Pillbox Back to Green Zone?

Elwelia

What do you guys think about pillbox going back to a greenzone? I know some people are getting annoyed (including myself) when pillbox is on lockdown for like the 7th time in a day. I am just curious to have a conversation about this and see both sides if people think it shouldnt be

Edited by Elwelia

From a PD point of few and criminal, it's been a hotspot for doing crims and people don't really understand the issues it's causing.

Let alone the criminal aspect and people of the city (not everyone) treat EMS has a revive machine and don't really care about the interactions.

For myself I 100% agree with it returning to a greenzone.

Here is why:

Attitude -people treat pillbox like it's nothing, it's very disruptive to people whom walk in for actual interactions but it gets shutdown by individuals who start shootouts right near the front door and etc.

This is a common occurrence where pillbox gets shut down multiple times a day due to the general hotspot of integrity as well. Shooting moves from integrity into pillbox and etc,it's also disruptive due to the fact that with limited EMS they can get backed up very fast.

Thus if pillbox shuts down and someone needs basic medical they can't recieve it due to constant shutdowns and EMS having to focus on the current situation. 

With that being stated, I've had occurrences where people; in groups of 5 sometimes run in and start blazing with class 3's. That in itself is hurting the new people coming into the city. More and more I see guns openly branded at pillbox by crims it outside. Nee citizens will see this and be like welp too much guns; I know I've been in countless servers and it's very aggravating to see guns so openly branded right when you walk out.

New people in the city also might mess up on character creation so they will need to use the surgery room to fix issues and etc; can't do that with constant fighting outside/lockdowns prohibiting entry.

I think we should treat pillbox as the courthouse and etc; if you are attempting to break a person out or get a ambush set up then take it out of the common grounds.

Gun violence is rising but it's gotten better, you can always use words to out wit the other party without the need of lockdowns or violence outside of a hospital.

RP is creating and using innovation and ideas, you can't use up creativity at the end of the day, it is up to you the RP'er to make that choice to use words rather than guns to combat a situation.

Edited by Amberlyn Noelle Amos
  • Like 5

The server is turning into a "Roleplay over Ruleplay" server which I love, adding a greenzone would make the server go backwards. As hospital staff, it can get pretty boring from time to time. Having something like a shootout happening, gives us some sort of enjoyment, gets our adrenaline pumping and also adds to the medical RP that we are looking for. 

PD is technically a greenzone, but people still get kidnapped, shot, stabbed, punched... because "roleplay over ruleplay".

Edited by MJ High
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, MJ High said:

The server is turning into a "Roleplay over Ruleplay" server which I love, adding a greenzone would make the server go backwards. As hospital staff, it can get pretty boring from time to time. Having something like a shootout happening, gives us some sort of enjoyment, gets our adrenaline pumping and also adds to the medical RP that we are looking for. 

PD is technically a greenzone, but people still get kidnapped, shot, stabbed, punched... because "roleplay over ruleplay".

I understand that the shootout will give you rp, but shoot outs happen all over the city what's the difference of it being in front of the hospital? 

Edit: Pillbox once was a greenzone a long time ago. It brought alot less issues and people still had their shootouts etc elsewhere. 

Edited by Elwelia

Shootouts at the hospital are generally disruptive and cause a lot of issues, especially given proximity to Integrity. Should all hospitals be greenzones? Probably not. Should Pillbox? Probably. Are there ample other places for criminals to shoot the police and break out their friends between Pillbox and MRPD? Absolutely.

+1

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Timr said:

Shootouts at the hospital are generally disruptive and cause a lot of issues, especially given proximity to Integrity. Should all hospitals be greenzones? Probably not. Should Pillbox? Probably. Are there ample other places for criminals to shoot the police and break out their friends between Pillbox and MRPD? Absolutely.

+1

I was just about to write this, well said. 

6 minutes ago, Elwelia said:

I understand that the shootout will give you rp, but shoot outs happen all over the city what's the difference of it being in front of the hospital? 

