Ability to work at multiple businesses

Ramirez

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to get your opinions on being able to work at multiple businesses. I think for some people, they have had good working experiences with others in the city to the point where the rp continues to grow. Doing the same thing over, and over again can be repetitive, so this allows people to helps others out, while also making it enjoyable for all sides. I would love for their to be the opportunity to work for multiple people, (while also following laws/rules in place depending on the class type of business) and also building who you want to be. There most likely may be issues with this, especially with names (id) being added officially, but it would be a nice thing to have. If it is possible, there can be ways to balance it like only being able to officially work at 2 or 3. In the end, it gives the opportunity to allow everyone to get a taste of what they may like in the city. Also, this wouldn't even have to apply towards gangs neither. I am looking forward to seeing everyone's thought though, let me know what you think. :) 

• Like 2

What's stopping you from working at other businesses?
If you're mainly a car dealer and want to go work at a grocery store or something you can do that. Mechanically you might not be in the system but you can always RP it out with the owner. Get them to pay you for goods. I RP as a gas station clerk sometimes and if people give me things say, gas cans, i will give them money for fair market value knowing i can sell it later for double what i paid, there are no mechanics involved other than two people in a building that the server owns.

I would also caution against letting so many people work everywhere, you'll run into the jack of all trades. Someone who works at a car dealer so can give you cheaper cars, someone who works at ammu-nation so they can give you cheap bullets, and someone who works as a mechanic who can fix your car for cheap or free. The point is that if everyone is doing everything there is no place for newer people to go, since everyone can already do everything. 

In PD we have certifications that give us access to things like being a detective, being on the SWAT team, or even being in traffic enforcement, but you can't have all the certs, you can't be the person who can do everything because then nobody else can do those jobs, there's no drawback of choosing that job because you can just do everything.

In RP think of a business as a job, you goto work and then get off work and do what you want. Same as RL, you have one or two jobs, do the job and then you're done for the day. Having 6 careers and choosing which once to do today isn't exactly easy, and might even get you fired from 4 or 5 of them!

But again... What's stopping you?

1 hour ago, Walker said:

What's stopping you from working at other businesses?
If you're mainly a car dealer and want to go work at a grocery store or something you can do that. Mechanically you might not be in the system but you can always RP it out with the owner. Get them to pay you for goods. I RP as a gas station clerk sometimes and if people give me things say, gas cans, i will give them money for fair market value knowing i can sell it later for double what i paid, there are no mechanics involved other than two people in a building that the server owns.

I would also caution against letting so many people work everywhere, you'll run into the jack of all trades. Someone who works at a car dealer so can give you cheaper cars, someone who works at ammu-nation so they can give you cheap bullets, and someone who works as a mechanic who can fix your car for cheap or free. The point is that if everyone is doing everything there is no place for newer people to go, since everyone can already do everything. 

In PD we have certifications that give us access to things like being a detective, being on the SWAT team, or even being in traffic enforcement, but you can't have all the certs, you can't be the person who can do everything because then nobody else can do those jobs, there's no drawback of choosing that job because you can just do everything.

In RP think of a business as a job, you goto work and then get off work and do what you want. Same as RL, you have one or two jobs, do the job and then you're done for the day. Having 6 careers and choosing which once to do today isn't exactly easy, and might even get you fired from 4 or 5 of them!

But again... What's stopping you?

In all fairness, there is a difference between working officially at a company and then on your off time working at a government owned facility. For an example, Billy loves cars, so he goes and works at PDM. While working at PDM, he follows on the guidelines of being an employee and overall is a good citizen. On his off time, he would love to help out Vee at Best Buds. In order to work at Best Buds officially while also being a well trusted employee by Vee, he would need to have keys to do certain things Vee offers. Billy can't work at both as of right now because he's limited to one company. Going back to my statement, there are ways to balance this like only being able to officially work at 2 businesses only. This way, it makes sure that everyone can't work everywhere, and allows opportunities for others to work at certain places. By being an owner of an official business means it up to you to hire people who follow the rules you have in place, otherwise it may hurt the owner. if someone new you hired intentionally broke rules like selling cars for cheaper than they are suppose to, then the owner should  either talk to them, or fire them. It can give people a second option to do on their free time, like a police officer working at a car dealer. There's no problem with this as its something they like to do.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...