Maximum Prison Time

Iann Hall

Honestly since I came into this city full-time in 2017. Times have somewhat changed, but the overall max time has not. With 2.0 being a thing and an insane re-influx of overall capacity. I really think maximum time should be increased from 45 to at least 80. This giving people an actual worry for crimes instead of knowing police will usually give a reduction if you cool or they wanna be on your good side. But while I have a character as DOC it creates short RP in prison especially with being unable to charge for crimes inside prison. If times were increased people would for one be more creative with outcomes, give DOC more reason to be around then bunch of people looking at 10, 20, or even 45 months. The city has change and I don't think fines should as people look for more time anyways, but people know max is 45. Hell I'd even go as far as removing the maximum time possible and its at officer discretion. Say criminal is lookin at 165 months. For this city its a little crazy, but another city I am apart of it isnt as fines are cheap and time with DOC is where people will evolve RP and even run into other criminals serving more/less time. Other cities I hardly see a max prison time. Like they say if you cant do the time, then dont do the crime. Or in RP be smart with criminal activities. But just like now how officer can reduce time now it still can be then, but I am rambling around. Overall, I'd love to see maximum time increased or removed. I think in todays BLRP it makes sense. 

• Like 5

If we could serve time offline or on a different character like many of these servers that allow bigger times then I could see making this change, but 45 minutes is a long time to sit in one place doing nothing. I know changes are coming to prison.. eventually.. and when those come PD already has plans in place to allow longer times in jail. But I think sending someone in for 80 minutes where they have to be logged in potentially alone with nobody to talk to or RP with is too long.

With DOC around i'd love more time because it gives you guys RP in jail, but if DOC isn't around, or if the more standard of.. DOC getting their arses kicked in prison over and over happens, it becomes annoying and a hassle too.

11 hours ago, Walker said:

If we could serve time offline or on a different character like many of these servers that allow bigger times then I could see making this change, but 45 minutes is a long time to sit in one place doing nothing. I know changes are coming to prison.. eventually.. and when those come PD already has plans in place to allow longer times in jail. But I think sending someone in for 80 minutes where they have to be logged in potentially alone with nobody to talk to or RP with is too long.

With DOC around i'd love more time because it gives you guys RP in jail, but if DOC isn't around, or if the more standard of.. DOC getting their arses kicked in prison over and over happens, it becomes annoying and a hassle too.

It's been talked about many times; and has been stated "Soon". Issue with the criminal base of the community is sheer lack of regard for 45; people don't seem to think 45 is long and painful and it has shown it's effects due to criminal activity becoming higher and gunplay overpowering the wordplay in the criminal world. Personally I'm down right now for the change, give criminals a different perspective on what they are actually looking at in-regards to time; realistically you're not going to gun down multiple cops then flee and do multiple robberies without getting a lot of time.

I remember being with Cory one time, and him telling the dude that he could've looked at 210 months with all the aggravated attempted murders if they we're stacked; his whole attitude changed at that moment. He was all about the 45 and making jokes stating, he doesn't care and so forth; and currently 60% of criminals of the largest groups or non-groups don't seem to care. Criminal activity has been on the up and up; and some groups personally have made it un fun on PD just due to the amount of crime being committed from them and other parties involved whilst being blatant about it. I know a LOT will be brought up in the community meeting on Sunday, if I'm correct; but this current criminal attitude should have some sort of harsher punishment instead of 45 as like I stated, they don't care about the months anymore from my view and work. Don't expect to do a bunch of crime, flee and do blantant stuff then when caught be like "I don't care about 45", plenty have done it and it ruins the vibe. 

Then again it is up to officer discretion depending on the situation; personally if the individual has made the situation great for all parties involved and the depth behind was good; then I'm down to lower it. Some officers may not be that way, but oh well. 

TLDR; 

Up time good, criminal activity base doesn't care about 45 and has made that blatant; the officer should have discretion if they want to discount time.

12 hours ago, Sgt. Jax said:

Without going into details, this is something that is actively in the works, stay tuned. 

With going into details, criminals will be treated like criminals ?

On a serious note, changes are coming and it will be good for all parties involved, whether criminal, police, corrections and DOJ. Very exciting stuff coming and also dare I say very needed :D

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...