Eliminate The Tablet

TOYBOXX

13 hours ago, TOYBOXX said:

The tablet is a needless addition to the RP experience. Can we add everything that was on the tablet to the phone instead? i.e. Yellow Pages, Real Estate info, etc. 

When I first came to the city about 10 months ago, it was hard to run businesses and find out all sorts of stuff, the tablet was developed by Rizz and has truly helped all aspects of the city. If you were to join a faction like EMS or pd and etc or just find out the other uses of it; then you will see the impact it has on the city daily. 

6 minutes ago, TOYBOXX said:

I understand people's connection with the tablet, but I wasn't suggesting getting rid of the content within the tablet completely. Simply transferring it to the phone makes more sense. 

The phone would be entirely too small to use it for certain things. 

Biggest reason for the tablet is that it hosts and contains the Police and EMS Mobile Data Terminal. it does things like holds criminal records, records evidence logs etc on the police side of things.

Getting rid of the tablet would force those to once again change. Is it necessary for Civilians? maybe not for everyone, buy some civilian jobs require it, for home sales as one of those jobs. I'd personally like to see more in the tablet, a car catalog that i can lookout without going all the way to a car deal for example.

• Like 1

Yea I’m going to have to agree it’s a hard -1 for me too. I think having it on the tablet sets us apart from other servers that out all that on the phone. It’s a different experience 1 and 2 it’s become way too essential to do away with, or lose everything in a transfer to the phone which I believe is on a different process of code. It’s a great tool for RP. 

On 2/23/2021 at 10:06 PM, Walker said:

Biggest reason for the tablet is that it hosts and contains the Police and EMS Mobile Data Terminal. it does things like holds criminal records, records evidence logs etc on the police side of things.

Getting rid of the tablet would force those to once again change. Is it necessary for Civilians? maybe not for everyone, buy some civilian jobs require it, for home sales as one of those jobs. I'd personally like to see more in the tablet, a car catalog that i can lookout without going all the way to a car deal for example.

Can we get this as a suggestion 

• 3 weeks later...