Phones and radios while in jail

TacoBlowfish

Currently while you are in jail, even if you manage to obtain a phone you can't open it while incarcerated.  I think if you manage to have someone smuggle you a phone you should be able to use it. Especially if you're a lifer, whats the point of getting smuggled a phone if you can't access it. I still they they should be taken off of you when you get sent to jail, but if you manage to obtain one while your in there, you should be able to use it.

• Like 3

There's a lot of mechanics that are left over from when prison wasn't an RP experience, and this is one of them. This also includes not being able to use zipties and being teleported back into prison after escaping. With the DOC being more active than ever, it'd be great to see most of these restrictions lifted to allow for more freedoms for inmates, leading to more roleplay with them and LEO factions and FD. The most they can do at present is craft shanks they can't use and then beat up the guards.

As Storrent mentioned above, these are some things that were in place when serving time in prison, features and such were automated as no DOC were around. But one thing I will say is now that DOC is active and growing, I am certain there will be more accessible items/features while spending time at Boilingbroke in the future. 

• 2 weeks later...