Lockpicks for Tow drivers.

Hello, i have been running a tow business in game for a while now, and just realized something. Since ive been towing us tow drivers have had to use lockpicks on occasion to unlock cars, to sit in them so we can load them onto flat bed. Previously we could pick up lockpicks at the black market, but now with illegal locations being hidden, and moved, us tow drivers are in a predicament. If we cant load a car, we have no current workaround without finding out a place/ person to buy our tools from. I fell like there should be a legal way for us to get hte tools we need, or another way of unlocking cars/ loading up cars if they dont initially load up. Unless there is something i have completely overlooked, or missed. Thanks fopr your time in looking, and would appreciate feedback on the idea.

I see your point. I guess, for now, you might need to go through the hard way of either finding it or looking for someone who can sell it to you. Here's the massive deal breaker though: tools that allow Tow Truck drivers the feature of unlocking cars can be severely abused. It can facilitate illegal activities without the risky outcome, as you're allegedly a Tow Truck Driver. The only viable way of working around this issue is making the Tow Truck Job whitelisted. That's my personal standpoint though! 

• Like 2

I have many times had PD let me keep my lock picks while working mechanic/tow.  Because I explain they are 'slim jims' which are emergency tools used by a lot of tow companies. If you roleplay it.  A lot of cops will respect it if you are working mechanic/tow at the time or known worker.

To be completely honest.  MOST people (specially cops) understand that tow truck drives sometimes NEED lockpicks to move vehicles.

Now I do not believe there should be a mechanic that just lets tow drivers unlock cars.  No.  Use lockpicks.  You can still find them in city.   I do wish there was perhaps a re-labeled lockpick only usable when clocked in on tow.  But that is just nit picking.

Edited by BlackMagic0
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BlackMagic0 said:

I have many times had PD let me keep my lock picks while working mechanic/tow.  Because I explain they are 'slim jims' which are emergency tools used by a lot of tow companies. If you roleplay it.  A lot of cops will respect it if you are working mechanic/tow at the time or known worker.

To be completely honest.  MOST people (specially cops) understand that tow truck drives sometimes NEED lockpicks to move vehicles.

Now I do not believe there should be a mechanic that just lets tow drivers unlock cars.  No.  Use lockpicks.  You can still find them in city.   I do wish there was perhaps a re-labeled lockpick only usable when clocked in on tow.  But that is just nit picking.

This i  actually exactly what I meant ultimately. Having a legal way to obtain something for tow drivers to use.

3 hours ago, Randy Jones said:

I mean or just change it so you can load locked cars and impound them 

Not sure if this is the case, but I think it has to do with the car registering/ syncing up. In order to sync the car up for the tow driver, the tow driver has to sit in the driver's seat. I think most of the terminology that is used comes from what people have used as an in character way of saying things.