Heavy Pistols should not just be used whenever they want and down graded.

Almost every cop that I ever have a run in with always uses a heavy pistol that 6 shot downs people, but our normal pistols such as mk2 need like 8-10 to get rid of armor before even penetrating the flesh, and the deagle aswell, the deagle needs like 6-8 shots to down someone. I think cops should have a down grade on the heavy pistol, to 8/9 shots to down someone, I cant even have a full on gunfight before im downed instantly because of the heavy pistol.

Edited by unknowN_TM
  • Like 5
  • Confused 2

Unless things have changed since i tested last.
The Combat pistol = Pistol
Heavy Pistol = Mk 2

Combat takes ~10-12 shots to down someone full armor.
Heavy Pistol takes ~7-8 shots to down someone from full armor.

Deagle is closer to 4-5 i think? Also has a higher chance to make someone bleed, commonly i get hit once lightly and am already bleeding.

We did some testing on this but it was like 2 months ago now so it might be outdated.

Food for thought
Alot of cops get a TON of practice with pistols so it's possible that your shots just aren't connecting.

• Like 2

The heavy pistol is rank-restricted and is not permitted for use by every officer in the LSPD. Furthermore, the .50 rounds of the desert eagle do outclass the .45 APC of the heavy pistol. Practice makes perfect, and raw damage isn't everything in a gunfight. Have you tried outplaying the opponent instead of relying on outgunning them?

Most cops have that rank that they can pull out those rank-restricted deagles, its just stupid that they use them all the time on scenes, I legit cannot get into a fun gunfight unless im in a really secure postion. Like not long ago I shot down a bunch of cops to save my friends, they all had heavy-pistols except for 1 cop that chased me in the start, but the last cop I had to shoot down was using a Carbon Rifle while I was using a MK2 Pistol.

"they all had heavy-pistols except for 1 cop that chased me in the start, but the last cop I had to shoot down was using a Carbon Rifle while I was using a MK2 Pistol."

So. 5-1 and you still won the fight? I'm confused as to the problem. Numbers wise the Mk 2 and the Heavy are virtually identical. If you're losing a 5-1 fight then perhaps you shouldn't take on five people at once. On the other hand, you just said if you think about the fight for a few seconds to minutes beforehand you can come out on top.

22 minutes ago, Storrent said:

The heavy pistol is rank-restricted and is not permitted for use by every officer in the LSPD. Furthermore, the .50 rounds of the desert eagle do outclass the .45 APC of the heavy pistol. Practice makes perfect, and raw damage isn't everything in a gunfight. Have you tried outplaying the opponent instead of relying on outgunning them?

It may be rank-restricted yes, but since most cops in the city are the required rank him stating "Most cops" is actually valid. The *Heavy* Pistol does actually deal more damage than the normal pistol or mk2. Further more I think the use of the Heavy pistol should be restricted even more as it's power play. Roleplay should be fun for both parties. If the criminals are using a class 3 then sure, use the heavy pistol or the SMG, but don't use the Heavy pistol as standard option. This was an issue back in 2018 when cops were way to powerful and is slowly becoming an issue again. I see it as a cop and I see it as a criminal. As a criminal I go for the purpose of getting caught and not winning, but ffs it's getting annoying when cops that already have great accuracy also start using extremely overpowered weapons.
Also "outplaying instead of outgunning" isn't really an option here as he is clearly talking about gunfights.

Anyways I'm not trying to start a fight, just stating a fact. Cops should be mindful of their position within the city and RP and not relay on heavy weapons all the time.

• Like 2

If you're saying restrict it more, then no. 

It's not about the gun fights here, bud. It's about the person using it, you can do a lot with a weapon it's called using what you know, your surroundings, and what you have to your advantage.

I'm being brutally honest, but the city has been turning to more guns day by day; over the smallest of things. Cpl's "The Rank Whom May Possess", deserve the right to use said weapon as they've worked hard to get said rank. 

I can assure you this though, when I first came to the city I was a straight dumb-ass; couldn't hold money for shit so I just used SNS pistols. I've downed MULTIPLE OFFICERS by myself on singular scenes, using only a SNS pistol; and did so for many months with the SNS.

Restricting a gun, and saying we use it to much and it's "Power-play" seems just wack. After seeing the increase of population in the city I have seen:

A - Violence go up
B - Groups of 3 or More on 80% of scenes.
C - Class 3 Firearms 
D - Shit-lordy Attitudes towards cops

If you combine those all, It just is not fun; you should have the ability to be able to defend yourself adequately. The Heavy Pistol may be used often, but it is the PERSON behind the weapon that matters.

