LSPD Boat Patrol! Coast Guard!

I would like to  bring up and Idea for the LSPD. I've noticed a lot of times people have been fleeing to the ocean. I feel like the beach and the water areas need more life. I would like to bring up the Idea to bring in another job within the LSPD or make it its own job like Coast Guard. With drugs and guns being smuggled into the city I think this these areas can have great interactions. Would people of BadLandsRP like to see a Boat patrol or Coast Guard? Maybe have a certain population in the city in order for a boat patrol.  I think we have everything covered except the ocean. Please give me feed backs on this idea, or any idea you have.

I don't see waterborne crimes being nearly prevalent enough for a dedicated marine unit within the department. As it stands, the deployment of the boat is fine as a reactive measure, especially since there's not much proactivity to be done by a marine unit in the first place. Maybe if the Port of Los Santos or Alamo Sea suddenly become important parts of the state, but there are better uses of department resources as it stands.

• Like 1

maybe they can do something where every now and then, a shipment of illegals comes into the port and people have to find them? something like that would make people go down there more, maybe even make it so the illegals don't always end up on a boat, but falls off in the ocean and you have to dive to find it? Would incline people to dive for more reasons.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2021 at 9:43 PM, Storrent said:

I don't see waterborne crimes being nearly prevalent enough for a dedicated marine unit within the department. As it stands, the deployment of the boat is fine as a reactive measure, especially since there's not much proactivity to be done by a marine unit in the first place. Maybe if the Port of Los Santos or Alamo Sea suddenly become important parts of the state, but there are better uses of department resources as it stands.

Maybe if we add in illegal baby turtle and baby shark fishing.  The Coast Guard can go after them.  ?

• Like 1

I think people need to stop using the ocean. With the exception of those that go into the water, and make it clear there going to the big boat. Most and....I mean MOST of the time. Its cheesy escapes with scuba gear. I'd rather cheese be avoided. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vDrop said:

I think people need to stop using the ocean. With the exception of those that go into the water, and make it clear there going to the big boat. Most and....I mean MOST of the time. Its cheesy escapes with scuba gear. I'd rather cheese be avoided. 

What about ditching the illegal stuff and just form rp that canbe done on the beach like how we had that community event on the beach and there was fire works. or make fishing better at  the docks. near great ocean hwy.  

On 6/8/2021 at 10:36 PM, Jim Carrey said:

I would like to  bring up and Idea for the LSPD. I've noticed a lot of times people have been fleeing to the ocean. I feel like the beach and the water areas need more life. I would like to bring up the Idea to bring in another job within the LSPD or make it its own job like Coast Guard. With drugs and guns being smuggled into the city I think this these areas can have great interactions. Would people of BadLandsRP like to see a Boat patrol or Coast Guard? Maybe have a certain population in the city in order for a boat patrol.  I think we have everything covered except the ocean. Please give me feed backs on this idea, or any idea you have.

My response was based on your Original Post which was about fleeing into to the ocean and having a coast guard for it. I don't have a specific response for QoL Beach/Ocean, sorry =(

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Recently been thinking about this thread,

the other day I was watching some NoPixel and realized people were able to rob the yacht in the ocean. I think this along side many other new robbery ideas would be cool to have. Robbing the yacht would be able to allow PD Boat Patrol + be stationed specifically around this area. There could be boat chases, boarding parties, etc for PD, + give Crims new ideas to evaluate certain situations.

• Like 1