The ability for mechanics to impound vehicles

Hey, myself (Ryan Blood) and my sister (Sarah Blood) are mechanics and local vehicles or owned vehicles are always at 2/5 and we have to call the cops out to impound them. It would make our jobs 10x easier and it would be helpful to the cops too so they can attend to more pressing matters. It would also be helpful when I am on a towing job and let’s say the scenario is a big crash I’d need to remove vehicles from the road. T.I.A

• Like 1

You could always call a tow truck and pay them to remove vehicles from the shop. If you're your working tow you can always pick up cars and move them to the side of the road to help clear things up. I think giving anyone the ability to impound cars can lead to a lot of issues though.

• Like 1

It would stop the issue at the mechanic shops as im always unable to fix cars with the dumped cars and locals on the grounds and unfair for the police to always get bugged to move them, also it makes sense for when you go to pick up a car that was involved in an accident, we all know how the locals can pile up quick then boom!

• Like 3

I think this is a good idea, the main mechanic shop has a known issue where cars get dumped or NPCs crash and it just causes a mess. Being able to impound these vehicles would help with that issue to be able to keep the shop somewhat working instead of 3 cars being there and nothing works anymore.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bames Jond- said:

As a few ppl pointed out there's possibility of it being misused but then maybe it can be limited to only being able to Impound inside a certain radius/ might be near 2/5.Still can't rule out the possibility of it being misused tho

Or maybe the impound function for mechanics could become a whitelisted function that you have to apply for? 

• 1 month later...

Tow should be able to take a call and impound vehicles. We already can move them so it'd make sense to give us the ability to actually impound them as well.  When we get licensed were keenly aware that abuse of this the tow mechanic is prohibited and it wouldn't provide the ability for any more abuse than what already exists.  We drivers are a responsible lot

• Like 1