Farming job

Skillzonwheels

I'm not sure if this has been brought up or not already but what if we had a farming job for all the places that serve food like Burger Shot and Chihuahua Hotdogs. Take for example the burger shot where you buy the potatoes, lettuce, and onions from the store. What if you had to get those items from lets say a farmer up north, not only would this be a legal job but it would create more roleplay opportunities in the city. As the farmer you would have to buy the seeds for the items at you tool or another location and then take them to one of the farming plots in Grapeseed or Paleto Bay and plant them like weed is planted and grown. You could maybe even use the tractors or the farm equipment to harvest these crops. You would then take these crops directly to the stores and sell them to the owners for a set price. I'm not sure if this is  at all possible but it seems like a decent job to bring to the city.  

• Like 2

I think RPing as a farmer would be great.  I don't think making Burger Shot or other food related businesses require more effort to operate is a good idea.  I also think what you described would unfortunately end up causing employees of these businesses to simply go out and farm this produce themselves.  You're absolutely right that we need more civilian roleplay opportunities and I think this is a bigger concern than most realize.  Another potential problem I see with this system is that it's another job that requires you to go to an uninhabited location pulling you out of potential RP interactions during the process if you do this on your own. Realistically I don't know if farming with tractors or more likely by hand will ever happen but if it were to, I don't think any business should NEED this. 

Ideally people become farmers because they want to RP as a farmer.  Why not be a farmer and open up a farmers market and sell the produce you grow as food?  The best comparison to this at the moment is peaches.  Currently peaches make very little money selling to the peach stand but more importantly, they don't regenerate much hunger making them an undesirable food.  If the fruits and vegetables that farmers grow are nutritious, I can see this being a great way to enable those who seek farmer RP. If someone owns a business and WANTS to use farmed ingredients to craft a unique product, I'm all for it.  A general system like this could benefit and be a foundation to many future businesses. 

I'd also like to be able to milk cows and collect eggs from chicken coupes. 

Edited by Dave Ficus
  • Like 2