then go around find someone who sounds familiar maybe then get to check if its who your looking for. 

3 fire fights we got in yesterday with random guys with no initiation no colours to say they were together nothing, 1 was a standard dress code as he had just gotten in the city. I got VDM by 1 guy after talking to another guy who the day before rammed me off the road again with no reason or initiation. The dude who VDM me then went a changed his entire model an tried to do it again.

I think changes like ive said above stops people using the clothing function to a degree thats classed as abuse. It makes it hard for us to see and distinguish whos who and whos attacking who and with people changing every 5 mins descriptions of people who cops see are pointless cause again people change to much.

My guys are under instruction no matter what they do, whether it be robberies, drugs or hostage taking they stay in our colours and things that have been wearing. Thats our models thats how we dress thats it. Kind of a respect thing ya know. One of the guys i believe is wanted on a massive charge list yet hes not bothered he cant change. When he gets caught he gets caught fair an square. Thats how im seeing things atm anyway.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I get that bames but cmon man you see what im saying. We get shot up by dudes in black they change then there never getting caught. Out of respect for the city the guys are to never ever change what they wear. Hence why we are fulky recognisable an that to me is how it should be. If i get caught doin a crime with an ak ill keep it out until im caught. Using the weapon disablement thing imo is abusing that.

8 hours ago, Lewka Dvornikov said:

Maybe civs if they zip tie someone they can just check there driving licence for there name, for example some dude shoots at us an we can tell his voice an we catch a name. We can then go around find someone who sounds familiar maybe then get to check if its who your looking for. 

This is the only thing I agree with in this entire thread.

8 hours ago, Lewka Dvornikov said:

3 fire fights we got in yesterday with random guys with no initiation no colours to say they were together nothing, 1 was a standard dress code as he had just gotten in the city. I got VDM by 1 guy after talking to another guy who the day before rammed me off the road again with no reason or initiation. The dude who VDM me then went a changed his entire model an tried to do it again.

This is against server rules, and if you report them, they get banned. 

And every serious gang in the city will be dressed the same at all times. Negleting people to change clothes or tear down a weapon sounds like WinRP mentality, which as a cop especially, is super toxic.

You will catch that bastard you are looking for in the end, you don't have to catch him the same hour you are on shift.

• Like 1

changing clothes shouldn't have a timer at all, so what if they wore all black and then changed after? to me that just sounds like they are being somewhat smart about their crimes

11 hours ago, Lewka Dvornikov said:

3 fire fights we got in yesterday with random guys with no initiation

if people are RDM'ing you, and you believe a group that is approaching you may do something that goes against server rules, press f6 to make sure if you are recording you have their ID's in case they do. this is something you just need to report or it will keep happening

as for the changing PED models/face (hell even hair colour) being on a timer? i like the idea and think it will reduce this stuff you mentioned from happening

1 hour ago, luna said:

changing clothes shouldn't have a timer at all, so what if they wore all black and then changed after? to me that just sounds like they are being somewhat smart about their crimes

I get that and yes it makes sense and again your missing the point. Groups are initiating in attacking another group and are then instantly changing the outfits they wear. Last thing i read is 

Gangs

Any organized group of players that engage in illegal or hostile RP together are considered to be a gang.

Gang Behavior

• Active gang members should wear matching attire that makes them easily identifiable as a member of the gang.

. This is the point im making. Everyone who commented so far has missed that point im making. Me sharing that gang rule there may help clear that smart crime thing up as you put it. 

There are 3 groups atm that wear attire for there group/gang. White tracksuits and masks, russians in the grey tracksuits and the AOD biker group. To me what i see is others in the city are doing whats been mentioned above. So them being as a group/gang initiating in RP with other groups then changing to different attire straight after fully kills the RP amongst civs and groups. Police not so much as they have plate readers and warrants. People are just running round though with no stand out colours/features assigned to there groups and are just causing trouple and they cannot be identified by anyone due to the changing of attire 5 mins later. This is my point. Even if they initiate the right way they are still killing the RP by them instantly changing clothing so they dont have to deal with any form of retaliation. 

