Gang size.

ZaxxYs

Ok so, I believe that gangs should be allowed to respond to hostility with full force if they are being attacked in their hideout/barrio/turf. It makes little to no sense at all to me that I have 8 people talking in my hideout and I get cops pulling over to pick up someone for a warrant and we have to send 3 people away to only have 5 engaged, I see that as something that just would never happen in any scenario. In any other place yes, gangs should be limited to 5 at a time but not in their turf. Just like I was told multiple times before "Criminals need to fear PD" I feel like PD should also fear criminals when they are going to server a warrant in a hostile area. Please lets share some thoughts on this. 

PD already do fear gangs, we literally can't go anywhere alone on or off duty, and god forbid we actually get someone in a gang, which 90% of crims are, prepare to be kidnapped and forced to release them all.
I'd enjoy larger gangs IF we can get longer than 45 minutes in prison. Because we can't catch a break as is.

• Like 5

The flip side of this, of course, is that PD should be able to roll in 20 deep if they're going into "turf" to do anything because there could be any number of criminals there. The PD is already generally disadvantaged in situations like this, so any change to this regulation would likely make it even more difficult to execute (what should be) basic warrants.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Richie Jax said:

I’d rather not have to worry about an entire gang every time I perform a traffic stop in someone’s “turf”

Im not talking about traffic stops bro, or in a big area, im talking about serving warrants for example in someone's backyard. It makes no sense to me that people have to run away when cops show up. It makes it like PD says it dont matter they have 10 in their house 5 are going to leave because of rules, and that to me is not RP. But that is my opinion. 

10 hours ago, Timr said:

The flip side of this, of course, is that PD should be able to roll in 20 deep if they're going into "turf" to do anything because there could be any number of criminals there. The PD is already generally disadvantaged in situations like this, so any change to this regulation would likely make it even more difficult to execute (what should be) basic warrants.

IMO there is nothing basic about serving a warrant for agg attempted murder x3, it should be a big deal, my idea was to have PD pass by the place where the individual hangsout (The beach, jamestown, pandagarden, etc etc etc) scoop out the area see how many they have and put up a plan to serve the warrant. That is my opinion, it looks ridiculous to me the way its done atm. 

49 minutes ago, ZaxxYs said:

Im not talking about traffic stops bro, or in a big area, im talking about serving warrants for example in someone's backyard. It makes no sense to me that people have to run away when cops show up. It makes it like PD says it dont matter they have 10 in their house 5 are going to leave because of rules, and that to me is not RP. But that is my opinion. 

You may not be talking about traffic stops, but that’s exactly what it will turn into, people will take advantage every way possible to get the advantage on cops.

26 minutes ago, Richie Jax said:

You may not be talking about traffic stops, but that’s exactly what it will turn into, people will take advantage every way possible to get the advantage on cops.

I mean.... If you have 10 people killing a cop because of a traffic stop maybe report them... That is not the point im trying to make here or the thing im suggesting. Once again, im talking about directly in their house, not in a 3 block radio.

gang violence zzzz

Maybe I'd be able to give a shit if gangsters weren't "killing" cops and robbing banks every day, sleeping away their prison sentences like they're a mild inconvenience (news flash: that's all they are), and going and doing it all again without ever developing as characters, learning from their wrongdoings, or doing anything to make themselves remotely appealable to anybody outside of their tribes. Like Richie said, give an inch and you all will take a mile. Anything that allows escalations into bigger and bigger numbers moves the server closer to a "cops and robbers" type of game instead of roleplay.

Edited by Storrent
typo
  • Like 7

46 minutes ago, Storrent said:

gang violence zzzz

Maybe I'd be able to give a shit if gangsters weren't "killing" cops and robbing banks every day, sleeping away their prison sentences like they're a mild inconvenience (news flash: that's all they are), and going and doing it all again without ever developing as characters, learning from their wrongdoings, or doing anything to make themselves remotely appealable to anybody outside of their tribes. Like Richie said, give an inch and you all will take a mile. Anything that allows escalations into bigger and bigger numbers moves the server closer to a "cops and robbers" type of game instead of roleplay.

