Illegal gun store requiring a gun license to buy an illegal gun

Hey so as some of you may know from experience that you still have to have a gun license to guy buy an illegal registered gun from a certain gun store. In my mind it doesn't make much sense and kind of reminds me when PD had a bit to much power back in the day and could completely block someone's ability to purchase a gun and to use in RP. At this point I feel like the server is in a good enough place to lift that restriction for purchasing a illegal unregistered gun at the illegal gun store.   

Edited by Randy Jones
Misspelling
  • Like 2

• Randy Jones changed the title to Illegal gun store requiring a gun license to buy an illegal gun

I mean true but at the same time it's an unregistered gun. IRL someone selling something like that couldn't care less about taking your ID and checking if you have a license to purchase the already illegal gun. There are already plenty of things that require going through different groups. 

Edited by Randy Jones
  • Like 1

Why not just move the guns at the illegal gun store to a shady crafting. No buying it. But open to everyone to craft if they can find the location for it. Vs depending on a gang to sell them. As personally I see those firearms as lower tier illegal guns. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Kota Taylor said:

Why not just move the guns at the illegal gun store to a shady crafting. No buying it. But open to everyone to craft if they can find the location for it. Vs depending on a gang to sell them. As personally I see those firearms as lower tier illegal guns. 

That's the best solution 

• Like 1

I'd like to see the 'Illegal Gun Store' items less easily attainable. Having them be craft able is a good idea, ensuring players have to actual commit to wanting the item and not just buying one just to get one as right now they are so easily accessible. Either they can find the materials to craft them (wouldn't make it too hard) or purchase them from people selling them. 

I'm sure more discussion should be had on this to find a good balance/theory craft ideas. 

+1 

5 hours ago, Kota Taylor said:

Genius +1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Kota hit it in the head with this one, and too be completely real; after being in PD since January, I've never once had a single person be seen at the store as-well-as other officers in-general.

Personally I'd think a illegal gun store should be like a drug location; it should move around and be shutdown and so forth just like a location would to stop the flow of illegal drugs but now in place of illegal weapons. I don't think crafting should always be a thing but a counter balance to the gun-store moving, thinking about a real-life sense is that things move as-well-as people; maybe a switch between the illegal gun-store moving into other areas like the different parts of the city and then when it gets shutdown then, the crafting option opens up just like a real life scenario would be nice.

Edited by Rylan Amos

I get everyone wanting to be all super grindy and shit and have to figure out if X=y then z=mc2. As something as little as the illegal gun store I do not think you should make it super grindy and super hard to find like that unless more illegal weapons were added to it. As it stand there is only one illegal firearm in the illegal gun store and grinding for information just to be able to get that low tier illegal firearm does not seem like fun to me personally at least. 

Edited by Randy Jones
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Randy Jones said:

I get everyone wanting to be all super grindy and shit and have to figure out if X=y then z=mc2. As something as little as the illegal gun store I do not think you should make it super grindy and super hard to find like that unless more illegal weapons were added to it. As it stand there is only one illegal firearm in the illegal gun store and grinding for information just to be able to get that low tier illegal firearm does not seem like fun to me personally at least. 

Ah makes sense, too move it then; I don't play criminal really like I used to when I first came to the community (Maybe like once or twice a month). Moving it to a crafting area seems more beneficial and can lead to more RP interaction between players if sold.

On 4/29/2021 at 9:36 AM, Randy Jones said:

To be fair shady crafting is located on the map.

• Like 1