The difference is that it's our place of work. EMTs actually get to be involved in a hostile situation, in which normally we wouldnt be able to. Front row ticket to the show. There is so much amble opportunity RP with hostile scenes at Pillbox. I love the feeling of basically being a "combat medic" when theres a shootout happening, and I'm able to safely grab someone out of danger and save their lives. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, it makes the experience so much better.

I would add my vote to not make pillbox a greenzone. As a paramedic AND as a crim, I enjoy those interactions a lot. I have had a great time breaking someone out of police custody at pillbox on a crim character. Also as MJ said, we have great RP opportunities at Pillbox as EMS when we have hostile scenes or lockdowns. It is fun for us as well as crims and hopefully PD to get to participate in those situations more often than not. I think that it adds a twist to RP that doesn't really exist anywhere else in the city. Pillbox is not locked down seven times a day, some days there are no lockdowns at all. We even have a security unit within EMS that gets to do their job! The city is growing and new people are entering and sticking around while pillbox continues to exist as it is.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, MJ High said:

The difference is that it's our place of work. EMTs actually get to be involved in a hostile situation, in which normally we wouldnt be able to. Front row ticket to the show. There is so much amble opportunity RP with hostile scenes at Pillbox. I love the feeling of basically being a "combat medic" when theres a shootout happening, and I'm able to safely grab someone out of danger and save their lives. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, it makes the experience so much better.

I understand the point of being a "combat medic" but EMS is usually supposed to come after a situation no? if you are there during the crossfire and you get shot, its now on the civilians hands. That would be a liability for them because we are not supposed to be shooting at medics, if that makes sense. In real life there is never shootouts that happen at hospitals, if we want rp to be realistic as possible wouldnt we follow that same thing?

8 minutes ago, Hylia said:

I would add my vote to not make pillbox a greenzone. As a paramedic AND as a crim, I enjoy those interactions a lot. I have had a great time breaking someone out of police custody at pillbox on a crim character. Also as MJ said, we have great RP opportunities at Pillbox as EMS when we have hostile scenes or lockdowns. It is fun for us as well as crims and hopefully PD to get to participate in those situations more often than not. I think that it adds a twist to RP that doesn't really exist anywhere else in the city. Pillbox is not locked down seven times a day, some days there are no lockdowns at all. We even have a security unit within EMS that gets to do their job! The city is growing and new people are entering and sticking around while pillbox continues to exist as it is.

Okay maybe saying seven times was a overstatement but I have seen it locked down 3 times in an hour. 

4 minutes ago, Elwelia said:

I understand the point of being a "combat medic" but EMS is usually supposed to come after a situation no? if you are there during the crossfire and you get shot, its now on the civilians hands. That would be a liability for them because we are not supposed to be shooting at medics, if that makes sense. In real life there is never shootouts that happen at hospitals, if we want rp to be realistic as possible wouldnt we follow that same thing?

There is a charge for injuring a medic. It's called Aggravated Assault/Murder. It could lead to the medic suing the person that shot them, whether it was PD or a criminal. EMTs know that when there is shooting happening around them, to get into a secure area. EMS is able to lock doors to prevent from people from coming into a certain area. We have talked about PB becoming a greenzone in the past, but decided that we will take different measures to prevent that from happening as it would prevent a lot of amazing RP. So we brought in security (which is currently being improved), being able to lock doors, and also possibly getting vest for EMTs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MJ High said:

There is a charge for injuring a medic. It's called Aggravated Assault/Murder. It could lead to the medic suing the person that shot them, whether it was PD or a criminal. EMTs know that when there is shooting happening around them, to get into a secure area. EMS is able to lock doors to prevent from people from coming into a certain area. We have talked about PB becoming a greenzone in the past, but decided that we will take different measures to prevent that from happening as it would prevent a lot of amazing RP. So we brought in security (which is currently being improved), being able to lock doors, and also possibly getting vest for EMTs. 

Ahhhhh okay that makes more sense. Yeah a long time ago my character was actually hospital security, but it was never set in stone. I can see where you are coming from now. The only experience i had when i came right back into the city was like 10 people getting held hostage inside of the patient room. This ended with open fire on a bunch of civs and cops. Something like this i believe isnt rp, but just my opinion. 

