Local Vehicle VINs

tay

So being a cop, we are able to run plates at MRPD or by using the VIN feature. When running a plate on a vehicle that is stolen from a local, it says that there is no VIN number found. I think that every vehicle should be 'registered' to someone in the city local or not.

For example, John steals a car that was parked outside of burgershot. He gets caught speeding in that vehicle and the plates get run to ensure the vehicle is registered to John. The vehicle plate is ran and it comes back to 'Kelly Moss' (random generated name). I am probably making a mess of this explanation and this probably won't come to the server however I think each local vehicle should be randomly registered to a name. It's so easy for cops to identify if a vehicle is stolen if no VIN is found but I feel like having each vehicle come back to a name can allow for some more potential RP on investigating the origin of the car and it's owner. 

Be great to hear some feedback and discussion on this and see what others think. Although this isn't a HUGE COOL change I think it is a neat QoL change that could be implemented. I probably messed up the wording for this suggestion but hopefully you know what I mean.. :D

Edited by tay
Edit
  • Like 1

While I agree something should be in place instead of No File Found. It would also make it harder if it comes back to another persons name. We would then have to try to contact the RO of the vehicle to confirm that it is supposed to be driven by the other driver. Now I can understand that some people may find it Meta that it is a stolen car just by it coming back to No File Found, but I have let some people off just because they have given a valid reason and within RP to a reason why it might not be on file. All of this will come with some time on being on the force but I feel that if we always treat the No File Found to be a stolen vehicle then thats kind of shitty for us to always know that way.

To Kind of go off of your idea. It would be cool to have a way to say maybe 10 or 25 percent of the local plates will come up stolen so this way we know for sure sometimes instead of all the time with No File Found when ran. Not sure if there is a script out there or something the great Devs can come up with.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ren Yates said:

While I agree something should be in place instead of No File Found. It would also make it harder if it comes back to another persons name. We would then have to try to contact the RO of the vehicle to confirm that it is supposed to be driven by the other driver. Now I can understand that some people may find it Meta that it is a stolen car just by it coming back to No File Found, but I have let some people off just because they have given a valid reason and within RP to a reason why it might not be on file. All of this will come with some time on being on the force but I feel that if we always treat the No File Found to be a stolen vehicle then thats kind of shitty for us to always know that way.

To Kind of go off of your idea. It would be cool to have a way to say maybe 10 or 25 percent of the local plates will come up stolen so this way we know for sure sometimes instead of all the time with No File Found when ran. Not sure if there is a script out there or something the great Devs can come up with.

Yeah that's true. For sure sometimes I let people get away with it with valid reason and good RP to why the registration hasn't come back to them.

And I agree with you that would be great, maybe it could be implemented with the dispatch system for when we receive reports of a vehicle being broken into. For example, vehicle with plate 13HA8SD was stolen from Strawberry Ave. We get the notification through dispatch with the plate and area it was stolen (as normal). Then later on, an officer pulls the vehicle over and when they run the plates there is a chance it can show that it was 'reported stolen from Strawberry Ave'. Therefor giving cops probable cause and reason to ask the individual to step from the car etc etc.

Again, this might not be a change that is needed but would be a nice quality of life change.

• Like 1