bump city economy

Alex frost

I am aware that the economy was bumped once already. 

125$ for a civ pay check still seems a tad low to me. i feel like 150-200$ would be better.

it seems like i have to grind for hours to even make anywhere from 30k-60k (that is just doing drug sales)

I am aware i could make more money if i put more effort or time into it but i do not like that i have to spend half the day just grinding to make any kind of real money. (this is as a civ/criminal)

I feel like when you have to spend more time grinding to get any kind of real cash it takes away from RP, it also makes the city feel dead when everyone (almost everyone) is out just grinding for cash.

there are so many things id love to try and setup for RP scenarios with the police or even other people. but as of right now i feel like i could not attempt to rob anything or anyone, as i simply can not afford to do so if the outcome goes bad. (that is for criminal things)

lets say i want to set up an event like a race or maybe a fight night. i can not do either as i can not afford the cost it would take to set it up. (that is if i want to set it up nicely)

for me i just do not like how grindy everything feels right now, more so for me and other solo people. 

some people may disagree with me and that is fine, i just wanted to bring my thoughts in on the matter. 

• Like 2

Honestly the economy doesn't need any further adjustments in its current stance. Infact i would go as far to say that Government jobs in the city need a decrease in pay due to how many jnr+ staff in both factions are sitting on literally 1-2 million or more on average. Which in this economy, Is worse than 1.0's economy where people never ran out of money ever. The present economy is just infinite right now for some people.

However, This doesn't mean to say that the economy is okay or in a good spot. What needs to be done now is there NEEDS to be a job that outputs 20 to 30 grand work. Not just one singular illegal activity is the only way to make money and not spend your entire time doing some dull boring job.

The biggest complaint in the city that i have found is every job is a grind for very little reward, And not everyone wants to be a gangster. I honestly miss the sole purpose diving served in 1.0. Criminals were criminals because they wanted the risk and the RP from being a criminal, Not because it made good money. And sadly the rebutal to this is "go do wine" when nobody want's to go do wine. Wine's stressful and take's a lot of work to set up and organize and just creates tension. Especially when someone wants to "create RP" and starts stealing or abuses locals to aggro on you.

TL;DR Add more jobs that pay good to civilians. The current jobs are easy to grab and do, But that's for fresh people. Let hidden content pay more to regulars of the city.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

They maybe sitting on "1-2mil" but they cant do crime with that money. If people didnt treat the city like a VR lobby I'm sure they could make some money but a lot of people just want to stand in 1 place for 8+hrs a day. As for hidden content that was done but its so hard to keep things secret in the city and once something is added people go on a hunting spree to find it instead of using RP

• Like 3

To what Ross Said, There are few things I agree and disagree on. Being Part of both factions of EMS and PD, I believe ALL promotions to Jr Staff are NOT made blindly, each individual in any department that received a promotion already put effort, work, dedication and most importantly Quality Roleplay to the faction in order to get to a certain position and that's not easy, hence it's rewarded. In regards to "People never run out of money ever", now this is an idea not many are in favor of, logically and realistically, no one would ever want to run out of money. I'm not saying that's impossible but it is rare for it to naturally happen unless the character's roleplay dictates it. And personally, I wouldn't want to see that aspect forced on anyone unless desired.  I just don't see the reason why there should be a deduction in Gov jobs. To add onto, adding "Hidden Jobs" this will divert the intent to RP, to a mentality where characters will randomly start looking for something that they didn't learn IC leaving no Room for RP or explanation to why they started looking for something IC. Having a criminal character, I believe there is a fine line in the economy to prevent Grind grind grind mentality vs RP.

Edited by Matthew King

27 minutes ago, Knox said:

They maybe sitting on "1-2mil" but they cant do crime with that money. If people didnt treat the city like a VR lobby I'm sure they could make some money but a lot of people just want to stand in 1 place for 8+hrs a day. As for hidden content that was done but its so hard to keep things secret in the city and once something is added people go on a hunting spree to find it instead of using RP

You say that about them right now, But what you don't know is they grinded for months to buy one or two car's and are done grinding, Let's talk the Sultan RS. 450,000 on an economy where you only make roughly sub 10,000$ per hour. You realize how much grinding they had to do to acquire that vehicle yes?