-1 on Pillbox becoming a green zone.   It would shut down so much great RP that I have seen there. Of course we've all seen bad RP there but I've seen on LSPD side some amazing RP and interaction.  Hostage situations, negations, shoot outs, attempted custody break outs, and more.  Specially since MRPD is a green zone I say -1 to Pillbox green zone because it only limits things more.

I see a lot of these points that occur, but at the end of the day; if it's a greenzone their is still ways to continue that current RP scene through words and not gun violence and etc. 

Comparing MRPD to Pillbox as a GZ, seems nothing alike in my opinion. People have bent some of the rules into roleplay, which is fine. But their is still ample opportunity took take the scene and recoup then move on to continue it else where. 

As someone whom is moving away from Tasers, Guns, and more; I've picked up using my "Nikki" character as something to use words to combat any situation unless I'm fired upon first then I will draw my own weapon. With that being stated, I was writing that response really late so I want to put more context behind a few things. 

1 - New citizens will see this and be like welp too much guns; I know I've been in countless servers and it's very aggravating to see guns so openly branded right when you walk out.

Too reclarify, there has been times were I've gone server-surfing looking for servers; I've met dozens of individuals and seen that people whom are trying to get away from guns and move toward word play get very agitated if they see guns used in every situation; Which on BLRP they are used in every situation (not every group, or person but a majority). With Integrity being a hotspot, criminal activity has been seen to move from their into pillbox and then the other issues arise of "lockdowns".

Recently I made a new character "R. Haier", and this character was for the purpose of using no guns AT ALL and only words; I did a week survey of RPing with individuals. Mainly outside of integrity and various parts of the city. In the study I did, every 1 out of 4 people I met; ended up using a gun during these situations; even for the minor-esk things too such as ex: "Accidentally scraping their car". I've also seen things like simple interactions with one cop over a situation ending up with some group rolling up with class 3's because a different situation going on not at pillbox.

Part of this is not to blame on Pillbox or Integrity itself or any part of the city for that matter, but the person or RP'er in this matter. People need to think before they do stuff, a lot of these groups don't realistically think about what they do expect that they are going to do it. They aren't thinking about the story at hand either that occurs, if I'm the one inside creating a story or if they're the one outside blazing like no tomorrow; but a hour later they are chilling on the block with no real intentions of doing anything else; then where is the story they are providing? the people in pillbox are trying to provide story or interaction without guns but through wordplay like "Injuries, etc", thus making it disruptive in my eyes when you don't really have a story behind breaking a dude out, thus making it disruptive to all people in that area. 

Something I've noticed is that when people do have shootouts in pillbox, they don't treat the hospital as being not filled unless PD is in their during it and going at it with them; what sense realistically would it make to go into a hospital with class 3's and dumping hundreds of rounds? rounds travel through walls and into other rooms, with the possibly to hit other people in a RP sense like patients, sounds like a act of terrorism to me? a all to common occurrence inside of pillbox, no matter the caliber. You can state this doesn't happen, but it happens during various parts of the day and some people may not have seen them.

As stated within BLRP server rules:

the responsibility on the player is to use violence where it’s appropriate and reasonable to the engagement. We encourage verbal interactions before the use of guns and other violent means. Not every conflict needs to have weapons or guns involved. 

I've stated time and time again but: 

You can't use up creativity, creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, making mistakes and having fun. With creativity, it helps to experiment in breaking out of the same established patterns people do, in order to look at things in a different way. I bet that you can make a lot of RP out of doing these actions you do differently if you had just recoup'd and waited for it to leave pillbox, think of ideas on how you can spice it up as-well-as thinking about the story and putting actual context behind it. Will the gang go into hiding for a while after the break-out etc? what does these mean for the gangs lively-hood, etc.

with that being stated a must win or must not lose mentality is now coming from both sides; Your actions should be focused on promoting RP within and outside of your group and not forcing a situation onto to others whom may be in the crossfire due to you wanting to win and be superior in that situation.

