Ability to add/change a [stolen] license plate on your car

Infinity

have the ability to change the license plate on your car so you can use your personal car in crime without cops just being able to know who you are from the plate. The way you would obtain the license plates too is that you have a chance to get a car's plate when you chop it. Also if a car has front and back plate then you would need to use two stolen plates for that car (one for the back and one for the front).

Edit: i also forgot to add that the ability to remove the plates should be added too. Also if you put the car in valet or the car gets impounded with stolen plates still on then the plates fall off, so next time you take your car out from valet or impound it will have your actual plates and not the stolen ones unless you remove them before hand. 

Edited by MrAirZone
  • Like 1

I like the idea but I would change the approach a bit for it.  I'd prefer not to have it just be a forever camouflage for cars but more as a short term camouflage ranging in duration and not just a set amount of time. Something like 10% of cars that are scrapped could give you the plate, once scrapped the item would be given a random "working" duration in between lets say 60 mins and 24 hours. Once the "local" owner of the car would call the car stolen the plate would be pretty useless.  When a cop would run the plate in the system while the plate is "working" there would be no flags on the plate and it would some back like a random local car. If a cop runs the plate once  the "working" duration has expired the plate would come back as a "stolen plate" or "different vehicle model" (w/e you wanna call it). I just like some type of randomness in situations and not just having it be 100%.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, r3v0Lt55 said:

I like the idea but I would change the approach a bit for it.  I'd prefer not to have it just be a forever camouflage for cars but more as a short term camouflage ranging in duration and not just a set amount of time. Something like 10% of cars that are scrapped could give you the plate, once scrapped the item would be given a random "working" duration in between lets say 60 mins and 24 hours. Once the "local" owner of the car would call the car stolen the plate would be pretty useless.  When a cop would run the plate in the system while the plate is "working" there would be no flags on the plate and it would some back like a random local car. If a cop runs the plate once  the "working" duration has expired the plate would come back as a "stolen plate" or "different vehicle model" (w/e you wanna call it). I just like some type of randomness in situations and not just having it be 100%.

I don't like the Idea of it working for a duration or a local calling in that their plates are stolen. the main reason for the stolen plate, is so there is more incentive to use your personal car (which could be on par with that of a cop car and/or the Tahoe which would make chases feel more even) for robbery's, bc as it stands now. none of the 4 door local cars can really compete with any of the cop cars. in terms of armor and speed (cop cars will always be massively faster and stronger then local cars, which kind of sucks bc if a cop car hits a local car one time its either breaking it or that local car is losing like 20 MPH off its top speed). The only thing that i could see that would that would make the stolen plates not really necessary is if some kind of tuner chip was added that we could use on local cars. also i was thinking maybe make it a higher chance to get plate like maybe 30-40% but then you need a mech who is willing to put the plates on the car at a mech shop (that way mechs have more things they can do that regular civs cant)

• 2 weeks later...

Me personally as I play a cop all the time now, is that, if I Run a plate and it doesn't come back to you or anyone else, and you give me a decent reason as to why then I will use that information to go about a traffic stop. I have done it where it doesn't come back on file and have let people go based on the reasons they gave me. I wont go into details on the reason, that's for you guys to figure out. Having said that, I know OOC and with the current mechanics that the vehicle you are in is stolen, but I will not bring OOC and how the mechanics supposed to be into the RP sometimes.

Also as far as I can tell, I dont believe there is a mechanic or a mod out there that will allow you to change the plates as the car is spawned with the info and is not an actual item. The only way that would be possible is if there is a coding that will allow you to input your own plate number. And that would be done in the DB end of the server. Which I am sure wont happen unless its a physical item itself.

Why use your personal car for crime anyways? Defeats the purpose of lockpicking and the gta charge. I think if a change like this was to come in I would prefer it on a duration like Jerome stated. Otherwise it's just an excuse to use your personal vehicles with zero consequence. That is unless we want to also start perm crushing cars associated with too many tickets and crimes. Then I would be on board.