You can see now why people either sit or just don't even fly in anymore with that thought in mind. Everyones grinded out and just chilling because they simply just can't, Or won't do it anymore. It's too time consuming. And with everyones jobs coming back in most places, We all don't have 16 hours a day to spend in the city anymore. We did in the beginning because of Covid but just not anymore.

I know a lot of people in the position where they only have 4 to 6 hours to spare nowadays and if they have to spend half that to just make 15k to 25k, It's simply just not worth moving at that point. better to just chill and mooch off others because why waste so much time when you can't enjoy what you grinded the money for.

Much better than Bumping Economy is making more RPable jobs. What do I mean by this? Well, you see, the Tow Job is a perfect example. It gives you the chance to tow local cars running "Dispatch Jobs", while also, at the same time, you could be getting calls from any real civilian in need, thus stimulating interaction. Anything that has this as base principle, is the way to go. 

9 hours ago, Kevin Ross said:

Honestly the economy doesn't need any further adjustments in its current stance. Infact i would go as far to say that Government jobs in the city need a decrease in pay due to how many jnr+ staff in both factions are sitting on literally 1-2 million or more on average. Which in this economy, Is worse than 1.0's economy where people never ran out of money ever. The present economy is just infinite right now for some people.

However, This doesn't mean to say that the economy is okay or in a good spot. What needs to be done now is there NEEDS to be a job that outputs 20 to 30 grand work. Not just one singular illegal activity is the only way to make money and not spend your entire time doing some dull boring job.

The biggest complaint in the city that i have found is every job is a grind for very little reward, And not everyone wants to be a gangster. I honestly miss the sole purpose diving served in 1.0. Criminals were criminals because they wanted the risk and the RP from being a criminal, Not because it made good money. And sadly the rebutal to this is "go do wine" when nobody want's to go do wine. Wine's stressful and take's a lot of work to set up and organize and just creates tension. Especially when someone wants to "create RP" and starts stealing or abuses locals to aggro on you.

TL;DR Add more jobs that pay good to civilians. The current jobs are easy to grab and do, But that's for fresh people. Let hidden content pay more to regulars of the city.

im actually wondering if you even read my post or just skimmed through it. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Alex frost said:

im actually wondering if you even read my post or just skimmed through it. 

Iv run the numbers on what your proposing and my main focus was on your remarks about doubling the standard paychecks, Which i disagree with. The rest of your post doesn't make sense since races can be organized and run on a whim(without rewards), As they have been done by two groups as such. You may not have partaken but they do occur quite frequently.

Fight club doesn't cost anything to host, It just requires significant time and effort to get it to happen without shutdown or charges. Aswell as collecting payment seems to be a major issue for people who do host fight nights.

Only other thing i could have remarked on in my first post was to say yes, the city is exceptionally grindy, Far more than most other cities.

3 hours ago, Kevin Ross said:

Iv run the numbers on what your proposing and my main focus was on your remarks about doubling the standard paychecks, Which i disagree with. The rest of your post doesn't make sense since races can be organized and run on a whim(without rewards), As they have been done by two groups as such. You may not have partaken but they do occur quite frequently.

Fight club doesn't cost anything to host, It just requires significant time and effort to get it to happen without shutdown or charges. Aswell as collecting payment seems to be a major issue for people who do host fight nights.

Only other thing i could have remarked on in my first post was to say yes, the city is exceptionally grindy, Far more than most other cities.

If you actually read what i said about races then you would see where i said it cost money to set up a nice race. (meaning being able to give out a cash prize at the end what would come str8 out of my pocket) also 150-200$ honestly is not that much of a paycheck, way back in the day it actually use to be that way. and as far as a fight club goes it would cost money as id defiantly need to hire security, i would also need a medical person on stand by and a DJ would be needed. all of these would cost me money as i do not rely on people willing to do things for free.  see if i am setting up an event id like it to be nice not half assed. 

