Ephedrine Expansion

MJ.

Meth is obviously one of the most produced drugs in the city as well one of the easiest, and by now most everyone knows where the new location is for Ephedrine. I say make Ephedrine like any other drug location (MDMA, Heroin, LSD, PCP), where you have to find the ingredients to actually make Ephedrine, then once you do that, then obviously go about getting the rest of the products to make Meth. Ephedrine is made from fermented yeast and a chemical called "Benzaldehyde" and a bunch of other big words I cant pronounce (yes, I googled it). 

So for example, to make ephedrine you have to find around the city: fermented yeast, benzaldehyde, and pill capsules. Then go to a certain area to actually make ephedrine. 

Or possibly use the yeast that is used to make wine, to make ephedrine. It will give the opportunity to have something legal to make either legal (wine) or illegal items (ephedrine).

Think about it. ;)

Edited by MJ High
  • Like 1

+1

Ephedrine is made using a yeast fermentation process, Ephedra is the plant it comes from that contains ephedrine alkaloids. With that being said in other countries it has been seen being used on "Farming" for the plant, and using it in the fermentation process. Personally I think the creation of drugs is too boring and there should be more to it then sitting and waiting for your pockets to fill up. Maybe make the fermentation process like the "Old Cocaine stuff" or the planting like the old Marijuana plants.

Edited by Amberlyn Noelle Amos

-1  .. there are many drug processes to do ... weed being the easiest and other drugs to work up to. if your a newer person in the city and you want to be a criminal, then weed is the first point of call. then you make enough money to buy the "vehicle" to progress onto the other drugs. To make meth there is actually already a number of processes in place to make it equal to the other drugs ( PCP, LSD, MDMA, Heroin). if you make meth a more complicated process than it already is, you would have to increase the price and then in turn increase the price of the more complicated drugs to do. That in turn would increase the economy, making everything more expensive than it needs to be.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Carl Berg said:

-1  .. there are many drug processes to do ... weed being the easiest and other drugs to work up to. if your a newer person in the city and you want to be a criminal, then weed is the first point of call. then you make enough money to buy the "vehicle" to progress onto the other drugs. To make meth there is actually already a number of processes in place to make it equal to the other drugs ( PCP, LSD, MDMA, Heroin). if you make meth a more complicated process than it already is, you would have to increase the price and then in turn increase the price of the more complicated drugs to do. That in turn would increase the economy, making everything more expensive than it needs to be.

Carl is correct, after figuring out most of the processes myself. I do agree it would effect economy, currently I've been looking from both sides and as of now I believe the economy is great. Not going to go in detail on numbers but I don't think we can; get any better then right now.

Effecting one product will effect all products.

Edited by Amberlyn Noelle Amos
  • Like 1

+/-1

I think the reason there should be at least one drug easily accessible and able to be created to bring newer players into the criminal side. Not only that but changing the process and the time it takes/resources needed will raise the selling point and in turn mess with the economy of other drugs (As Carl mentioned above).

I am all for making drugs a 'deeper' process and I do like the idea you brought forward, right now I feel like the way drugs work in the city, Meth is in a good place already and any change could bring adverse effects to others in more ways than one. Maybe the only thing I would like to see changed is the way you 'cook' it, not just a mobile kit but if you find certain resources and equipment you could assemble a lab in your own area around the map.

Edited by tay
Correction
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Carl Berg said:

You wouldn't increase the price at all. Meth already has a huge profit. Literally make 50k in a hour. It's entirely too easy. It's just expanding it, so you actually have to work to get a profit. Level the playing field. 

16 minutes ago, MJ High said:

You wouldn't increase the price at all. Meth already has a huge profit. Literally make 50k in a hour. It's entirely too easy. It's just expanding it, so you actually have to work to get a profit. Level the playing field. 

Meth doesnt make close to 50K an hour, even tho I do agree with maybe changing a little how to make it that statement is completely 100% wrong.

Just now, ZaxxYs said:

Meth doesnt make close to 50K an hour, even tho I do agree with maybe changing a little how to make it that statement is completely 100% wrong.

