Bring back the PD bicycles.

Okay here me out, 

There are a lot of us out here that would love to patrol on bicycles. I know that the citizens would also appreciate police patrol on bicycles to keep the LS safe from these pesky drug dealers. 

The bicycle would need to have the appropriate wee woo equipment of course to make it legit. 

Currently, that is lacking. #thoughts

The issue with bicycles is that they take a car off the road. With the staffing issues we've been having as of recent, we do not need that.

If there was a way to attach a bicycle to your cruiser so you can park up, helmet up, and bike around the beat, I believe it would be a happy medium. No reliance on other units for transport, no helplessness during pursuits, and timely response to cross-city calls. 

• Like 3

As one of the former Cycle-One co-leaders (The most advanced bicycle non combustion vehicular task force) I would love to see more bicycle patrols around areas like Mirror Park and areas in the Southside. As it stands right now, you can go on bicycle patrol with your own mountain bike since there are no PD bikes available currently. But I'd ensure there is plenty of other officers around with patrol cars with adequate space to transport people in custody and that other officers have proper additional units for pursuits and other situations.

Totally love @Storrentidea of being able to 'rack' bikes onto or inside larger PD patrol vehicles (Tahoe/Explorer) for example. Would enable officers to be sufficient in themselves and wouldn't have to depend on other officers to constantly assist them if they have access to their own vehicle alongside the bike. 

Edited by tay
im dumb
  • Like 4

I agree with @Storrent and think its a fantastic idea. 

Williams and I were talking about doing a bike patrol one evening when we definitely had enough coverage and I noticed the bikes were not around anymore. I use to do bike patrols on the beach all the time with Tex Wright back in the day. Was some of the greatest RP scenarios I ever had on PD.

• Like 2