How do informants work?

Randy Jones

So apparently the police had an informant tell them there was a meth lab at a garage I had my RV parked at. The reason I had all my cars out was because I was trying to get my steel and hemp cloth out of my cars and couldn't remember which one I had, and also because the garages are broken asf and you can never store if there is any other car around that's why they were all out. So anyways not meth lab sit up cops get an informant search my RV which did have 200 meth in it but like i said I hadn't cooked since yesterday and that was at the humane lab or whatever the fuck it's called. Like I said there was no meth lab sit up and all my cars were out so they search my rv find the 200 meth and decide to search the rest of my cars which had an AK a few D .50's 300 leaves and another 100 and something meth, that's like over 60k worth of stuff that I lost. How is that fair? If I had a meth lab sit up in it at the time and had cooked recent;y fine fair enough, but I had not and now I lost a lot of shit that I spent so much time to get, I don't know just a thought. Makes me really wish garages wasn't broken I wouldn't be in this situation in the first place.  

Okay I did submit one, like I said in the ticket I wasn't streaming this morning when it happened situations like this is the only reason I do stream, I did however stream yesterday when I bought the RV and cooked all that. The only reason all my cars was out is because I was looking for steel and I couldn't store them. I'm sure there's some kind of logs that could be checked or something. There was no meth lab inside the RV when it got searched, last time I cooked was yesterday and it wasn't at that spot. I understand the PD was doing their job but at the same time it's just a little unfair to me I think.

To clarify since I believe you reached out to staff. There is no bug. I have reviewed the code and the only way they can get that location is if a kit was installed or used. Doesnt have to be installed or used by you. @Serpico Yes but you can only set up a meth lab in your own RV I am pretty sure, Regardless the informant could've of been there for my RV it was locked at the time. 

On 6/12/2020 at 9:38 PM, Randy Jones said:

So apparently the police had an informant tell them there was a meth lab at a garage I had my RV parked at. The reason I had all my cars out was because I was trying to get my steel and hemp cloth out of my cars and couldn't remember which one I had, and also because the garages are broken asf and you can never store if there is any other car around that's why they were all out. So anyways not meth lab sit up cops get an informant search my RV which did have 200 meth in it but like i said I hadn't cooked since yesterday and that was at the humane lab or whatever the fuck it's called. Like I said there was no meth lab sit up and all my cars were out so they search my rv find the 200 meth and decide to search the rest of my cars which had an AK a few D .50's 300 leaves and another 100 and something meth, that's like over 60k worth of stuff that I lost. How is that fair? If I had a meth lab sit up in it at the time and had cooked recent;y fine fair enough, but I had not and now I lost a lot of shit that I spent so much time to get, I don't know just a thought. Makes me really wish garages wasn't broken I wouldn't be in this situation in the first place.  

Maybe you were unlucky and someone else had cooked there recently? It sounds like abuse and should be reported if this is the case.

On 6/12/2020 at 11:59 PM, TiLLeR said:

@Randy Jones

They should not get a hit unless someone was actually cooking in the area or recently in the area.  This sounds way off. I think you should submit a support ticket and we'll have to do some research on it.

We do get false positives all the time, it's not always the location of an active or recently active meth lab. From my experience, there are certain locations that's almost always showing up on informant every single time im on duty, and every single time I go there, there's nothing there. (Correct me if im wrong?)

But I don't think any "fake calls" are at any garage, so it sounds really weird imo.

Yeah man idk it just a bit weird, I had pulled it out of the garage so I know there was no meth lab, also it was locked. And correct me if I'm wrong but I've tried setting up a meth lab in someone else's RV before and it didn't work. So I'm hella confused. It seems to me like they didn't even use an informant. I think they just seen the RV there and decided to search it.

4 hours ago, Chan said:

Maybe you were unlucky and someone else had cooked there recently? It sounds like abuse and should be reported if this is the case.

We do get false positives all the time, it's not always the location of an active or recently active meth lab. From my experience, there are certain locations that's almost always showing up on informant every single time im on duty, and every single time I go there, there's nothing there. (Correct me if im wrong?)

But I don't think any "fake calls" are at any garage, so it sounds really weird imo.

There are no false positives.  The informant does not always return a location even if there has been one.  Sometimes that location is stale.  But not false positive..

Edited by TiLLeR

If you did infact not cook at that spot then you very unfortunate to park your RV in the spot where someone had cooked at some point. At some point someone was cooking there, that's the information the Informant had, you were just unfortunate to park your van somewhere someone else cooked at. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1