Edited by Amberlyn Noelle Amos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Amberlyn Noelle Amos said:

I see a lot of these points that occur, but at the end of the day; if it's a greenzone their is still ways to continue that current RP scene through words and not gun violence and etc. 

Comparing MRPD to Pillbox as a GZ, seems nothing alike in my opinion. People have bent some of the rules into roleplay, which is fine. But their is still ample opportunity took take the scene and recoup then move on to continue it else where. 

As someone whom is moving away from Tasers, Guns, and more; I've picked up using my "Nikki" character as something to use words to combat any situation unless I'm fired upon first then I will draw my own weapon. With that being stated, I was writing that response really late so I want to put more context behind a few things. 

1 - New citizens will see this and be like welp too much guns; I know I've been in countless servers and it's very aggravating to see guns so openly branded right when you walk out.

Too reclarify, there has been times were I've gone server-surfing looking for servers; I've met dozens of individuals and seen that people whom are trying to get away from guns and move toward word play get very agitated if they see guns used in every situation; Which on BLRP they are used in every situation (not every group, or person but a majority). With Integrity being a hotspot, criminal activity has been seen to move from their into pillbox and then the other issues arise of "lockdowns".

Recently I made a new character "R. Haier", and this character was for the purpose of using no guns AT ALL and only words; I did a week survey of RPing with individuals. Mainly outside of integrity and various parts of the city. In the study I did, every 1 out of 4 people I met; ended up using a gun during these situations; even for the minor-esk things too such as ex: "Accidentally scraping their car". I've also seen things like simple interactions with one cop over a situation ending up with some group rolling up with class 3's because a different situation going on not at pillbox.

Part of this is not to blame on Pillbox or Integrity itself or any part of the city for that matter, but the person or RP'er in this matter. People need to think before they do stuff, a lot of these groups don't realistically think about what they do expect that they are going to do it. They aren't thinking about the story at hand either that occurs, if I'm the one inside creating a story or if they're the one outside blazing like no tomorrow; but a hour later they are chilling on the block with no real intentions of doing anything else; then where is the story they are providing? the people in pillbox are trying to provide story or interaction without guns but through wordplay like "Injuries, etc", thus making it disruptive in my eyes when you don't really have a story behind breaking a dude out, thus making it disruptive to all people in that area. 

Something I've noticed is that when people do have shootouts in pillbox, they don't treat the hospital as being not filled unless PD is in their during it and going at it with them; what sense realistically would it make to go into a hospital with class 3's and dumping hundreds of rounds? rounds travel through walls and into other rooms, with the possibly to hit other people in a RP sense like patients, sounds like a act of terrorism to me? a all to common occurrence inside of pillbox, no matter the caliber. You can state this doesn't happen, but it happens during various parts of the day and some people may not have seen them.

the responsibility on the player is to use violence where it’s appropriate and reasonable to the engagement. We encourage verbal interactions before the use of guns and other violent means. Not every conflict needs to have weapons or guns involved. 

You can't use up creativity, creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, making mistakes and having fun. With creativity, it helps to experiment in breaking out of the same established patterns people do, in order to look at things in a different way. I bet that you can make a lot of RP out of doing these actions you do differently if you had just recoup'd and waited for it to leave pillbox, think of ideas on how you can spice it up as-well-as thinking about the story and putting actual context behind it. Will the gang go into hiding for a while after the break-out etc? what does these mean for the gangs lively-hood, etc.

with that being stated a must win or must not lose mentality is now coming from both sides; Your actions should be focused on promoting RP within and outside of your group and not forcing a situation onto to others whom may be in the crossfire due to you wanting to win and be superior in that situation.

To be honest, making Pillbox a GZ abides but what you just said.

