Allow jailtime to decrease while offline.

paska

1 hour ago, Richie said:

I feel like if offline time served is a thing, then there needs to be some sort of rule, which i have no clue how it would be enforced, where you wouldnt be allowed to commit any sort of criminal activity on the char your on while the other is serving time.

i think that comes back to more of a ppl problem and too much freedom for some.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting idea, although offline time is a little bit weird for me. Why not change the way things are handled? For example: when DOC is not online at that given time, restrict the time being given to the suspect (keep it to 15 - 25 months). If DOC is online and on active duty, disable restrictions and allow for longer jail times. 

• 3 weeks later...

one of my situations might give a different perspective on this. so a few days ago, i had done something cool, got caught, and was sent to prison. at that time after like 30min of processing it was around 4am my time, and i know, its my choice to stay up so late and knowingly commit the crime even though i knew i would get tired, but there i was, serving 45months AFK-while in bed, waiting for the 45minutes to tick down just so i didnt have to worry the next day.

28 minutes ago, Bobby Nelson said:

i know, its my choice to stay up so late and knowingly commit the crime even though i knew i would get tired

Yeah. I don't see this as a good reason to have time tick down. If anything, I interpret as a reason against, since there's a nonzero chance that the officers involved were intending to sleep soon anyway, and the current setup discourages late-night priority calls that keep people up.

Its unfortunate that Bobby Nelson, essentially spent 75 minutes in jail. 30 minutes processing, to then be sent to jail for the maximum mandatory time is outrageous. That incident right there is why the push for offline time served is being discussed.

During processing, the suspect is BARELY RP-ing. He's being questioned, taken in and out cells for finger prints, standing around looking at cops deliberating how long they can send him away for. The cops should have given him 15-20 minutes. for the total maximum time of minutes. That is why there is increased frustration (salt) when getting caught. 

If cops aren't "allowed" to reduce time, offline time served should be a thing. 

I don't know the current roster of Correctional officers and how frequently they're online but most of my characters are Civs because....I don't want to get put in "time out" for providing the server with RP.