People roleplay however they wish too, if people enjoy the whole robing and shooting RP they can do it, its GTA and they are allowed to do it, not everybody enjoys sitting at the same place for hours. Who says criminals dont have a backstory, or develop a character story?? Who says criminals are not appealable to people outside their tribes?? The fact you dont like them doesnt mean people feel the same way. Take away "cops and robbers" and lets see where the server ends, we already experienced this. With all due respect your comment has nothing to do with the topic I proposed to discuss. Take away the gangster killing cops and robbing banks everyday and let me see people like you and cops try and have fun as they do on a daily. Have a good day.

18 hours ago, ZaxxYs said:

Ok so, I believe that gangs should be allowed to respond to hostility with full force if they are being attacked in their hideout/barrio/turf. It makes little to no sense at all to me that I have 8 people talking in my hideout and I get cops pulling over to pick up someone for a warrant and we have to send 3 people away to only have 5 engaged, I see that as something that just would never happen in any scenario. In any other place yes, gangs should be limited to 5 at a time but not in their turf. Just like I was told multiple times before "Criminals need to fear PD" I feel like PD should also fear criminals when they are going to server a warrant in a hostile area. Please lets share some thoughts on this. 

I'm not going to quote each and every response but I see both sides here. 

I'll be the first one to tell you that if I show up to gun shot calls in a gangs turf (for example the barrio) or drug calls. I am not going to be going in their dick swinging like I'm Mr. Invincible. Also I'm 100% for gangs to be allowed to use all their members if cops roll into their turf causing issues. I also agree that if gangs "take a mile" as it was put then the City deals with them. 

As far as what Walker said on the matter of 45 months "minutes" I 100%  agree. The entire 45 minutes thing is a bit crazy. I do think non-violent crimes should have reduced time (much less sending people to prison) and more keeping them in "county". If you get Agg Armed Robbery, Agg Attempted Murder, GTA, Fel Evansion, Fel Spding you shouldn't be free after 45 minutes.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, CKFord said:

I'll be the first one to tell you that if I show up to gun shot calls in a gangs turf (for example the barrio) or drug calls. I am not going to be going in their dick swinging like I'm Mr. Invincible. Also I'm 100% for gangs to be allowed to use all their members if cops roll into their turf causing issues. I also agree that if gangs "take a mile" as it was put then the City deals with them. 

As far as what Walker said on the matter of 45 months "minutes" I 100%  agree. The entire 45 minutes thing is a bit crazy. I do think non-violent crimes should have reduced time (much less sending people to prison) and more keeping them in "county". If you get Agg Armed Robbery, Agg Attempted Murder, GTA, Fel Evansion, Fel Spding you shouldn't be free after 45 minutes.

100% agree with everything you said. Im down to spend alot of time in prison if there is DOC online and activities to do. 

59 minutes ago, CKFord said:

To start, I’m not here to bash the server or the people in it, I love each and everyone here,

To be honest, I believe the overall gang size should be upgraded a tiny bit. At the moment, I do believe what Elijah said about the server being about  Cops vs Robbers is true. Coming from a crim who has done and been thru so much shit, I can 100% vouch to say it’s like that. I’ve been in many situations where when there is a mass amount of violence in play, having only 5 people vs 7-8 cops + more if those go down isn’t enough, and quite honestly not fun at certain times. For an example, I’ve been in a situation a couple of weeks ago which turned into a shootout from robbing a Digi Den. There was only 3 of us and we were constantly putting cops down. The cop numbers just kept rolling in more and more, and eventually got to be overwhelming. 

I feel as if the proposal Walker made about adjusting prison sentences and Elijahs part of having DOC and activities to do while in prison would make it more enjoyable for all parties. Setting a group back to just 5 when they are up against 7+ cops who barely have to spend a dime on weapons can be just demotivating yo play at times. In all honesty, Crims have so much more to lose at the end of the day but it’s what gives rp to everyone else in the city. I’m not saying the limit for gang size should be 10+ because that wouldn’t be fun either, but pumping it up to 7-8 based on how the server is right now would be nice. I truest believe the way things are right now that the server isn’t balanced for both parties, and I do think it should be equal.

