FREEDOM for Pilots

JJRambow

Hello All, 

I have been overlooking some of the rules and have noticed that the Pilot license for Criminals is someone not worth the money, as the current rules for the licenses and use of aircrafts are somewhat not fair for the bad guys i understand this and would like to request a few changes for the criminals giving us a reason to buy a Pilot License.

As a leader of a group and a owner of a building. one reason for the building was due to the location and ablity to use all trasport options, for example being able to use a boat from the near by docks and cars from the near by garage. (30Sec Walk for both options.) I would like to be able to park on top of my building as its now classified as private property, Also from exchanges with the police we have had police land on top of the building in the past. 

Current Rules and Changes Requied. (My Thoughts.)
Aircraft Must Be Kept Above 200M - This is a Good Rule and no change is required. 

Aircraft May Not Be Used Maliciously - This is a Good Rule and no change is required. 

Aircraft May Not Be Used To Facilitate or assist Criminal Acts. - This Need Reviewing (My Thoughts)
- Police Evading
(
This is something that shouldn't Changed)
- Robberies
(
This is something that shouldn't Changed)
- Drug Trafficking
(This is something that is fine, simaliar to the Meth Van the police should be able to search and seize)
(Trasporting People with Drugs, should also be allowed but pilot can get arrested as being part of Drug Trafficing and if police believe a high amount of drugs have been traded with the use of Aircraft then a Cpl or Higher can remove license.)
(Lookout should be allowed as the police can do it so why can't the normal people do it, this currently feels unfair.) 

-Aircraft May not be landed in populated areas. (Lower Half of the city.)  
(This is correct but with groups and gangs getting their own buildings, I believe that we as owners of the land we are landing on we should be able to land if safe to do so and on a large enough roof/floor. giving people more reasons to buy one.)

Pilot License Seized - I believe this should be something you can re-obtained like a car license. Unless Reported in a case of Breaking rules ( - Police Evading - Robberies  -Aircraft May not be landed in populated areas.)

unknown.png

❤️ Love Y'all ❤️ 
JJ

Edited by JJRambow
Making it clearer.
  • Like 6

We have recently reviewed this topic in staff.

We would like to see this changed in the future, but as it stands right now - aircraft usage in criminal activity has little to no counters. With some brainstorming and development as to how we can counter aircraft usage in a realistic and enjoyable way for both parties - I'm sure it has the chance to be changed. 

Landing on top of buildings can be spotty in the city. Is it a realistic location for a helicopter to land? Is it safe? It doesn't make sense for us to allow some people to land on designated buildings, but not the other player who doesn't have "private property". This excludes EMS and PD. It is much easier, and fair for all if you simply head to a helicopter landing pad, and get some wheels to the place you need to go. This isn't something we've fully discussed yet, but this likely will not be changed. 

As for licensing - we are in a time where we are slowly introducing DOJ into many aspects of the server. No promised changes yet, but I would assume that in the near future we will see more license seizures being reviewed in court. On the same note, some people just screw it up for themselves pretty bad - and they won't be seeing their licenses again. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

point 4,

this request isn't a change on rule it should be a request to add a helipad/Paint to a location. 
its a big enough building and its not for people to be able to pull a heli out its only for landing if the helipad is free then cops and ems could also use it. maybe creating a few locations for all pilots to have permission to land if safe to land.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree on this topic to be reviewed and changes that open up the opportunity for having fun never hurt. I know that for this changes to be made, LSPD will have to implement some way to respond to someone fleeing in a Helicopter since for LSPD members is not just like any Cop can Pull out a Helicopter by just having a Pilots License.  I would suggest adding an Air Unit as a Certification for Police Officers, If we allow the criminals to use their Helicopters for Criminal activities, we should have an air Unit enforcing regulations and the law, probably having a way to know when there are Civ Helicopters flying around, could give PD the Green Light to pull out a Heli if a Certified Pilot is on Duty. The way to balance this out will take some time since it brings some unfair situations for both sides, Crims/PD, for example, If a PD Air Unit flies by an Illegal area and spots people in that area, some criminals may complain about PD being OP and going for the W by using a Heli. When they could even have a Heli on stand by to pick them up, complains will be made, such as...... do you see a Helicopter around us? Are we in a High speed chase? 

Changes should be made, but I know it will take some time with all the ongoing changes and new things at the moment 

• Like 1