Garage Reduction and Free Bicycle Spawn Removal

Razec

Hello folks!

Hope everyone is doing well!

I just saw this quick discussion in discord about Garage Reduction and Free Bicycle Spawn Removal and decided to post it officially here in the forums. 

I have suggested something like this before, but my guess is that this is not very well accepted by the Badlands RP Community. If done correctly, this might increase the number of taxi calls us, Taxis, get in the city. As of right now, if you're clocked in the entire day, you might get lucky if you manage to get 2 or 3 calls in total. 

Someone else commented about only disabling Bicycle spawns when there are Taxis clocked in on duty, if that's possible, of course. 

There is a crazy ammount of garages scattered around the city and I personally think there are too many of them. 

What do you guys think?

• Like 1

That was me, I commented. In my opinion this would transform our community into what everyone else hopes, realism. There's a Taxi job out there, that has a lot of potential but I rarely see people using it; it's a waste of a resource, literally.

Ways this would help:

- It would jump new players to be forced into calling a taxi and begin interacting with other players

- No more default Dannies riding between traffic and knocking locals over with their bikes

- It would not break immersion for new players by spawning a bicycle out of nowhere

- It would give the taxi job a purpose

Ways it would not help:

- I don't see a way it would not help

• Like 1

I do agree with reduction of garages, I feel like there should be 2-3 in the main city, 1 in sandy, and 1 in paleto. However I do beleive we should still allow bikes for new players at the danny spawn. They always have an option to call a taxi, but I don't think they should be forced on foot. 

i mean its like if theres no ems on u tend to find it a bad experience if u go down! but rlly rlly thankful when they are on and get to you. i rlly dont see how its any differnt for taxi as well sure u might not be able to take a car out every were and i bet u will take more care with ur car if u know theres no way to get a ride same thing in my book the more u value the shit u have and will be rlly rlly thankful when a taxi dose come!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, pebeast said:

i mean its like if theres no ems on u tend to find it a bad experience if u go down! but rlly rlly thankful when they are on and get to you. i rlly dont see how its any differnt for taxi as well sure u might not be able to take a car out every were and i bet u will take more care with ur car if u know theres no way to get a ride same thing in my book the more u value the shit u have and will be rlly rlly thankful when a taxi dose come!

Yes and the EMS situation is something I've been desperately wanting to solve. I completely agree. We will find a way. 

• 2 weeks later...

I appreciate the garage reduction, have been getting a few more calls after it was implemented. I'd also suggest Simeon's dealership to be used as a regular car shop, instead of buying whatever vehicle you want through any of the available parking lots.

To me, the most immersion breaking aspect is people "summoning" 2 or 3 vehicles at a time just to access their storage. A van you stored in Pillbox Hill shouldn't be retrieved from the parking lot in Sandy Shores. A vehicle should only be called back from the same garage it was stored.