Car Mechanic Ideas

Comrex

So we all know there are several people that make their living as mechanics in the city. I had a thought to make fixing cars a little more advanced and realistic. This will also aid in rp when fixing vehicles and make it a fun experience. I'm wondering how difficult it would be to incorporate the same type of mechanics EMS uses to treat patients. For example, certain items do certain things to fix patients, maybe we could have certain car parts, tools, oil, etc, that fix various issues. And when we diagnose the vehicle maybe it could pop up with more info than just the condition of the engine and the body. Perhaps it says the engine oil needs to be changed, the transmission needs repair, needs a new timing belt, radiator, engine coolant, etc. And these items could be available for purchase by the mechanic instead of the generic "car parts" there is now. The possibilities are endless. Take from that what you will, but I think that would add a layer of fun and rp to car mechanics.

Edited by Comrex

While I do see you are coming from, I agree but in the same time disagree. Ever since 2.0, the scope of focus was to bring the RP to players using such mechanics, for example EMS. While a lot of people can base their RP of the mechanics, and use that to develop their own style of RP and facilitate the storyline, there is a minority that would simply stick to the same RP provided by such mechanics over and over again to a point where it’s no longer engaging, unique or entertaining. A lot of people won’t realize it but it does happen, especially with people who are new to RP. If there were no mechanics, it would give the incentive to players to RP the way they want into fixing vehicles if they truly value their mechanic RP and not let mechanics dictate the RP into being repetitive, mechanics are not dynamic. 

• Like 2