Circuit Board. In The City.

JJRambow

Hello All,

I have been working with my group today to get circuit boards. I have spent one hour doing this with my group as most of the tests that I apply will be for one hour in time.
I have been able to get the following information.

For this test we used the 20 Lock Picks. This Cost 3000 Dollars, this was made back copping about 6 cars. Money is never the reason for this test we were after circuit boards for the hacking laptop. When chopping cars we became a well oiled machine where one person would chop one person would steal and one person would be transported. Chopping the total of 12 cars in one hour as this is the largest number you can do at one site as the cooldown time is 5mins. We were able to chop the following cars.

2 Comets
2 Sultans
2 Banshees
2SUV High End
2 Super Cars - Coil and Another Car Name Unknown.
1 Oracle Sport
1 F620

I reserved the following Items for all the chops.

Gears
Springs
Steel
Raw Steel
Aluminum
Raw Aluminum
Money

We were very disappointed to spend an hour of our day trying to get a circuit board and get nothing, we decided to give up as people also wanted to try their luck with getting a board.
Overall I believe that the Circuit Board should be something you can obtain or craft by a heist, adding the Circuit Board to the digiden Heist, here are three ways. One being adding the circuit board to the item list that you can get when stealing from the shop. Two being adding the circuit board to the shaddy crafting with the use of the electrical parts. (Having to use 8-10 parts to craft one board.) the third being adding another store such as an Ifruits in Vinewood, to allow people to steal just electrical parts and Circuit Boards. I prefer the crafting root as it gives more purpose for the electrical parts already in the city.

Update On Post - I have done further testing I have been able to chop 25 Cars in the last 2 hours ontop of the cars i did yesterday, I can confirm out of the 25 cars i only got ONE Cboards, this means in 2 hours i only got One board and shit load of Metal... I just feel like maybe i am missing something. I made not of the car that i Chopped that gave me the board but then chopping the same car from near enough the same street, I didn't receive anything. this makes me beleive there is no diffrence in car. I was hope that if you provided the chop shop with a super you would have a better chance of the Cboard but with this test i believe there is only one Group and this is "CAR"

Another work around or improvement to this system would be to provide a higher % to cars like COP Cars/Super Car's 
I know the chop shop is a new tool in the city, I just feel like the Cboards are something that need to be increased after adverting for the 2 hours aswell (ad every 20min) I also received no calls or Tweets.

This is something I would like to see in the city. But I am only one whisper in a sea of shouting. 

Edited by JJRambow
More Data.
  • Like 1

So, few things. I feel like just an hour isn't enough to really get a feel for the rate at which you can get them nor is it really all that much time put into it. That said, having them not be rare would take away reason to chop cars. If there was a craftable option, 99% of people would opt for that instead. I think people need to come to terms with the fact that sometimes things will be rare and not everything is just easy to do.

I have chopped a crazy amount of cars in the server and have come across 3 circuit boards but those three were the most valuable to resell than any other item because they are not all over the place. I like that they are a rare item and are harder to find that way the market isn't flooded with them and they keep their value. Think of it like opening some sort of loot box and circuit boards are the rare legendary item you have to work to get. Not everything is going to be easy to get to and there are reasons for that ^u^ 

Edited by Kitty N-L-C-W-V-S-A-R-B
  • Like 1

Rare is one thing, but not getting one for one hours work is some what demoralizing, I believe that the % is too low and this is were testing shines. I have been able to locate most mertials have mutiple ways of obtaining them for example Steel can be mined and obtained by chopping. Steel pipe is the same, can be looted and chopped. Wooden Plakes are the same can be looted and Chopped. something so rare should have two ways of getting them both hard I agree on that. but still providing two options is better.

4 minutes ago, paska said:

So, few things. I feel like just an hour isn't enough to really get a feel for the rate at which you can get them nor is it really all that much time put into it. That said, having them not be rare would take away reason to chop cars. If there was a craftable option, 99% of people would opt for that instead. I think people need to come to terms with the fact that sometimes things will be rare and not everything is just easy to do.

3 minutes ago, JJRambow said:

Rare is one thing, but not getting one for one hours work is some what demoralizing, I believe that the % is too low and this is were testing shines. I have been able to locate most mertials have mutiple ways of obtaining them for example Steel can be mined and obtained by chopping. Steel pipe is the same, can be looted and chopped. Wooden Plakes are the same can be looted and Chopped. something so rare should have two ways of getting them both hard I agree on that. but still providing two options is better.

I mean, I'll be honest, I have put in a lot more time for a lot less in other games.  One thing I would suggest that you seem to just have not thought of... try to buy them from other players?

Edited by paska

We have been i am based in the UK and most of my members of the gang  is Eu based requesting boards for sell at this timezone is hard and tbh people who get the boards will not sell as they will be using them their self. Trust me i have put alot of time into this and have seen mutiple people in the same boat.

Circuit Board are one the rarest material, I think it should be this but still not 1 hour of nothing. ;)

honestly the rarity is what makes it fun. If it were easy to get it wouldnt be fun. I have been slowly learning crime in the city. im enjoying it. I would say id give a +1 on the two ways to do it. There should be a legal, and illegal way to obtain items that arent illegal in and of themselves. I mean, obviously drugs are illegal period, but things that arent necessarily criminal to own/ have should have a legal way to obtain them.

• Like 1