Just don't get in gunfights, criminals currently have been doing the same wish-&-wash robberies for ages now instead of using creativity. Gun's don't always need to be involved at a scene, you can always use words to combat said scene and make it thus more enjoyable for others. Don't like getting shot, cause you pull a gun everyday? Well, suck it up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think saying police can't use a certain weapon is starting down a very slippery slope. The past few shifts I have been on, I can say I understand why cops would use those types of pistols. You get most robbery's being done with Class 3's or people switching from regular pistol to deagle for sniping. Any time you deal with one suspect you have to deal with the whole gang,( Always being surrounded for just wanting to talk ). I've been gunned down for just a simple traffic stop. For my character in RP, The way the city is right now, I wouldn't leave PD without one.

The fact remains that PD is suppose to match the aggression in which the suspect is portraying. We are not suppose to be under geared. We need all the tools we can get for dealing with suspects. Every gang to every person is different, They may be a good shooter or driver or can stay hidden, We need to be able to combat that.

• Like 4

On 6/9/2021 at 4:06 PM, Walker said:

Unless things have changed since i tested last.
The Combat pistol = Pistol
Heavy Pistol = Mk 2

Combat takes ~10-12 shots to down someone full armor.
Heavy Pistol takes ~7-8 shots to down someone from full armor.

Deagle is closer to 4-5 i think? Also has a higher chance to make someone bleed, commonly i get hit once lightly and am already bleeding.

We did some testing on this but it was like 2 months ago now so it might be outdated.

Food for thought
Alot of cops get a TON of practice with pistols so it's possible that your shots just aren't connecting.

This is out date numbers.  Just to add that.   At least with the Deagle, I can say for sure that is very wrong.

Edited by BlackMagic0

In a gunfight with authorities, I fired 15 rounds from a Mk2 into an officer's chest, after which he fired 7 shots and knocked me out while still standing. I understand that deagle can be utilised, but it means more charges and more money wasted if caught, and there are always 4-5 officers on the scene. If I even have any hope of taking down an officer, I believe the Mk2 should be buffed a little more, even by the tiniest amount...

Edited by unknowN_TM

41 minutes ago, HungWalrus said:

If heavy pistols = mk2 why not just make them available to crims? Shouldnt be able to purchase at ammunition but maybe make it cost like 10k at a hidden location

Sure and we’ll make ak47’s and sawed off shotguns available to PD aswell. 

2 hours ago, HungWalrus said:

I mean, the PD has access to M4s and pump shotguns? but it wouldn't make sense for pd to have a sawed off imo.. that should stay on the streets haha

So why would it make sense for civilians to have access to of issued weapons 

1 hour ago, Richie Jax said:

So why would it make sense for civilians to have access to of issued weapons 

If i'm not mistaken, all pistols that police use are available for purchase in America. I think there is a big difference btwn police officers running around with a sawed off vs criminals getting another option for a pistol. The only thing that makes it 'pd issue' is the fact that the pd is only one who has them right now. There is nothing about the heavy pistol that inherently makes it pd issued, its just another .45 or something

17 minutes ago, HungWalrus said:

If i'm not mistaken, all pistols that police use are available for purchase in America. I think there is a big difference btwn police officers running around with a sawed off vs criminals getting another option for a pistol. The only thing that makes it 'pd issue' is the fact that the pd is only one who has them right now. There is nothing about the heavy pistol that inherently makes it pd issued, its just another .45 or something

Regardless of what we do in America, this is los santos. 

I think the heavy pistol is an equal gun, it does however have a red dot sight making it more accurate than most, other things to consider ... server tick, and ping .. and depending on where you are in the world ..ping .. it is ether better or worse than the person your against and even that won't help much as the bullet still has to travel the length of both to make contact .. what your seeing on your screen is not quite when the other player is ... best thing to do is put rounds down range, use cover and push as a team :)

So I feel like your mad because you were out shot, and you want to find some way to make PD crippled. Do you want us to carry a squirt gun instead? LSPD deals with getting shot at almost every encounter and I can bet most not all but most officers the gold the Cpl or higher rank are just a better shot due to the fact that we have to return fire in almost every case. We get shot at by aks, shot guns automatic guns.  lI have been in a ton of situations where me being a Cpl. Able to utilize the heavy pistol, have still been downed by people using other guns. I’ve been one shot by a deagle many times. I don’t think you have a valid argument. Also there is other things outside of the city that play a big factor in who will win the gun fight like what @Carl Berg said about ping. Did you have armor on? How many shots actually hit the officer? Like it’s a high intense gun fight just cause your shot doesn’t mean you hit the officer. 

• Like 2