I literally made 50k in 1.5 hours yesterday doing Meth on my criminal character. 

Just now, MJ High said:

I literally made 50k in 1.5 hours yesterday doing Meth on my criminal character. 

1.5 is not 1, and its still wrong. Meth sells for around 230-250, if you get super lucky and sell for an average of 250 which is unrealistic you would make 50k out of 200 baggies. Getting supplies and cooking 200 baggies alone is more than an hour, leave alone the time it takes you to sell all 200. So no, I personally do not agree with that.

5 hours ago, tay said:

+/-1

I think the reason there should be at least one drug easily accessible and able to be created to bring newer players into the criminal side. Not only that but changing the process and the time it takes/resources needed will raise the selling point and in turn mess with the economy of other drugs (As Carl mentioned above).

I am all for making drugs a 'deeper' process and I do like the idea you brought forward, right now I feel like the way drugs work in the city, Meth is in a good place already and any change could bring adverse effects to others in more ways than one. Maybe the only thing I would like to see changed is the way you 'cook' it, not just a mobile kit but if you find certain resources and equipment you could assemble a lab in your own area around the map.

Now this is a fantastic idea. I agree with making the process a bit more entertaining. I also believe that some drugs should get a little of a pay increase just because of the new process you have to go through to get them now. Its no longer a simple process to just go and pick them up. My character has found all ingredients and lab for this specific drug and he has not been able to make a single one because he cant figure out how to pick the ingredients up. But im a big +1 for making meth a bit different. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tay said:

+/-1

i 1 up this amazing idea i would love to see made a reality

Edited by LeikSB
  • Like 1

I'm a 50/50 here. I don't mind the process of cooking it, I just wish there was more to the cooking process itself. Rather than just sitting there doing nothing. It would be nice for it to be riskier. Selling is pretty easy. Not too difficult. 

My crim doesn't even waste his time doing drugs.... Making and selling drugs is hands down the best way to not RP. I would rather just leave it the way it is. 

Increasing the work load for drugs that already don't pay that much just draws people away from it. 

Edited by Razec
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Razec said:

My crim doesn't even waste his time doing drugs.... Making and selling drugs is hands down the best way to not RP. I would rather just leave it the way it is. 

Increasing the work load for drugs that already don't pay that much just draws people away from it. 

Doesn't pay much? Make more in an hour selling drugs then the highest paid PD member does in an hour. It's too easy to make that money. People wonder why these new people come into the city and they already have super cars within the first 2 weeks of being in the city... its because they grind meth. 

The big argument here is that if you make it more grindy, it's better for them to farm gold or something legal. I think it's perfectly balanced. They need the money to buy their weapons (it's expensive) and tools to provide us with the robberies and such. It's a system. I don't think there's a problem. 

22 hours ago, Richie Jax said:

you can 100% make 50k in an hour selling meth. Granted this doesnt count for cook time but still, you can. 

Yeah of course, you can sell 300 meth in an hour if you literally sell non-stop and the meth magically appears in your pocket. XD

10 hours ago, MJ High said:

Doesn't pay much? Make more in an hour selling drugs then the highest paid PD member does in an hour. It's too easy to make that money. People wonder why these new people come into the city and they already have super cars within the first 2 weeks of being in the city... its because they grind meth. 

In my honest opinion drugs should give more profit than the highest PD member does. I will quote ALOT of you on this "its that way in real life". And would also add that in game mechanics you take alot more risks making and selling drugs than working on PD which is straight up just fun as hell. So in my opinion its fine the way it is.

4 minutes ago, ZaxxYs said:

In my honest opinion drugs should give more profit than the highest PD member does. I will quote ALOT of you on this "its that way in real life". And would also add that in game mechanics you take alot more risks making and selling drugs than working on PD which is straight up just fun as hell. So in my opinion its fine the way it is.

True the risk vs reward is good as it is and at the end of the day its up to the PD if they respond to calls regarding someone selling the drugs or if they wanna just disregard that call.