(just an opinion, no hate intended towards anyone)

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, DJ Ramirez said:

To start, I’m not here to bash the server or the people in it, I love each and everyone here,

To be honest, I believe the overall gang size should be upgraded a tiny bit. At the moment, I do believe what Elijah said about the server being about  Cops vs Robbers is true. Coming from a crim who has done and been thru so much shit, I can 100% vouch to say it’s like that. I’ve been in many situations where when there is a mass amount of violence in play, having only 5 people vs 7-8 cops + more if those go down isn’t enough, and quite honestly not fun at certain times. For an example, I’ve been in a situation a couple of weeks ago which turned into a shootout from robbing a Digi Den. There was only 3 of us and we were constantly putting cops down. The cop numbers just kept rolling in more and more, and eventually got to be overwhelming. 

I feel as if the proposal Walker made about adjusting prison sentences and Elijahs part of having DOC and activities to do while in prison would make it more enjoyable for all parties. Setting a group back to just 5 when they are up against 7+ cops who barely have to spend a dime on weapons can be just demotivating yo play at times. In all honesty, Crims have so much more to lose at the end of the day but it’s what gives rp to everyone else in the city. I’m not saying the limit for gang size should be 10+ because that wouldn’t be fun either, but pumping it up to 7-8 based on how the server is right now would be nice. I truest believe the way things are right now that the server isn’t balanced for both parties, and I do think it should be equal.

(just an opinion, no hate intended towards anyone)

I agree with some things you said and disagree with others, I agree with allowing criminals to have a bigger size when defending or being attacked in their turf (in the backyard of their hideout) but I dont think its a good idea to allow criminals to have more than 5 to do a robbery for example. I do think it would be a good idea and only make sense to allow criminals to request for back up after one of them goes down, just like PD does. I had a shootout once where it was 5 of us and we downed 13 officers, and we still got caught. There is no balance in that and IMO needs to be looked at. But that is a different topic than the one we are trying to discuss here which is gang size in between hideout limits. Thank you for your input and your thoughts brother. ❤️

• Like 1

Hey everyone. I wanted to comment on this real quick as well. I agree with what Elijah and DJ mentioned with who can assist during a hostile situation. IRL if PD were to serve a warrant they would not just roll into a hideout of the gang where they are all hanging out and expect all but 5 to say "well, good luck guys!" and leave. In return, I do agree with Walker 150% that crims don't care about spending 45 months in prison and that is why officers are getting kidnapped, killed, and there are chain robberies. Our crew legit went to try and do Vangelicos every night 2-3 times for a week and it was "slipping" because someone had just hit it. the trade off of 45 months vs the score at Vangelicos is simple. Do it as much as you can. However, if you hit it and got caught once and then there were steeper sentencing or fines for those who do it more and more over a short amount of time then I think crims would think twice about how and when they rob things. As DJ stated, crims have a LOT more to lose. PD is making a steady income every 15 minutes whereas we risk getting jail time and fines when making our money doing anything illegal. It is demoralizing when we have grinded to get some big class 3 weapons and when we go down PD to say things like "must suck losing over $400,000 worth of guns" when they can pull a carbine out with ammo and armor for next to nothing each time. Not sure about other crims but I RARELY have a class 3 on me and more so go with Deagle at the most because of how damn expensive they are and I can lose them just by being searched for being in the area of something that happened (gun shot, drug deal, etc). 

