Vehicle Recovery

I've just had a situation where my vehicle entered water far too deep to recover, and the tow truck we called was unfortunately lost aswell..
In my old city we were able to recover our lost/unrecoverable vehicles at the impound for a fee, and maybe that could be a solution here? Having to wait til the next restart kind of sucks when you only have one vehicle etc. etc.

While I can see the hassle and point of this, I do not agree with making such a change. A vehicle is a valuable asset that should be treated as one. To make a change like this would take away from the importance of protecting your car from being destroyed like so. It is one thing to impound a vehicle, but its a completely other thing to total a car. 

My suggestion would be to perhaps ask around on twitter or something to see if anyone is willing to rent out a vehicle.

Edited by Paul Bell
  • Like 2

I actually have bought a sub as a tow truck driver for this exact thing. of course its limited now to when im in city, but if/ when business applications open up, i have an application im putting in to try to implemetn a lot of the tow/ recovery ideas ive had, and to officially hire people and hopefully get more than just me the ability to pull my tow fleet out.

On 4/18/2021 at 9:13 PM, Paul Bell said:

While I can see the hassle and point of this, I do not agree with making such a change. A vehicle is a valuable asset that should be treated as one. To make a change like this would take away from the importance of protecting your car from being destroyed like so. It is one thing to impound a vehicle, but its a completely other thing to total a car. 

My suggestion would be to perhaps ask around on twitter or something to see if anyone is willing to rent out a vehicle.

I agree that a vehicle is a valuable asset and should be treated as one, however, when your vehicle is your means of making a living, and it just *poofs* while you are driving it, I think there should be something in place, as the citizen has no control over when aliens will decide to yoink their vehicle.