Police Badges / Identification

tay

So I know this isn't a new idea and probably one that has been talked about. However I think it would be great for members for the Police Department when on duty to carry either their Badge or a PD ID as an accessible/giveable item in their inventory. 

Although I know there won't be a massive amount of use for it, I think that it can be useful when in certain RP situations. For example, an undercover officer is talking to a civilian who is doubting he is in fact an officer, the UC officer can then provide his or her badge/ID or when someone is unhappy with how an officer has handled a situation and would like to know the officers details in order to report to PD Senior Staff. 

I think it would allow for a bit more RP during certain scenarios and hell even crims could potentially 'collect' the badges as trophies to flaunt among eachother. Would like to know others opinions on this! Again, I know this isn't necessary and you may find it completely useless, however I think it could be a nice small addition :D

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Thats something that the PD already has, if you look under wallet when clocked into PD, theres a business card, use that and it will show your PD card which has your name and rank as well as a PD variant of the state ID card

Didn't even know that, thanks! I am officially a dumbass

4 hours ago, DrJBruh said:

Honestly, where I like that we have the "show business card" I'd love to have a physical badge that we hold that gives our name opposed to doing it that way. It would make it seem more authentic and real. Just a thought. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah that's what I was aiming for, would definitely be a cool feature and again could allow for that more authentic RP between cop and crim.

• Like 1

While I do agree with @Coach, I do feel moving on with 2.0 and being less restrictive with stuff, with respect to abuse control / balancing should stand out. I feel that we can push forward with Police Badges and if it becomes something that does end up as a collection factor then either regulate it or penalize the people who do it with no real RP Reason behind it. We need to stop penalizing all for a few. 

• Like 1