New Elgin Mechanic

Do I need to say more then this video can provide? I personally don't have the time with Iann to create a business application, but if someone does then by all means. But this being public would be nice, but ofc would bring it as a possible hang out location which we try to avoid. 

Definitely should be privately owned, it looks great.

I'd personally say add it, and see where the RP goes. Eventually "hopefully" a group will take it over and provide a beginning to new people in the city. Maybe if some groups want to go at it for the spot, then so be it

If this were 100 percent public, I feel it won't serve proper rp justice. 

Lei it sit and simmer, and eventually whomever gets the keys, will hopefully make a good avenue for rp.

Edit:

I will state Elgin is Elgin, it's always been a hotspot for activities. It's used constantly for kidnapping new players or just general annoyance at points. If added, and privately owned I feel it will, help the newer players be more creative with their startup instead of just grinding mechanic for a good car then doing what they want.

It's about the RP, and story and a lot of new people just don't seem to realize what they are doing is simply killing the beginning and fun first few beginning weeks in the server from my perspective.

Edited by Amberlyn Noelle Amos

Love the MLO but at the same time, Elgin is Elgin. I feel like having it open is great for new players to come in and get involved with the people around the city through the huge amount of interactions gained from working there. I would like to see more privately owned mechanic shops but honestly not for Elgin. 

But if it does become privately owned, I'd love to see the owners taking a % of whatever the occupier makes throughout their shift there. Maybe be a small upfront cost to the shops owner for however long you want to work there, then once your time is up you give 15% of the money you make from the day. Nice passive income for the owners, RP value in working there :D

I agree with you all on this. Privately owned and they can hire people that should be willing not to just to mechanic work but help out community. Willing to provide great mechanic RP... hell maybe even a car wont be done with x% of damage for x amount of time. Not just a "I need a repair" "It's 500" As one of the only basic interactions. I am guilty of it, but mechanics now are quiet. I digress through... But if someone is ever interested in this MLO and business plan is approved then I am completely behind purchasing for the idea. Again, I would try this plan in a heart beat. So, I stand behind who might. 

• Like 1

I think having it privately owned + allowing new people in the city to work there would spike interactions at Elgin. Personally, I feel Elgin is a little dry, and the design isn't a "Wow" factor. With the model from the video, I feel like many people would be attracted to this place and want to be there. If I saw this before, I would've 100% applied for it as I love the design of it. Updating Elgin would change the city for the better, and RP could be way more fun there. 100% vouch for this to be added.