I feel that longer sentencing should be a thing. Not only would it make crims think twice about chain robbing or attacking officers, it would also create new RP that is missing in Badlands which is Prison RP. I have been arrested more times then I can count and not ONCE have I been in prison at the same time as any other person in the city other then the crew I was with doing that job. if you are serving a 120 month sentence for example, there is much more chance you run into more people in prison. then officers can bounce between DOC and the streets to change up their RP and routine. If there are jobs or activities to do other then the gym in prison then I think 120+ months wouldn't be the end of the world. People have said here that crims don't have a back story and it's just cops vs robbers but I beg to differ. In an open server that is not whitelisted (or turned on that is) you will get a lot of those types, but I feel the majority of the community here value solid RP on both sides of the law. 

As for how many can attach during PD or another gang arriving to your turf or hangout, it should be expected to be met with full force of all that are there simply because they would be defending themselves and their area. PD could do more detective work and follow the person as they leave the area to get gas, repair car, get food, etc. and scoop them there not on their hideout turf. PD also has the means to go in aggressive if they desire with armored vehicles, bigger weapons, helicopters, etc as they do for raids. On the gang vs gang side, if 305 were at war with the Lost and we wanted to go to Paleto to attack them, we should be FULLY ready to be met with a TON of force because we are going into THEIR home. A lot different then if we find them at a general area and attack. With the size of the server the way it is now, I would hope that hostile can be increased even by a few as CT stated. With PD able to come back in waves against only 5, it makes it really tough to get out of any situation. So perhaps just a general review of this is warranted which is why I like that we are all discussing it. 

In conclusion I do feel that Prison RP would be a lot of fun. So I personally would be on board with longer prison sentencing if warranted and as CT stated, perhaps increase fines and less jail time for misdemeanors and whatnot to perhaps balance it out more. In the end. I again feel that the core of the Badlands community in the end value heavily authentic as well as fun RP. See you on the streets everyone! 

-Duke

• Like 4

On 6/21/2021 at 1:02 AM, Elwelia said:

Is serving a warrant and a raid not the same thing? I would think if they are serving a drug related warrant a raid would go hand and hand 

Rule was put in for the drug raids, and not for serving random petty warrants currently. But that doesn’t mean it still can’t be used for criminal warrants, it’s just not used right now, unless both parties are aware of the possible raid of an entire gang, ooc. 

if cops pull up on your hideout with 8 members inside, as long as the situation is not hostile or your not doing anything illegal ... i e.. just chatting ... then stand your ground, your all allowed to be there, just don't be hostile to the police and rp it out .. say the member they are looking for is not there and to go away unless they have a warrant ... we have had situations in the past where police have rolled up on our hideout with 12 gang members looking for 1 member .. told the officers he was not there, had a little chat and they left.

On 6/24/2021 at 11:30 AM, Carl Berg said:

if cops pull up on your hideout with 8 members inside, as long as the situation is not hostile or your not doing anything illegal ... i e.. just chatting ... then stand your ground, your all allowed to be there, just don't be hostile to the police and rp it out .. say the member they are looking for is not there and to go away unless they have a warrant ... we have had situations in the past where police have rolled up on our hideout with 12 gang members looking for 1 member .. told the officers he was not there, had a little chat and they left.

All of this sounds awesome and its definitely something worth doing and RPing the situation out, but in my personal experience cops do get aggressive and refuse to believe that the member they are looking for is not around, maybe because they "saw him" or because he posted something on twitter. The whole thing is that they show up to your door where you have 10 people chilling having a conversation with no fear of getting aggressive what so ever because they know that 5 will disengage, and to me that is wrong. Anyways thanks for your input and your thoughts on the topic brother. RPing the situation to its maximum is always the goal. ❤️ :)  

I think in the “hideout” itself a larger size should be acceptable, just not the entire area that the gang considers its “turf” but that also opens up the problem of every single chase just ending at a gangs “hideout” because they know they can have a larger group there.

• Like 1

Okay here is my take on all this. As a leader of a gang that has been around in the city for years. And one that has been on both sides of the good and bad side of gang number rules. 

The gang size limit of 5 is already more than most if not the majority of cities. And they are put in place for the balance of the city. I think where it is at is fine. I wouldn't mind seeing an increase to 6. But I honestly don't feel the player mentality is right for a change like that in our community. There are still a large chunk that will at any chance they get use it to their advantage. There is too many I must win attitudes in the city even within my own group admittedly and I would love to say one day that will end. However I honestly have given up hope on that. That being said. 

