Gang Hideout Wars

Would it be possible to make it that you can go to war against a gangs hideout to take control of there hideout. If defending gang wins they keep there hideout if they loss they loss the hideout and gives it to the other gang.

Both parties will set a day convenient for the both of them. It can only be done once a month. If one team fails to show without a reason automatic loss. Or on judgement of attacking team. 

Example: The Lost want AoD's hideout. The Lost will go and tell AoD that they want there place. They then make a time and date. If The Lost Wins they then forfeit there old hideout and take over AoD's current hideout with everything still in side.

Please tell me if this is a good idea or not and explain why or why not.

• Like 2

Not the biggest fan of this, While the overall idea is good one aspect that you might not realize is this. Aces and Eights for example custom built their location that is a lot of IRL time and effort put into that spot. Now I don't speak for them on this. However as for my club The LOST MC and Mojito a good chunk of IRL cash and development be it coding or map edits went into customizing it to our liking. I am not sure I would want to just give it up. There were many months of hard work to get our spot up north in and out of city and to lose it over a 10 min gang fight would piss me off tbh. 

Edited by Kota Taylor
  • Like 5

I agree with Kota on the Hide outs , but if it was combined into say "turf wars " where the map was sectioned into say locations and a place within that section to defend / attack or you would lose that section of turf ... but also you would have to consider the coding for that to work too, so something to think about in the future maybe :)

• Like 2

Heavily disagree with this. Turf should not be implemented by server mechanics, it should be through RP and activity. I see a lot of groups "claim turf" but almost none of them actually hang out there to defend it and prevent other people from moving in and selling drugs there. If you want to control a turf put in the work. That means hang out there, defend it, make constructive RP there. Also, like Kota said, a lot of those areas are custom made, it just doesnt make sense.

Edited by Coach
  • Like 1

I would like to Thank Kota, Carl, and Coach for there reply. Hopefully this makes sense. I also want to state either way it's still a good server. Also thank you for the civil conversation on this topic.

I definitely agree it wouldn't be a thing that happens over night. I would also agree with it being more of a turf war/hideout war. It's something that happens more often then people think gangs fight for there turf IRL. With this being a more serious RP server. I feel it should be more real where you can lose what you have worked for even if you put IRL money into it. I also feel it would introduce a lot of new RP with the changing of areas of gang. IRL gang move around all the time to keep the cops off of them they don't sit in the same spot for years. It will bring more creativity in how gun fights are engaged. People will also have more  of a tendencies to be afraid of the winning gang. It would also give an incentive to keep there turf due to people could just take it all away. It would bring a more tactical approach because they would lose more then just there inventory on them but the inventory in there clubhouse. Because people will care if they die.

This is just a little back ground on why I feel it should be this way. Because I also know the feeling of having something taken away from you when you worked hard to have your gangs name associated with a area and be denied. Just to have a gang of 2 people to take it. Who never had there name associated to that area.

There's not enough Gang vs Gang situations. Why? There's honestly nothing to lose or gain in the matter at the moment, with the exception of robbing all the downed individuals and stealing what's on them. I think the ONLY way this should be possible is with coding. 

Example:

Gangs get there hideouts, or "main turf". As Kota said, a lot of IRL time was put into this, and you know what, they should keep those. They 100% earned it, and personally as an outsider who hasn't been in most of them, its pretty cool tbh that I can't access those areas, always with the question, "what goes on in there" lol. 

However,

Event Turf Wars with coded support of course I think would be pretty cool too. Gang vs Gang with a reason, and cause. Locations that are NOT marked on the map and that are not apart of the hide outs can be CLAIMED by gangs. Not just any gangs, ESTABLISHED gangs. These locations provide those gangs with a reward, rewards can come down to shipments of weapon parts, weapons, drug ingredients, drugs, money, a vehicle, idk. I'm trying to add a positive to the request and that's all I could think of outside of using RP. 

I will stand by the others and -1 for HIDEOUTS to be able to be taken over and that should be through RP as in the original owners, designers, etc. Should provide that RP Choice, but setting up ground rules of a war, and having there own "winner" terms. If that makes sense. 

Edited by vDrop