Unlicensed Practitioner

This is just an idea, but what would the possibility of an unlicensed practitioner? This would be where someone could do some basic medical precedes outside of the eyes of EMS. This is more of an idea to service those that may have a outstanding warrant on them, but still need the medical aid.

I don't think something like this should be a replacement for the full heal that the hospital can give, or any major surgeries. I think it would just be a fun RP idea that someone could get sutured up or a bullet removed by someone that isn't licensed. It could even get to the point someone has some quack procedure room in the back of their house/business.

• Like 3

EMS is a completely neutral faction even if you specify to us that you are a criminal we are not obligated too inform nor call PD at all. Even if an officer comes into the hospital and enquires about a patient we have specific confidentiallity rules to stop any discussion about a patient. If it's Pillbox you are worried about we have a hospital up in sandy too, just give EMS a call and we will come up too sandy for sure. I understand where you are coming from but EMS is here too help, not get you arrested! :P

Personally, I love the idea of a illegal practicioner. I think it opens doors for potentially new medical RP, such as being able to extract and sell kidneys or other vital organs and, therefore, bringing more interactions towards EMS, like patients having constant black outs or "half health" due to lacking of organs. 

Edited by Razec

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/27/2021 at 9:55 AM, Violet Thornberry said:

EMS is a completely neutral faction even if you specify to us that you are a criminal we are not obligated too inform nor call PD at all. Even if an officer comes into the hospital and enquires about a patient we have specific confidentiallity rules to stop any discussion about a patient. If it's Pillbox you are worried about we have a hospital up in sandy too, just give EMS a call and we will come up too sandy for sure. I understand where you are coming from but EMS is here too help, not get you arrested! :P

Yeah but no, if you just got out of an active scene and a shootout with PD if you go to Pillbox you will get caught because you are in the most patrolled area in the whole city. If you go to Sandy Hospital you are literally door to door with the PD department, and if you go to Paletto Hospital you will get shot by the Lost. So I think that some sort of illegal medical services would be a great addition. 

• Like 1

That might be an interesting rank for EMS, having some way to clock-in as an "off-the-books" doctor at some undisclosed location away from prying eyes. I'm imagining the Veterinarian from Better Call Saul. Not sure how any of it would work mechanically. I feel like if there was a black market version of Nurse Nancy somewhere other than the hospitals, she'd have to be insanely expensive to balance things out...

The RP reasoning is valid, but the logistics server-wise seems a bit tough to implement stuff like that. Does calling EMS to your location, rather than heading to the hospital help keep the anonymity at all?

Edited by Yama

• 1 month later...