I think if you want to get more people at your hideouts for warrants I feel then PD has to be able to send you for sentences that are not just an afk break. Honestly cops are underpowered in the city cuz not a damn single criminal takes what punishment they give out seriously as it's honestly a joke no offense. At this point. People will go shoot up/kidnap a cop with zero fear cuz there is no fear to have you get no long term consequences for any of your actions on crim other than a 45 min timeout. Which is laughable. That is what breeds this less talk more shoot bs going around in the city. Cuz even if cops can have better weapons or more numbers on crims what does it matter when you are sitting there on the ground making jokes about I will see you soon. Cuz you know you're a netflix episode away from being back out on the streets doing the same shit. Good example of no fear for police is the drug takedowns that happened not to long ago. I was very upfront about thinking it was the most immersion breaking thing I have seen in the city since the old school tazer tag events at the arena. Fun yes. But seeing the PD get shit on so damn easily cuz well no one fears them was sad. That would never happen IRL and if you want to make the argument that it makes no sense why your buddies can't stick around to fight the cops then you need to accept the fact that it makes no sense that our cops wouldn't be fucking be swarming and locking us all away for long sentences for the daily bullshit we do. 

So I am -1 on this idea of increasing hideout hostilities number caps unless we see sentences that go hours if not days for our dumbass actions. 

Edited by Kota Taylor
  • Like 9

100% with Kota, thought I'd put my two cents in here

"Ok so, I believe that gangs should be allowed to respond to hostility with full force if they are being attacked in their hideout/barrio/turf."
It makes little to no sense at all to me that I have 8 people talking in my hideout and I get cops pulling over to pick up someone for a warrant and we have to send 3 people away to only have 5 engaged, I see that as something that just would never happen in any scenario. In any other place yes, gangs should be limited to 5 at a time but not in their turf. Just like I was told multiple times before "Criminals need to fear PD" I feel like PD should also fear criminals when they are going to server a warrant in a hostile area."

Too start off is that, I for one hate going into gang turfs; and I do agree cops see usage of rules in the back of the head and they think; oh it's 12 soo... blah blah will go away and it'll be 5. I should be safer by that point, so I'll move in. Simply it's a hard negative, as a individual whom is thinking about it and had a talk with a Senior Administrator many months ago, there is times for letting this go and going in for it right now. Lot of cops roll up to these area's and think about the rules in the back of there head OOC, but realistically in RP you don't know what danger your putting yourself in, if you don't think out a rationally well plan.

"It makes little to no sense at all to me that I have 8 people talking in my hideout and I get cops pulling over to pick up someone for a warrant"

"
The whole thing is that they show up to your door where you have 10 people chilling having a conversation with no fear of getting aggressive what so ever because they know that 5 will disengage, and to me that is wrong."

For me in that situation, as a cop I should be expected to value my life and look at how many are there. there is always that chance to exchange words later and get said individual later down the line. Then again, the question of Meta can be thrown in there, and etc.

"Criminals need to fear PD" I feel like PD should also fear criminals when they are going to server a warrant in a hostile area."

If you feel a PD member is not doing so, then you know how to take action properly. In-regards to Criminals, Kota stated it perfectly; a lot of you guys don't give two fucks about what happens or what you do. When these new faces join the server, they see these actions of these big groups and they then put that on themselves as a "I need to do this to survive"; it's simply not true. Lot's of groups have been turning to shitlords, and Kota stated it all already and the win win mentality of people.

To put it simply, is the talk of adding time as always been a thing; it was the act of, if we increased Jail Time... how can we make it to where they can serve part of it offline or with DOC. Simple citations have lead to multiple officers down, kidnapped and etc; without no real cause behind it. I think as of now, creativity can't be used up and you can always combat a situation using words. By this point, the immersion breaking and non-storytelling going on is ridiculous.