9 hours ago, Alex frost said:

If you actually read what i said about races then you would see where i said it cost money to set up a nice race. (meaning being able to give out a cash prize at the end what would come str8 out of my pocket) also 150-200$ honestly is not that much of a paycheck, way back in the day it actually use to be that way. and as far as a fight club goes it would cost money as id defiantly need to hire security, i would also need a medical person on stand by and a DJ would be needed. all of these would cost me money as i do not rely on people willing to do things for free.  see if i am setting up an event id like it to be nice not half assed. 

If you we're around when the VU Was run by Vito, Those event's you may have heard we're paid for but they weren't. Security, Was done freely and so was most of the DJ'ing for a couple of the events.

It doesn't take money to run events, Or large sums to do it. DJ's make roughly 5,000 for 90 minutes of DJ'ing, Security roughly about the same. Sometimes more if shit happens. and LSPD/EMS is free.

And if you want a bigger race, Time to acquire sponsors for it then. There's many who would sponsor a serious race. It's just time consuming to make sure nobody cheats said race.

Anyways, Enough about the event's, Just get to know more people and run event's and you'l learn. As for the topic of wages, Here's a quick sheet for you to understand just how much of a boost we've gotten, Its quite significant truthfully. And if we got more my god it would be insane.

oJjadu5.png

You can see the 90,000$ Bonus we got in 300 hours, Which for the hardcore citizen of the city is their monthly gain from paychecks. If we look at the casuals paychecks, They got a 18,000$ bonus. The bump we got, is the bump we needed. We don't need it any higher at the moment.

The points which Kevin brought up is pretty true, it would be insane. I used to make 45k sometimes up to 60k on a good day for EMS, If you add that up with other activities; it is quite the insane amount of money you get. Even if you weren't EMS, and you did basic criminal things such as "Sell Drugs, etc" you are still making a lot of bang for your time. 

Personally in my eyes the economy now is fairly balanced and great, along with the new additions to the server in-general. From the 6ish months or so I've been in the community; I've noticed that there really isn't much need for money until now; at-least with all the cool changes. I really only need money for the A. Purchase of a Vehicle or B. To lower my jail time to provide more RP for Cops and so forth. Think about the RP, not the grinding of money; we are all here for RP from my point of view but some are just in it to grind. Which why be on a RP server if you are just going to do that? Either way, thought I would put my two sense in. 

RP Good/Economy balanced !

- Maddie J/Lubomyr Telaschenko

Edited by Fawn

On 10/16/2020 at 6:22 PM, Kevin Ross said:

If you we're around when the VU Was run by Vito, Those event's you may have heard we're paid for but they weren't. Security, Was done freely and so was most of the DJ'ing for a couple of the events.

It doesn't take money to run events, Or large sums to do it. DJ's make roughly 5,000 for 90 minutes of DJ'ing, Security roughly about the same. Sometimes more if shit happens. and LSPD/EMS is free.

And if you want a bigger race, Time to acquire sponsors for it then. There's many who would sponsor a serious race. It's just time consuming to make sure nobody cheats said race.

Anyways, Enough about the event's, Just get to know more people and run event's and you'l learn. As for the topic of wages, Here's a quick sheet for you to understand just how much of a boost we've gotten, Its quite significant truthfully. And if we got more my god it would be insane.

oJjadu5.png

You can see the 90,000$ Bonus we got in 300 hours, Which for the hardcore citizen of the city is their monthly gain from paychecks. If we look at the casuals paychecks, They got a 18,000$ bonus. The bump we got, is the bump we needed. We don't need it any higher at the moment.

the rates you put in are actually fine to me,if you are in the server for 8+ hours a day then you deserve it. besides that is not going to last you long anyway considering the price for most things. anyway it seems some things were buffed today, and it is much better than it was already. and as far as events go, you are talking from a very long time ago things change. i can tell you that it does cost you money to run a nice event now. anyway that is besides the point. overall the city seems as she is getting a bit better now.

Edited by Alex frost