Memory loss after getting down/killed

Naja

Can we get this rule changed? I've noticed quite a few people choosing not to forget when they are down or killed in order to get revenge. This actually happened to a couple of my crew where a guy reached for his gun and my guy got him down, he used F6 to check his ID then after 20min him and his buddy found my guys and confirmed identity by again pressing F6 and kidnap them and killed them out of revenge. I think a lot of people are exploiting this in order to act on revenge. This is not a report is a suggestion to enforce that EVERYONE in the server that goes down or eventually had to respawn HAS to loose memory, like if your down you loose the last 15 minutes and if you don't get rescued you loose 30 minutes or even an hour.

If they arent going to follow the most basic rules of not pressing f6 to meta somebodys player ID then i dont think they will follow a memory loss rule. If you havent, i hope you file a report so they don't continue to do it. I somewhat agree with the idea. The way I think it should work is not based on time, but scenario. Should be able to remember how you got downed (stabbed, shot, ran over, etc.) but not who did it.

• Like 5

I wasnt involved so im not reporting it, i think they are though. And yeah i would be great, you have some idea what happened but not who did it to you. The fact that you can choose not to forget is easily exploitable.

1 minute ago, ZaxxYs said:

This is not an issue of memory loss rule its more an issue of these guys meta gaming using F6. Sad to hear. 

Yeah cause my guys change clothes and masks but kept the car but if they didnt had memory they would not go after my guys for revenge as they would not remember who had done it.

I suggested this a year ago I believe, but I personally love the idea of Memory Loss, especially if you have to respawn from a situation. You should forget the 10-15 minutes prior to needing to respawn. If EMS picks you up, depending on how severe your injuries, you should forget up to 5 minutes or something. 

I've played on a server with this rule and it actually make things more exciting. You have to make sure you're texting your friends/associates details more often so there is proof of things that have happened so you can try to remember things. 

I could be down with the, my question would be how would this effect Police and Criminal scenarios?

Lets say for example, I get shot down by Jack (just a random name) but am rescued by another Officer who arrives on scene and scares Jack away... do I just forget that Jack shot me? If the second Officer on scene did not actually see Jack shoot me then Jack would just get away with attempted murder every time he shot a cop and no one else was around to see it. Obviously I understand if I am required to take a life flight by the local EMS then I lose the memory of what happened. 

Forcing Memory Loss is forcing a condition on someone's roleplay. There have been multiple occasions where Memory Loss in itself could've been damaging towards the overall RP experience. People need to have the right to choose. It's not up to us to interfere. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Razec said:

Forcing Memory Loss is forcing a condition on someone's roleplay. There have been multiple occasions where Memory Loss in itself could've been damaging towards the overall RP experience. People need to have the right to choose. It's not up to us to interfere. 

But that exploitable, people used as they please.

Memory loss is not something I'm in favor of. I've been around the FiveMosphere quite a bit in my time, and not having memory loss over here on BL is certainly an exception to the norm. However, the fact that having to "respawn" doesn't have a lasting impact on your character is, for better or for worse, more conducive to an overarching character storyline.

In addition, if memory loss upon "respawn" is introduced, people will 100% "ruleplay" the hell out of it, killing people for shits and giggles, holding EMS at bay for the entire hour if they need to, and whining if their actions end up having consequences even though they did everything "correctly." It's a slippery slope to people powergaming to get their way and remain untouchable.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Razec said:

1 hour ago, Storrent said:

Memory loss is not something I'm in favor of. I've been around the FiveMosphere quite a bit in my time, and not having memory loss over here on BL is certainly an exception to the norm. However, the fact that having to "respawn" doesn't have a lasting impact on your character is, for better or for worse, more conducive to an overarching character storyline.

In addition, if memory loss upon "respawn" is introduced, people will 100% "ruleplay" the hell out of it, killing people for shits and giggles, holding EMS at bay for the entire hour if they need to, and whining if their actions end up having consequences even though they did everything "correctly." It's a slippery slope to people powergaming to get their way and remain untouchable.

Both these guys got it right. However for the OP, recommend suggesting friends to put in a player report for Meta Gaming, because that's unfortunately what happened. There's already a rule in play which is no meta gaming, therefore the offenders in this situation broke that rule imo based on what you've provided here in the post. Fact of the matter is, they wouldn't have known it was yours friend if they didn't break the meta gaming rule, which sounds like they did. But to stay on topic of memory loss. Storrent and Razec have the best points in why memory loss is a bad idea. 

• Like 1

Just to give more insight into this. Your friends were not F6'd for Meta Gaming purposes. They were F6'd to grab their id's because they broke character when they were held up. Maybe it's because they were upset that they shot down a gang member and not expect retaliation?? 

So that draws the question, how did we know it was them if they changed their clothes?? Well they were driving the same car which was pretty distinctive might I add and the individual had the same stuff he stole off one of our gang members thus we knew it was them. So that's the story sir :)

In another light, I feel as if forcing people to not remember things because they went down should not be a thing. It should be left up to the player and the RP he/she decides to go with. 

• Like 1

It's common sense, on whether you should role-play out you're injuries. I try to do it best on where I PHYSICALLY see the bullet hit me on my screen; this might not always be the case for me and etc. 

Obviously, if you had to respawn due to no EMS and etc; then of course you would lose those memories. Not all of them of-course, but just the interaction within said scene itself. It's not a rule persay, but a good rule of thumb to think about. 

Other then that, Storrent and Razec has PERFECTLY explained their views and I completely agree.

• Like 1

To me, memory loss means that people will think more about situations and maybe value their life even more. You don't want to forget things, so you don't want to go down. I don't look at it as "forcing" a condition on someone. I think it's more like getting hurt has actual repercussions. That's just how I feel though.

22 hours ago, Jason Diaz said:

Just to give more insight into this. Your friends were not F6'd for Meta Gaming purposes. They were F6'd to grab their id's because they broke character when they were held up. Maybe it's because they were upset that they shot down a gang member and not expect retaliation?? 

So that draws the question, how did we know it was them if they changed their clothes?? Well they were driving the same car which was pretty distinctive might I add and the individual had the same stuff he stole off one of our gang members thus we knew it was them. So that's the story sir :)

In another light, I feel as if forcing people to not remember things because they went down should not be a thing. It should be left up to the player and the RP he/she decides to go with. 

The way i told the guy chopping cars was bypassing my guy all the time not letting do anything then it looked like he was pulling a gun so my guy shot him...seems legit to me, as for the car half the cars in this city are stolen that was not enough proof to kidnap some1 but whatever i wasnt involved, im just the memory loss to be i thing...at this point today ive been a victim of just that, it breaks immersion people will use for their own benefit. Like the guy shot at chop shop could have decided to forget but for his own benefit he decided not too. All started with him, if he waited for his turn instead of powering through things would have been different, but look this is not an argument ok im just trying to implement memory loss i think it would be better, dont take my words as an attack which they are not.

• 2 weeks later...

We will not be moving forward with a rule change regarding memory at this time. Forced memory loss creates situations with downed players needing to sit doing nothing while players try to force the respawn, medics unable to do their job, and a blanket rule does not make sense for all types of injuries.

While there is no force memory loss rule in this server, players are more than welcome to rp out memory loss when it makes sense to them.