I believe the administration team needs to step up, and take a deep dive into looking at everyone's RP on the server and figuring out the core issues which lead up to this and how to combat it. With the win win mentality it'll be rough, without guns but you can still achieve the same outcome either way.

But like I said, time wise; we've talked about 80 I think before from what I've heard. 80 should be fine, if it's anything over then yes activities' should be available to help cut down on that.

If the administration team, whom is beautiful and does wonders for the community were to advise the community of "hey, we know a lot of you can do better and etc", hopefully this will prompt people to think creatively, You can't use up creativity, creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, making mistakes and having fun. With creativity, it helps to experiment in breaking out of the same established patterns people do, in order to look at things in a different way. This just simply has not been occurring, and I believe that some action needs to be taken instead of people doing the same thing over and over again.

As stated in server rules:

"the responsibility on the player is to use violence where it’s appropriate and reasonable to the engagement. We encourage verbal interactions before the use of guns and other violent means. Not every conflict needs to have weapons or guns involved."

This isn't being enforced to be frank as stated just read Kota's post, dozens of individuals don't fear what they do and part of a RP server is indeed using violence but it's about story telling and more.

Inregards to gang size, I made my comments but you can always bend the rules and uses words to combat that situation arising and etc; and if you can't then so be it and let it go. But if you have a issue with someone not valuing their RP life, then bring it up appropriately. It should not be increased unless we can do longer jails.

At-least give officers the ability to jail for longer, like 60-80 months until activities come in to help reduce times like 90-120 months or something. This way criminals think before they do, and wonder the choices they may do.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Amberlyn Noelle Amos said:

100% with Kota, thought I'd put my two cents in here

"Ok so, I believe that gangs should be allowed to respond to hostility with full force if they are being attacked in their hideout/barrio/turf."
It makes little to no sense at all to me that I have 8 people talking in my hideout and I get cops pulling over to pick up someone for a warrant and we have to send 3 people away to only have 5 engaged, I see that as something that just would never happen in any scenario. In any other place yes, gangs should be limited to 5 at a time but not in their turf. Just like I was told multiple times before "Criminals need to fear PD" I feel like PD should also fear criminals when they are going to server a warrant in a hostile area."

Too start off is that, I for one hate going into gang turfs; and I do agree cops see usage of rules in the back of the head and they think; oh it's 12 soo... blah blah will go away and it'll be 5. I should be safer by that point, so I'll move in. Simply it's a hard negative, as a individual whom is thinking about it and had a talk with a Senior Administrator many months ago, there is times for letting this go and going in for it right now. Lot of cops roll up to these area's and think about the rules in the back of there head OOC, but realistically in RP you don't know what danger your putting yourself in, if you don't think out a rationally well plan.

"It makes little to no sense at all to me that I have 8 people talking in my hideout and I get cops pulling over to pick up someone for a warrant"

"
The whole thing is that they show up to your door where you have 10 people chilling having a conversation with no fear of getting aggressive what so ever because they know that 5 will disengage, and to me that is wrong."

For me in that situation, as a cop I should be expected to value my life and look at how many are there. there is always that chance to exchange words later and get said individual later down the line. Then again, the question of Meta can be thrown in there, and etc.

"Criminals need to fear PD" I feel like PD should also fear criminals when they are going to server a warrant in a hostile area."

If you feel a PD member is not doing so, then you know how to take action properly. In-regards to Criminals, Kota stated it perfectly; a lot of you guys don't give two fucks about what happens or what you do. When these new faces join the server, they see these actions of these big groups and they then put that on themselves as a "I need to do this to survive"; it's simply not true. Lot's of groups have been turning to shitlords, and Kota stated it all already and the win win mentality of people.

To put it simply, is the talk of adding time as always been a thing; it was the act of, if we increased Jail Time... how can we make it to where they can serve part of it offline or with DOC. Simple citations have lead to multiple officers down, kidnapped and etc; without no real cause behind it. I think as of now, creativity can't be used up and you can always combat a situation using words. By this point, the immersion breaking and non-storytelling going on is ridiculous.