Edited by Lewka Dvornikov
  • Like 1

On 5/24/2020 at 2:58 PM, Lewka Dvornikov said:

A few things id like to see is something like once you have a select model or clothing you have a timer where you cannot change for say like 48hrs or something along them lines.

i may have misinterpreted what you meant by this line then, did you not suggest to have clothing be on a timer here?

if people are breaking gang rules, then report it

I understand where Lewka is coming from all aspects. And I actually agree to an extent. So you can’t “lock” the clothing store being because people keep changing their “clothes”. what I’m against, from what I understand, they are using PEDs and once they do the crime they completely change their PED. That I find unrealistic and would give a timer for that. But as long as they are all using the same Group of PED then it’s a dress code you can tell that they are in a gang, but if they were using a custom model and they keep changing their clothes when they do a crime, that’s smart and nothing against that. In regards for voice, according to civilian rights, Officers may ID you based on your voice. So yeah I’m going to agree with Luna, if they are doing any sort of VDM/RDM record and get the ID’s and place in a player report. 

• Like 1

I have spoken to players in the past who quick changed npc models to avoid being caught selling drugs. I agree that it is highly unrealistic and a abuse of the mechanics just to get an advantage over the police. Please report such behaviours. It does take catching ID numbers and filing reports as we all should do for rule breaks and behaviours negatively impacting our gameplay experience (vdm rdm etc.)

-1 to the timer. There are valid reasons to change your npc model, just not what ur describing above. Examples would be models that have the same face (I use three that have the same face), or some that are completely covered and have clothing options beyond what is available to custom models. Concealing your identity for hostile activity is a sensible rp option and fairplay imo. Limiting people who play fairly is not the direction we should go, correcting the behaviour of those who don't is. 

• Like 2

On 5/25/2020 at 7:22 PM, luna said:

i may have misinterpreted what you meant by this line then, did you not suggest to have clothing be on a timer here?

if people are breaking gang rules, then report it

We dont know there breaking gang rules because they change after doing something. There not so much in gangs just new and old people doin what they do an getting changed straight away to avoid any form of revenge or action back against them. Maybe my wording what i was trying to get accross was wrong and for that i apologise. 

Scenario for example your in a gang my gang attacks you we use different voices we then change how do you know who hit you to take action back against them. 1 hr later same again, different voice different clothes same people. So if someone shoots up 1 of my guys the rest can initiate any form of response because there unrecognisable later on. This is what im trying to get accross. I hope i relayed that a bit better. 

Im just trying to get peoples ideas on it also thats all. 

On 5/25/2020 at 5:33 AM, Lewka Dvornikov said:

There are 3 groups atm that wear attire for there group/gang. White tracksuits and masks, russians in the grey tracksuits and the AOD biker group. To me what i see is others in the city are doing whats been mentioned above. So them being as a group/gang initiating in RP with other groups then changing to different attire straight after fully kills the RP amongst civs and groups. Police not so much as they have plate readers and warrants. People are just running round though with no stand out colours/features assigned to there groups and are just causing trouple and they cannot be identified by anyone due to the changing of attire 5 mins later. This is my point. Even if they initiate the right way they are still killing the RP by them instantly changing clothing so they dont have to deal with any form of retaliation. 

+1, I had a "gang war" not too long ago with individuals not wearing anything similar whatsoever, so it was a guessing game who was in his group. I just waited to get shot at so I could shoot back, since none of them had the same clothing.

It's frustrating and dumb, just a slight gray area. If you rob a store, I don't believe you need to have any similar clothing at all, but for gang related activity, you do.

On 5/25/2020 at 4:27 AM, Lewka Dvornikov said:

Gangs

Any organized group of players that engage in illegal or hostile RP together are considered to be a gang.

Gang Behavior

• Active gang members should wear matching attire that makes them easily identifiable as a member of the gang.

Its my understanding from this that if you rob a store then matching attire is required.