You stated, "You can't use up creativity, creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, making mistakes and having fun. With creativity, it helps to experiment in breaking out of the same established patterns people do, in order to look at things in a different way." This is already true as it is right now since there are many occasions where big events that happen at Pillbox usually having meaning behind it. When a Crim has a man or couple people under Police custody inside a hospital, they usually have to come up with a creative plan in order to execute it and get their people out. Especially since PD always has back up at Pillbox. When you have 3-4 guys down inside Pillbox with 4+ cops watching, you are now in a predicament. Crims have to decide what they are going to do, how to execute the plan, and get out with everyone + get away. I may not be an EMT or Paramedic, but having Pillbox shut down for 5-10 mins really isn't a big deal. Even MJ and Hylia stated they enjoy those interactions from their standpoint. At the end of the day, having a big situation at Pillbox provides RP for not just crims, but to cops, EMTs, and even bystanders watching. I personally enjoy these interactions, and I'm sure others can relate. Making Pillbox a GZ only removes the "creativity" part you stated as then Crims will only be forced to act by the rules. 

As MJ stated, "Roleplay over Ruleplay" provides better interactions amongst the people rather than being limited due to external conflicts. It's not like Pillbox is constantly being shot up and shut down, which would be a whole different story. At this point, having it shut down for 5-10 mins isn't the end of the world, and the amount of times it happens in a day varies.

• Like 2

Honestly, I think it just comes down to needing a more regular presence with EMS. A lockdown with one or two on-duty EMS can really put a damper on the ability for EMTs to assist the rest of city. Luckily there are other hospitals with their own working beds for citizens to head to when the main hospital is on lockdown, but I think that with a larger EMS pool we could actually staff those other hospitals. That way, a lockdown doesn't effectively "lock down" the few EMS on-duty.

I really enjoy EMS RP that isn't just "Revive me and go away," and a lockdown absolutely gets the adrenaline pumping. I just never want it to feel like I shouldn't be roleplaying something out because someone needs me to be their mobile revive machine on the opposite side of the city.

• Like 1

Instead of becoming a green zone how about starting to punish the people that abuse certain areas just because they can? This includes the Hospital, Integrity and Elgin, people seem to target these areas too much and should respect others that wish to rp over there. Not saying never do it just dont keep doing all day long.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Naja said:

Instead of becoming a green zone how about starting to punish the people that abuse certain areas just because they can? This includes the Hospital, Integrity and Elgin, people seem to target these areas too much and should respect others that wish to rp over there. Not saying never do it just dont keep doing all day long.

If we punished people based off of "abusing certain areas" then that defeats the whole purpose of that area not being a GZ. I believe many (many, not all) of us are mature enough to not "abuse" or constantly be disruptive in certain areas of the server. I personally see no need for this to be put in.

No matter if Pillbox was a Green Zone or not, it would still most likely be locked down every time PD ends up in the hospital with suspects. 

If I’m being completely honest here, when Pillbox goes on lock down, it doesn’t effect regular civilians as much. There are 2 other hospitals you can use. It’s not a huge inconvenience. IMO. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Amberlyn Noelle Amos said:

Through words not gun violence? “Hey officers, I don’t have a weapon but I expect you to let my friend you arrested go after he’s done with his medical treatment.” Good luck with that one. It’s a Gang-Gang vs Cop city. Like…. Honestly, no disrespect, but wtf do you expect?  It’s GTA at the end of the day. It’s not going to be all sunshine and rainbows and criminals being role model citizens. Shit happens. Shootouts at hospitals happen more than you would think. 

I praise you for your “no violence” RP, don’t get me wrong. But at the end of the day, this isn’t a no violence RP server. 

• Like 2

Realize all points made, and I'm fine with violence; but there personally isn't a need for every situation to be one. Maybe It's just the fact, that I'm just constantly a PD individual and see things my way and not fully comprehending the full views of each side.

MJ Makes multiple points, and there really isn't going to be a difference at-all whether on lockdown or not. 

"No matter if Pillbox was a Green Zone or not, it would still most likely be locked down every time PD ends up in the hospital with suspects. 

If I’m being completely honest here, when Pillbox goes on lock down, it doesn’t effect regular civilians as much. There are 2 other hospitals you can use. It’s not a huge inconvenience. IMO. "

MJ is 100% right, even if it were a greenzone and said group would be able to recoup the same outcome will happen either way whether we like it or not and etc. And with that being stated, I'm still on the boat of some of the stuff I said prior; but It shouldn't be a greenzone since I've read through all comments. 

• Like 1