I believe the administration team needs to step up, and take a deep dive into looking at everyone's RP on the server and figuring out the core issues which lead up to this and how to combat it. With the win win mentality it'll be rough, without guns but you can still achieve the same outcome either way.

But like I said, time wise; we've talked about 80 I think before from what I've heard. 80 should be fine, if it's anything over then yes activities' should be available to help cut down on that.

If the administration team, whom is beautiful and does wonders for the community were to advise the community of "hey, we know a lot of you can do better and etc", hopefully this will prompt people to think creatively, You can't use up creativity, creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, making mistakes and having fun. With creativity, it helps to experiment in breaking out of the same established patterns people do, in order to look at things in a different way. This just simply has not been occurring, and I believe that some action needs to be taken instead of people doing the same thing over and over again.

As stated in server rules:

"the responsibility on the player is to use violence where it’s appropriate and reasonable to the engagement. We encourage verbal interactions before the use of guns and other violent means. Not every conflict needs to have weapons or guns involved."

This isn't being enforced to be frank as stated just read Kota's post, dozens of individuals don't fear what they do and part of a RP server is indeed using violence but it's about story telling and more.

Inregards to gang size, I made my comments but you can always bend the rules and uses words to combat that situation arising and etc; and if you can't then so be it and let it go. But if you have a issue with someone not valuing their RP life, then bring it up appropriately. It should not be increased unless we can do longer jails.

At-least give officers the ability to jail for longer, like 60-80 months until activities come in to help reduce times like 90-120 months or something. This way criminals think before they do, and wonder the choices they may do.

16 hours ago, Kota Taylor said:

Okay here is my take on all this. As a leader of a gang that has been around in the city for years. And one that has been on both sides of the good and bad side of gang number rules. 

The gang size limit of 5 is already more than most if not the majority of cities. And they are put in place for the balance of the city. I think where it is at is fine. I wouldn't mind seeing an increase to 6. But I honestly don't feel the player mentality is right for a change like that in our community. There are still a large chunk that will at any chance they get use it to their advantage. There is too many I must win attitudes in the city even within my own group admittedly and I would love to say one day that will end. However I honestly have given up hope on that. That being said. 

I think if you want to get more people at your hideouts for warrants I feel then PD has to be able to send you for sentences that are not just an afk break. Honestly cops are underpowered in the city cuz not a damn single criminal takes what punishment they give out seriously as it's honestly a joke no offense. At this point. People will go shoot up/kidnap a cop with zero fear cuz there is no fear to have you get no long term consequences for any of your actions on crim other than a 45 min timeout. Which is laughable. That is what breeds this less talk more shoot bs going around in the city. Cuz even if cops can have better weapons or more numbers on crims what does it matter when you are sitting there on the ground making jokes about I will see you soon. Cuz you know you're a netflix episode away from being back out on the streets doing the same shit. Good example of no fear for police is the drug takedowns that happened not to long ago. I was very upfront about thinking it was the most immersion breaking thing I have seen in the city since the old school tazer tag events at the arena. Fun yes. But seeing the PD get shit on so damn easily cuz well no one fears them was sad. That would never happen IRL and if you want to make the argument that it makes no sense why your buddies can't stick around to fight the cops then you need to accept the fact that it makes no sense that our cops wouldn't be fucking be swarming and locking us all away for long sentences for the daily bullshit we do. 

So I am -1 on this idea of increasing hideout hostilities number caps unless we see sentences that go hours if not days for our dumbass actions. 

I want to thank you both for letting us know what you think about this and I believe most of what you guys said is true, I cant really suggest a change based on how I RP and how I do things I also need to understand that people will exploit it and it could break the system so I thank you for explaining that. I personally also believe that the time in prison should be higher. Personally I take prison time more seriously and never for example turn myself in, I believe doing that is not really RPing as a criminal and exploiting the fact that its only 45 minutes. Once again thanks for the input and for sharing your thoughts. Love you all. ❤️ 

• Like 3